Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Yorkers: What are the 3 least desirable states to live?

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    As a result, only Fulton and DeKalb counties are substantially served by MARTA,...
    Still, Fulton and Dekalb counties are quite large on their own right, so MARTA should still have plenty of room to grow.

Default 3 least desirable states...

LOL - New Yorker's must get thier info on the "south" on TV! Like that silly show, "in the heat of the night". Oh, Kentucky never joined the confederacy by the way, Stern. Like another post said the North had numerous race riots, but nothing like that in the south. Iwoa is flat like most of the mid-west [not mid-south like someone said].Having been in every state it depends on what part and the people you encounter. Having chose to live in the south as evident by the rush of Northern's over the year's makes a diffirence; as I can not imagine why anyone would chose to live in a city like New York. The roads including the Penn. turnpike are crap probally cause the "crooks" take most of the money [concrete & aspalt he he].

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by johnny knoxvillian
    LOL - New Yorker's must get thier info on the "south" on TV! Like that silly show, "in the heat of the night". Oh, Kentucky never joined the confederacy by the way, Stern. Like another post said the North had numerous race riots, but nothing like that in the south. Iwoa is flat like most of the mid-west [not mid-south like someone said].Having been in every state it depends on what part and the people you encounter. Having chose to live in the south as evident by the rush of Northern's over the year's makes a diffirence; as I can not imagine why anyone would chose to live in a city like New York. The roads including the Penn. turnpike are crap probally cause the "crooks" take most of the money [concrete & aspalt he he].
    Before we begin, allow me to teach you the grammar lesson of the century regarding the use of apostrophes in plurals, courtesy of Bob the Angry Flower:

Second of all: yes, Kentucky never seceded from the Union, but it remained a slave state. In addition, race riots occurred in both the North AND the South, but they were more common in the North while lynching was more common in the South.

Why would anyone want to live in a city like New York, you ask? "Why would anyone want to live anywhere else?" is just as valid a question. New York is perenially the #1 city that Americans want to move to.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=593

Also, I can't understand for the life of me the reference to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which does not run to, past, or through New York City. It's completely irrelevant.

We New Yorkers are not the only people on this board who are criticizing a select few Southern states. There are many people on this board who are from the South and have listed Southern states among their "least desirable." Nor is one single state ever singled out for disparagement consistently. People's opinions vary. You'd do well to remember that.

Banned Member

Ouch! Johnny Knoxvillian gets the bitch slap from TLOZ. You just don't come to a forum with a first post like that one. Nice work TLOZ.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny knoxvillian
    Having chose to live in the south as evident by the rush of Northern's over the year's makes a diffirence; as I can not imagine why anyone would chose to live in a city like New York.
    I live in the South. If I could, I'd live in New York. I'm kept out by the Law of Supply and Demand. There's so much demand to live in New York that housing costs have gone through the roof. I simply can't afford it.

If they were able to build enough housing to cope with the demand and prices consequently came down, I'd move in a jiffy.

Another reason I live in the South is that people on average aren't very smart here, so they provide me with less competition than I'd have in New York. For a lazy self-employed guy like me, that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    Before we begin, allow me to teach you the grammar lesson of the century regarding the use of apostrophes in plurals, courtesy of Bob the Angry Flower:

Second of all: yes, Kentucky never seceded from the Union, but it remained a slave state. In addition, race riots occurred in both the North AND the South, but they were more common in the North while lynching was more common in the South.

Why would anyone want to live in a city like New York, you ask? "Why would anyone want to live anywhere else?" is just as valid a question. New York is perenially the #1 city that Americans want to move to.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=593

Also, I can't understand for the life of me the reference to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which does not run to, past, or through New York City. It's completely irrelevant.

We New Yorkers are not the only people on this board who are criticizing a select few Southern states. There are many people on this board who are from the South and have listed Southern states among their "least desirable." Nor is one single state ever singled out for disparagement consistently. People's opinions vary. You'd do well to remember that.
    I forgot there are those who get hung up on "proper" english. What cities had race riots in the south? I am originally from Miami so is that far enougn south? I do know that most are from the North and what we call the J effect they all move the the south. I guess that what your idea of "living" would be living in a rat race like NYC is not what I consider worth while. It is a hick culture but they are real. New Yorkers are the rudest, meanest, etc. I also lived in Oak Ridge TN. so as far as the smarts go ignorance is abundant including here. I mentioned the Pa turnpike as another example of lousy roads that destroyed my cars when I had to go North. You meant that NYC was the destination of everyone outside the US. Whether I am right or wrong is a matter of opinion - duh. Remember that well you would do too.. if I had time to spend on this forum as most of you do then maybe there is not so much to do he he in the CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    Ouch! Johnny Knoxvillian gets the bitch slap from TLOZ. You just don't come to a forum with a first post like that one. Nice work TLOZ.
    That is exactly what I am talking about. Who uses that cliche anymore? Bitch slap? Doesn't matter how sophisticated you think you are when you talk like a punk or bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    I live in the South. If I could, I'd live in New York. I'm kept out by the Law of Supply and Demand. There's so much demand to live in New York that housing costs have gone through the roof. I simply can't afford it.

If they were able to build enough housing to cope with the demand and prices consequently came down, I'd move in a jiffy.

Another reason I live in the South is that people on average aren't very smart here, so they provide me with less competition than I'd have in New York. For a lazy self-employed guy like me, that's important.
    I think it is funny when you change and omit my original quote. Lazy seems to be the reason you are stuck in the "south" and that attitude about other people won't get you anywhere either.

Thanks for stopping by, Jethro.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Who uses that cliche anymore? Bitch slap? Doesn't matter how sophisticated you think you are when you talk like a punk or bitch.
    Kinda hard for y'all to grasp ironic usage?

Quote Originally Posted by czsz
    Kinda hard for y'all to grasp ironic usage?
    You all or all never y'all and when you try to talk so clever no one knows what the h__k you are talking about - go figure. Why wasted my time with a bunch of close minded bigoted morons. Ironic usage? Is that a wordsmith tring to use words to impress or what? If any of you were any good you would be getting paid for the "words" instead of this trib

Losers

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    Thanks for stopping by, Jethro.
    I come from paradise and have the means to live where ever I want so this is all blowing smoke up your arses - stay in the City with the rest of the rats.

I guess the schools aren't all that good in Paradise. Or were you just born a dumbass?

h__k
    Did you really just censor your own use of the word "heck"? I knew there might still be deep, dark corners of the country that did this but...I thought they were merely the stuff of legend.

Johnny, it's clear you don't leave "paradise" because you're too provincial to peek outside.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    I guess the schools aren't all that good in Paradise. Or were you just born a dumbass?
    School does not seem to have helped you and your handicap. Anyone who uses a chimp as a icon must not be all that bright to me................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...v

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast