• Lieberman

0 0%
  • Bush

4 14.81%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: an early election poll of the WiredNY community

It is possible for the Democrats to win without any of the deep south, Texas or the West. Florida is key, obviously, but if they win in Ohio or Missouri, it can make up for a loss in Florida.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRE....php?year=2004

Thus, if they make any kind of headway in the south, it will be disastrous for Bush.

I voted Edwards. His positive campaining seems nice. He has a very energetic campaign going (yet not too exagerated). He can be a good opponent for Bush.

One more for Clark
    Smart Guy.... I think he can pull in a lot of republicans, and he seems to be liberal enough for now.....

I like Deans policies the most (even though his tenure in vermont was not as good as he brags) but he seems unelectable.

Liberman? He supported capital gains tax cuts once.....

Edwards.... I dunno.

Kerry, is okay, but I'd much rather have the other senator from mass. (only if everyone could forget about that darn chappaquatic 'sp' thing)

Kucinich - does he even deserve a comment? same goes for Sharpton.

Quote Originally Posted by dbhstockton
    It is possible for the Democrats to win without any of the deep south, Texas or the West. Florida is key, obviously, but if they win in Ohio or Missouri, it can make up for a loss in Florida.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRE....php?year=2004

Thus, if they make any kind of headway in the south, it will be disastrous for Bush.
    You're right. Even Arizona, which went for Clinton in '96, would change the results. Then again there were a lot of states that barely went into the Gore column: New Mexico, Oregon, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Florida. Florida was so close the Bush's actually claimed it. No spoiler third party candidate so far - should be interesting.

Gephardt can deliver Missouri to one of the candidates. If Kerry does reasonably well in the other states, a Gephardt endorsement would give Kerry a big edge the rest of the way, and arguably hand him the nomination.

What would be the payback? Running mate? Dems must win back Missouri, Ohio, or Indiana.

Forget about Indiana, its very solidly republican. Better chance with Florida IMO.

Kerry reminds me too much of Bob Dole.

Forum Veteran

You've seen him naked?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    You've seen him naked?
    ...Excuse me while I go get a gallon of holy water to purge my head of that image.

How in the world does John Kerry remind you of Bob Dole?

Although they're from different ends of the political spectrum, they're both very intelligent, well-respected, and the very definition of "senatorial." The next time you see Kerry on TV, make note of how he calmly answers even the toughest question with a perfectly formed complete paragraph -- quite a contrast to our current president, who defensively sputters catch phrases and platitudes on the rare occasions that his handlers allow him to answer questions off-the-cuff.

This points out that the forum probably has more democrats than republicans. It's hard to imagine Clark getting just as many votes as President Bush, or even the Democrats total to have so many more votes than Bush. Surely a polling of the country would be very different. If I did not vote, Bush would have only 2 votes on this forum.

Default New York (City) is blue

Maybe this forum isn't as easily duped as the rest of the country.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Tower
    This points out that the forum probably has more democrats than republicans. It's hard to imagine Clark getting just as many votes as President Bush, or even the Democrats total to have so many more votes than Bush. Surely a polling of the country would be very different. If I did not vote, Bush would have only 2 votes on this forum.
    And that is bad because?

Honestly, what do you expect in a forum in/about New York where the main subject is architecture. That's what right wingers call "common sense".

Why is New Mexico such a liberal stronghold? I never would have guessed until looking at these maps. I know there's artist's colonies, etc, but how is it the only democratic state in the west?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast