Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Visionaire - 70 Little West Street - Downtown - Condo - by Pelli Clarke Pelli

Banned Member

I visited it - but no pics. It is a rather exceptional design and a unique park - especially for downtown. Don't just pass by and glimpse in - wander around it. It is small, but lovely.

Banned Member

The call it the "first green" residential building. Talk about your boldface lies. How about the Solaire and Helena?

The site actually says it's the first green condo, which is true -The Solaire and Helena are rentals

Here are some pics outside my window of 22 river terrace of the 2 new buildings going up on North End Ave

http://www.geocities.com/muziqgod/IMG_2549.JPG
    http://www.geocities.com/muziqgod/building.gif

Here is an airial of Teardrop Park. I'll take a non-blurry one once the weather makes it more exciting and the wall actually freezes.
    http://www.geocities.com/muziqgod/IMG_2551.JPG

Here's a view of 7WTC and also the new parking lot being town up for the future home of Goldman Sachs:
    http://www.geocities.com/muziqgod/IMG_2550.JPG

Here's what 7 WTC looked like this fall right after a huge storm leaving this mind blowing sunset glow on lower Manhattan (note: there are cars still in the future Goldman lot):
    http://us.share.geocities.com/muziqgod/IMG_2194.JPG
    Last edited by ZippyTheChimp; January 10th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by NYCResident
    Yes - that's the one.. but does anyone know any more details about it? When will groundbreaking start, designs of the building, estimated completion date, etc.?
    Excavation and pile-driving of the foundation underway at 30 West street, site 2a, in BPC, for this building http://www.the-tower-residences.com/ by Millennium Partners

Anyone have info on the next site to the north, between Second and Third Pl., has a developer been chosen? how tall will the building be?

That's Site 3 and the RFP is supposed to go out later this year.

The Dude Abides

From cityrealty.com:

Millennium Partners have big waiting list for new Battery Park City project 06-JUL-05

A new “green” condominium apartment tower is under construction in the southern end of Battery Park City.

The environmentally sensitive project is called Millennium Tower Residences. It is a 35-story, red-brick tower with 236 units at 30 West Street at the intersection of Little West Street, one block north of Millennium Point, which contains a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, apartments and the Skyscraper Museum, at the southernmost end of Battery Park City overlooking the harbor and the Statue of Liberty.

The new building is being developed by Millennium Partners, which also erected Millennium Point.

Ground was broken for this development in May and the developers then said they had more than a 1,000 names of potential buyers on the waiting list for apartments.

Handel Associates is the architect of the building that is expected to be about 25 percent more efficient than current New York State standards. It will have solar rooftop panels and it will “rely heavily” on recyclable construction materials including steel, wood and even concrete drawn primarily from local sources. Each unit will receive fresh ducted air that has been adjusted for desired year-round humidity levels and has been filtered to remove 85 percent of all outside particulates, soot and airborne toxins. The building is also expected to use 33 percent less water than a comparable non-green building as it will have on-site recycling of waster water to supply flush water for toilets.

Apartments will have Brazilian cherry floors, 9-foot ceilings, and floor-to-ceiling windows. The building will have valet parking, a kid’s club, a fitness center and doorman and a concierge. Initial prices range from 875-sq.ft. one-bedroom units starting at $705,000 to 2,400-sq.ft. four-bedroom apartments starting at $1.8 million.

New "green" condo tower for north end of Battery Park City 06-JUL-05

A large “green” condominium apartment tower is under construction in the north end of Battery Park City, just to the north of the World Financial Center.

Known as 1 River Terrace, it being developed by the Sheldrake Organization and will be a 32-story, 320-unit condominium apartment building on a site bounded by Murray and Vesey Streets and North End Avenue.

The building, which will have a curved base facing the Hudson River, like some of the buildings on Riverside Drive, will house the first public library at Battery Park City.

Designed by Polshek Partnership LLC, the building is configured in a U-shape with a 14-story west wing facing the river, a 13-story east wing facing Lower Manhattan and a 32-story facing south. The wings will have landscaped roof gardens and the tower will have a 4-story-high, glass-enclosed portico/lobby.

The “green” building will have filtered air and water, non-emitting carpets and paints, and triple-layered windows, many of which are at the tower’s corners.

It will also have a health club, a children’s playroom, a bicycle storage room, a garage, a doorman and a concierge and a cold-storage room for perishable items. Ismael Leyva Architects P.C., is designing the apartments.

The handsome red-brick building is located between the Irish Hunger Memorial and the two-acre Teardrop Park.

From therealdeal.net...

Battery Park sheds backwater status
    By Alison Gregor

Millennium Tower Residences Battery Park City, often dismissed as a quiet backwater, is seeing an influx of new development.
    In an indication of how much the boom market has strained the seams of Manhattan, four major projects are in the works, and the area may be fully built out in the next few years if - and it's possibly a big if - current conditions hold.

Originally planned in the 1960s as a utopia to give Lower Manhattan a touch of suburbia, Battery Park City was built on a 92-acre landfill on the island's western periphery. It was never envisioned as one of New York City's throbbing epicenters.

Brokers who specialize in the neighborhood have been watching it rebound from the aftermath of the 2001 terrorist attacks. Development there has pulses racing among both brokers and potential buyers.

"People that know about this neighborhood really love it," said Roberta Benzilio, chief operating officer at Century 21 William B. May, who has lived at Battery Park City's Liberty House for 15 years. "A lot of people I encounter here, even in my building, have been here since the inception."

This summer, the Battery Park City Authority will seek a developer for the last two sites (23 and 24) in the community of about 9,500 people.

The Albanese Organization recently topped off a 253-unit environmentally-sensitive "green" building called The Verdesian at Site 18B using $100 million worth of Liberty Bonds. The building is expected to be ready for occupancy in January 2006.

Federal Liberty Bonds offered after the terrorist attacks provided tax-free financing for several developers, though they are required to create rental units to use these incentives.

Albanese also built the 293-unit Solaire at 20 River Terrace with $110 million in Liberty Bonds. The green building opened in May 2003 and was fully rented within six months. The Solaire set records in Battery Park City for rental prices, while a new building called Millennium Tower Residences with 236 condominiums aims to set them for sales prices. Brokers are sitting up and taking notice.

"I think this project will fill with families who want to continue to live in Battery Park City, but are sick of renting, or simply want new construction in their old neighborhood," said Terry Lautin, a neighborhood resident and broker with Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate.

Lautin said all three of her buyers at Millennium Tower Residences planned to stay in their apartments with no intention of flipping them for investment. Prices at the project, developed by Millennium Partners, start at $705,000 for a one-bedroom apartment, ranging up to $1.8 million for a four-bedroom apartment.

Other projects will be breaking ground soon. The Sheldrake Group expects to begin construction in September on another green condominium building with about 265 units, many of them large three and four bedrooms.

Brokers who work in Battery Park City have lamented the lack of larger apartments for families. They've reported families buying smaller units and combining them, a costly proposition with Battery Park City's steep maintenance fees, which can reach $4,000 a month.

"Hopefully, we'll help address some of that pent-up demand for larger apartments," said Robert Klehammer, executive vice president of The Sheldrake Group. "This is one of the reasons we decided to reduce the number of units and make larger ones."

Another building going up is the 274-unit Tribeca Green, which also will have larger apartments. About 35 percent of the building was rented by early May and occupancy is expected at the beginning of the summer, said Daria Salusbury, senior vice president for The Related Companies, which is developing the building.

Currently, asking rents for small one bedrooms start at $2,495; bigger one bedrooms start at $2,995; two bedrooms start at $4,895; and three bed-rooms are $7,495.

The last residential site left undeveloped in Battery Park City, besides sites 23 and 24, is site 3 in the southern portion, said Leticia Remauro, vice president of community relations with the Battery Park City Authority. Though the site went out for RFP months ago, a selection of the developer won't be made before June, she said.

Also a concern is speculation that the investment bank Goldman, Sachs & Co., a major Downtown employer, has put on hold its plans for construction of an 800-foot tower on site 26 in the northern portion of Battery Park City. Remauro said the company was still paying rent on the site as of mid-May.

Foreigners are seeking out Battery Park in abundance, Benzilio said, and young professionals working in the World Financial Center or the Financial District remain a staple of the neighborhood. The high monthly maintenance fees due to the land-lease agreements developers in the community negotiated don't typically thwart potential residents.

"People who come to Battery Park City know. The Manhattan buyer is very savvy – they do their homework on the web sites and know what they're coming to see," said Dimitrios Skretas, a broker with Prudential Douglas Elliman who does some work in Battery Park City.

Development of the community has always been market-driven, say brokers. "Some people are scared that it's a land-lease down here," Benzilio said. "People aren't familiar with what land-lease means, though you can find it in other parts of the city.

"The lease is going to expire in 65 to 70 years, but that's not an issue," she said. "It will most likely just be renegotiated."

From the article....

"This summer, the Battery Park City Authority will seek a developer for the last two sites (23 and 24) in the community of about 9,500 people. "

Aren't those the sites of the current ballfields? I thought they made those permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117
    From the article....

"This summer, the Battery Park City Authority will seek a developer for the last two sites (23 and 24) in the community of about 9,500 people. "

Aren't those the sites of the current ballfields? I thought they made those permanent?
    There are 2 small parcels just west of the ballfields.

The fields will remain.

Thanks! I checked "The Photo Atlas," the book which has consumed probably a month out of my life, and I see what you're talking about. Probably another couple handsome ~25 story towers with brick facades.

Wouldn't it be a shocker if all of a sudden 2 glass towers were built here? lol

BPC is almost complete, hopefully Goldman Sachs moves in. What a success it's been, it really is beautiful in the neighborhood. I hope I can live there someday.

The Dude Abides

I love Battery Park City. It really is a unique place in Manhattan. I know a lot of other people don't like them, but I think most of the recent apartment buildings are really nice. Also, the walk along the waterfront is really pleasant. I highly recommend it to anyone who's never been down there.

Exactly.....I was at Stuyvesant HS for this thing called the JSA, Junior State of America, where we debated stuff about contemporary issues.

Anyways me and this girl snuck out because we were bored (we would have been in so much trouble) and walked first along West St, all the way down passed the Ritz Carlton, then along the waterfront of BPC. With the exception of the first towers built in the neighborhood, all the buildings are what I would call handsome....conservative, but they look good. And they all have a unique touch to avoid conformity, very nice. It's nicely landscaped, plus it was a beautiful day that day. We made it to the winter garden, which was again, awesome, I love the towers of the WFC, we walked up all the steps to look at the WTC site, the second time I've ever seen it (First in October of 2001, all the rubble still there). My eyes teared up......anyways we both agreed that the new 7 wtc looked good (THis was back in March). And then we continued on our way along the river, looking at more nice residentials, noticing a couple under construction. We both enjoyed it so much.

It's a nice, quiet enclave in busy downtown. When I say hopefully I can live there one day, i mean that it's my dream neighborhood. After I graduate college, settle myself for a few years I want to move up from Bay Ridge to BPC.

SO including the ones currently under construction I think I count 5 more towers (residential), and hopefully GS. If not GS hopefully we can still get a nice sized office building there.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast