Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Yorkers: What are the 3 least desirable states to live?

Default New Yorkers: What are the 3 least desirable states to live?

I'd go with:

1. Mississippi -racism runs rampant, horrible economy
    2. Alabama -see Mississippi
    3. Ohio - Faceless state IMO. Doesn't have its own identity. Not true rural midwest.

For the 3 most desirable states I'd say:

1. New York - The city carries alot of weight
    2. Iowa - Best education in the country, 4 seasons, rolling hills, open spaces, cute little close knit small towns, RIVER TOWNS, the bridges of Madison county and very safe. The perfect anti -aesthetic to NYC.
    3. California - Obvious reasons, warm, scantily clad women, more culture than Florida, about every topography imaginable.

I'm anxious to read your lists.

I lived in Alabama for a few years (family is originally from AL) and I can honestly say New York is just as racist, if not more so, than Alabama.

Forum Veteran

1. Louisiana - consistently ranked as least safe and lowest quality of life out of all 50 states by Morgan Quitno. Also home to New Orleans, which despite its great music and food has a horrible crime situation; it is often said that if it weren't for the French Quarter, the Big Easy would just be a cesspool with a Superdome. Definitely a lot of racial strain.

2. Michigan - (Sorry GR2NYsoon) Especially the Detroit area. The woes of the automotive industry have left an urban landscape of half-dead or worse industrial cities with plummeting populations, racial tension and high crime. Detroit, despite many notable improvements (many of which were implemented simply through speculation), is one of the most segregated cities in the United States, and for years vied with Saint Louis for the nation's highest crime rate. Urban blight has also spread to the suburbs.

3. New Jersey - Because it's just plain evil :P

And North2South, yes there's plenty of racism all across America. In many cases, such as yours, the Deep South does have a bad, oftentimes undeserved, reputation for racism. Segregation may have been the law in the South, but it was the norm in the North; so the whole nation is to blame for such woes.

Best states:

1. Tie between Vermont and New York. Vermont is just plain gorgeous, and I love snow. New York because though the city does carry a lot of weight, upstate is also home to a diversity of wildlife and outdoorsy activities: hiking, mountain climbing, skiing, etc.

3. New Jersey - Because it's close to New York :P

New Jersey - Because it's just plain evil
    No wonder the Jersey Devils have won the Stanely cup so many times!

(IMO)

Out of the Fifty States the last three places I would like to live would be..

1.) Arkansas

2.) North Dakota (too cold, too boring, too flat)

3.) Alaska (Im sure Summers there are great, but I hate Winters spent indoors)

Out of the fifty States the three that I have never lived but would like to would be..

1.) California (Santa Monica, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Newport Beach, San Clemente, Malibu, Monetery, Carmel, San Francisco, Pacifica, Santa Cruz, La Jolla)

California has an excellent quality of life, lots of recreational activities to keep busy all year round.

2.) Washington (Seattle, West Seattle), excellent quality of life. Great place to raise a family.

3.) Tie between Colorado and Oregon

Forum Veteran

I've done a lot of traveling and the easy choice for #1 is

#1 - Utah. - a scary place.

#2 - Texas. Gun-lusting, obese, and proud-to-be-so state. (I am a gun-owner but these people are just bizarre)

#3 - Oklahoma. Flat and painfully boring. Way too flat.

Oklahoma is not flat.

It actually slopes up about three feet from the east border tyo the west border.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    Oklahoma is not flat.

It actually slopes up about three feet from the east border tyo the west border.
    Oklahoma City is what I remember the most and it is flat as a board there. Maybe I should have said just the city.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    Oklahoma is not flat.

Hee hee.

Here goes nothing and on two hours of sleep.

All Time favorites:

1. California. Perfect weather, the coast has a moderated climate that almost always clears up before noon. The only exception being San Francisco which is almost always covered in fog, I think Mark Twain once said the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco, he’s right. Also northern California with its ancient red woods and Yosemite Park is a must see. My favorite California cities are in SoCal, LA, San Diego, and Venice Beach all are lots of fun and its virtually impossible to be bored.
    2. Utah. Probably the best experiences of my life scratch Salt Lake City. The scenery is breathtaking. The middle of the state is great for mountain climbing and amazingly greenery. I remember I met some of the nicest people there, Mormon’s are weirdoes but they are great people too. Characteristic of the south of the state is Bryce Canyon, the state was once covered with salt, hence salt lake, and I do not recommend visiting the lake. Anyways the salt creates some of the most astounding landforms you will ever see, they defy conventions. I remember at one Lake, its name has right now slipped my memory , anyways I set up camp near its banks, and the land forms would sometimes soar maybe 100 feet above it and its lots of fun jumping from that high! But there were caves in the water and all these little abysses as a result of the states geological past. I remember the banks were cluttered with thousands of giant trees, washed up, and I swear that night I had to have made one of the world’s largest bon-fire’s….
    3. New York City. For having the best City in world!

Least Favorite States:

1. Mississippi. I remember I went down there and the coast had million dollar homes and right in there back yard were some of the most decrepit homes you would ever see, needless to say they still treat blacks like they were slaves. At the same time I was there they were rallying to bring back the confederate flag.
    2. Louisiana. New Orleans is probably one of the worst cities I have ever been to. It’s poor and dirty and reflects the state. Its world famous Bourbon Street is disgusting. Furthermore it’s a pain in the ass to find authentic food there, and there is no public place in the entire city to cool off, the waters are too polluted.
    3. Kentucky. Bunch of red neck hicks.

Forum Veteran

Stern:
    3. Kentucky. Bunch of red neck hicks.
    My dad was raised in northern Kentucky, suburbs of Cincinnati :P

Though that part of the state is definitely more Yankee than Rebel, considering that Cincy in its prime styled itself as Mini-New York :mrgreen:

Default worst states

worst 3 states
    1, Virgina - may be concidering excessive use tax on toilet paper
    2, Texas- ugly cow disease
    3, SouthCarolina- 50 dollar fine for each opened container [Beer cans] in your automoble. Do not push public to recycle Aluminum

best 3 states
    North Carolina- their laid back
    West Vigina- Govenors mansion is a double wide moble home
    Kentucky- Drive through recycling [throw it out the window]

We as a nation can joke between our selfs knowing that we are united, supporting our troups and will never forget 911.

Their Blood Still Cries

In fear they run in terror
    As buildings come falling down
    The dear brave souls, to save a life
    In ashes their bodies found

At our nations brain of war,
    More blood spilled out that day
    Americans of honor
    Lost to coward ways

In a field, more blood does cry
    With countless tears
    Their loved ones cry

The call our nation
    Now at war
    From coast to coast
    Our anger soars

To tell our children
    That question why?
    In our hearts
    Their blood still cries

Roy Wayne Crouch
    [Pen]Mightyoutpouring
    Admnistrator, The Poets Roadhouse.com

My dad was raised in northern Kentucky, suburbs of Cincinnati

Though that part of the state is definitely more Yankee than Rebel, considering that Cincy in its prime styled itself as Mini-New York
    Northern Kentucky is probably scenic. Southern Kentucky is very barren and as an outsider, a northern, all eyes were on my back and I felt them burn. I vainly tried Southern Kentucky culture which was a cave tour, and in Tennesse Jackson's House, hick culture.

Banned Member

There are so many levels to judge this on....

Worst States

1) Utah - Beautiful landscape, but a Mormon Theocracy
    2) Texas - Ugly Flat and a solid right wing conservative government bent of working outside our democratic process.
    3) Nevada - Radioactive Uranium Dump for the country

Best States

1) NY - I've lived on a Long Island Beach. I've lived in Adirondack Park. I've lived in Manhattan. I live in Brooklyn. Everything is in this state.
    2) Vermont - The last remanants of small town America and green natural beauty.
    3) Oregon - Desert, Coastline, Mountains - I love it.

why the utah hate?.... i mean seriously... those who are afraid of the theocracy have not spent more than a week here....

when hollywood types speak of the best parties they had all year... well without fail they mention utah....

sundance film festival anyone...
    how bout the olympics
    best nature in the country...

even still people complain about our liquor laws.. but there are plenty of other states with dry laws as well... some much more strict

you new yorkers dont like to camp but thats cool

its a great state
    peaceful, safe, and homogenized.

worst states.
    1. delaware
    2. new jersey
    3. michigan

kevdogg read my post. Visiting Utah was the best expierence of my life!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast