Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Gold Street - Rental - Financial District - by Avinash K. Malhotra Architects

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    E-mail tugrul@galatali.com for space (arch related only), then use the img tags to post it here.
    I just walked by the site. It's about 2 stories above ground. Is a second tower planned next to the current one?

Forum Veteran

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    Yes.
    That's interesting. I hope that the 2nd tower is planned on the adjacent parcel on Maiden Lane (or is it Liberty St.?). That eight story, brown brick bldg. is disgusting. Tearing it down would improve the area. Is the 2nd tower something that will realistically be built?

Forum Veteran

It's part of the plan, but approval is still pending on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    It's part of the plan, but approval is still pending on it.
    So is it supposed to be where that crappy building is currently standing?

Forum Veteran

Judging by what you've told me of it, I hope so.

Forum Veteran

The next time you pass the site, could you ask a worker what materials will be in the facade?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    The next time you pass the site, could you ask a worker what materials will be in the facade?
    I'll ask. I work at 140 B'Way, so I walk by there every day.

I guess that it will have a brick facde. By the way, the new brick building on William Street came out nicely.

The first rendering I've seen of 2 Gold:

http://www.lowermanhattan.info/news/...ding_92455.asp

They already have about four storeys up. This rendering is somewhat inaccurate as it does not show the buildings (4 to 14 storeys) that surround the tower.

Forum Veteran

Hmm... not very special, but if decent materials are used it could be nice. The double height balcony punches are interesting too.

Forum Veteran

Better than 10 Liberty, if you ask me.

Forum Veteran

Would be nice to see some condos/co-ops, not rentals, though. Not complaining.

Forum Veteran

Here's 10 Liberty:

http://www.glenwoodnyc.com/flash.htm

Click on Downtown.

I like the street level of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3
    Thanks for the information. At ~623 feet it must have a crown or something.
    Seem like so. Judging by the rendering, it must bring it up to 623ft due to the architectural features and/or plant room gracing its top. There will also be a rooftop solarium of 2,000 sq. ft including a catering kitchen, wet bar, fireplace and buffet area.

We would guess that the proposed lower Tower 2 @ 558ft will be of the same architectural ilk.

BTW If you haven't seen yet, check out Gulcrapek's thread with the first 2 pics showing Tower 1 under construction. So far it looks about 13 or 14 levels above ground. As already stated in this thread, it's going to be 51 levels. Entering the website advertized on the hoarding tells us "Occupany Spring 2005". So it's just going to shoot up!

Link to Gulcrapek's thread: http://forums.wirednewyork.com/viewtopic.php?t=2698

Since it converted 45 Wall Street from an office building to a residential high rise in 1997, family-owned and -operated Rockrose Development has been investing in Lower Manhattan's "24-hour live/work/play community." The company is now building a 51-story residential tower at 2 Gold Street, where two smaller office buildings once stood.

The 2 Gold Building will bring 650 luxury rental apartments to the historic Financial District. A public plaza will surround the foot of the tower, and tower residents will also have access to on-site parking, a fitness center, and a 2,000-square-foot rooftop solarium.
    Already a highly residential neighborhood -- with nearly 7,500 total residents anticipated by 2005 -- the immediate area surrounding 2 Gold Street was once known as "Golden Hill" for the golden wheat originally planted there by the 18th century Dutch. With a new streetscape, 23,000 square feet of new retail space, and an arts center currently being planned for Gold Street, Golden Hill is poised for an urban revival.

The 2 Gold Street tower is slated to open February 2005.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast