Thread: Remaining unremodeled shopping malls? I got one

Default Remaining unremodeled shopping malls? I got one

The Bergen mall in Paramus. It's anchored by Macy's (formerly Stern's) and a Value City. It's kind of a small, community oriented mall, the way malls used to be. It appears this mall has never gone through a facelift. Despite not observing much foot traffic, the vacancy rate is pretty low. The mall also has a basement which is sorta like a Flea market. This mall was managed by Simon but it appears from new signage it is now Vornado Reality trust.
    Pics to follow...

the mall's main level, note those 60s-70s style lights!

The basement, I feel like I stepped into a time warp!

I remember going there with a friend of mine on Saturdays. He had a messed up family. We would go in with his brother, and his brother would meet to play D+D in the basement (I thought that was SO cool at that age).

We would hang out and play with toys and stuff, or look through all the stores until he was finished.

The place was the best mall around, that was close. Paramus Park was further.

The Garden State Plaza SUKKED majorly before it was enclosed, but now it is one of the biggest in the area.

The only problem I see with all of these malls is that they are, well, MALLS.

If you don't want to go to a generic national franchise, then you are out of luck. If you are looking for something besides the oxymoronic "California Pizza" or the "Fasion FootLocker" then no deal.

But as for the Bergen mall... It is kind of known as the "old timers" mall...

Oh, and parking still stinks there.