Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Hanson Place - Williamsburg Savings Bank - Condo - by McCormack & Helmer

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Default yours for $4+ mill

some of the "clocktower residences" are now coming to the market - first 2 are each over $4 mill - one a 3 BR, one a 4 BR, no outdoor space in either.

i'm a big fan of this buidling, but this pricing seems somewhat aggressive. if these prices are firm, i can't imagine these units going into contract anytime soon.

All the really high end apartments in this building have been languishing on the market. The smaller/cheaper ones are moving, though.

I wish I could afford a full floor in this building. But I think more people wish they could afford it than can afford it.

These full floors are on floors 29-31, by the way.

those are some great units, but for 4 mill and 3k total per month on top (CCs plus taxes), that's a very very tough sell given what you can get for that money in a manhattan condo or a bk house. i wouldn't touch it right now even if i had the means. and i love the prospects of this building.

Sign O' the Times: One Hanson Drops Price for Fabulous Retail Space

by Dana Rubinstein | May 2, 2008

Getty Images

Owners of One Hanson Place appear to have lowered by 30 percent the price of the landmarked banking hall at the bottom of Brooklyn's tallest and most glamourous building.

In a Brooklyn Paper article today, broker Faith Hope Consolo, chairwoman of the retail leasing and sales division for Prudential Douglas Elilman, tells editor Gersh Kuntzman that the developers will sell the space as a commercial condo for an unspecified amount, or rent it out for $2 million a year.

But according to Jeffrey Roseman, executive vice president of Newmark Knight Frank Retail, who was replaced by Ms. Consolo in early April, developers Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds and the Dermot Company were earlier asking $3 million a year.

Ms. Consolo also told Mr. Kuntzman that she was shopping the space around to the likes of Microsoft, Apple, Barneys, Sony and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Whether any of those retailers will bite, however, remains another question. As Mr. Roseman put it recently, Its landmarked both inside and outside... So its much trickier.

http://www.observer.com/2008/sign-ti...d-retail-space

2008 Observer Media Group,

microsoft? that must be an error.

Mom used to drag me into this building to visit the dentist. Scared the hell out of me.

funny

Marvelous building. I would love to live there. Especially a unit with the colonnaded terrace

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Mom used to drag me into this building to visit the dentist. Scared the hell out of me.
    My orthodontist growing up was by the clock.

Did you come there from Manhattan or did you grow up in Brooklyn? If the latter, I'd love to know where if you'll share.

^
    First 10 years in what is now Carroll Gardens, house of my grandparents. My parents then bought a home in Sheepshead Bay.

How about you?

I grew up in Park Slope. My parents still live in the same house. Area has changed a lot - some good, some less good, but a better place now in the balance I think.

Strangely I probably spent more time in Sheepshead Bay than Carroll Gardens growing up.

I still remember the Irish v. Italian gang fights around 4th and 5th Aves from when I was very young. My mom and I actually almost got caught in the middle of one on Third Street on Halloween back in the early 80s.

Were your parents living in the neighborhood when the airliner crashed in 1960?

Nope. My dad was in Coney Island then. I don't think that I've ever spoken to someone still in Park Slope who was there when that happened.

I did go to high school however with people whose family homes were later decimated by this crash: http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/12/newyork.crash/

This stretch of Schermerhorn Street has come a long way.

brownbeatle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast