Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: William Beaver House - 15 William Street - Condo - by Tsao & McKown Architects

Default Check out William Beaver Website

Ugh, those bright yellow tones among Downtown's dignified Art Deco brickwork and restrained Mies lines. This has the potential to turn out worse than 2 Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCom View Post
    Ugh, those bright yellow tones among Downtown's dignified Art Deco brickwork and restrained Mies lines. This has the potential to turn out worse than 2 Gold.
    I agree. Also, when a new building's advertising campaign shows an obscured cartoonish rendering of the tower, and, instead, focuses on a retarded cartoon character, isn't that an acknowledgment by the developer that the building sucks?

As I noted, if this building was on the wasteland of 1st or 2nd Ave., I wouldn't be disturbed. However, it sits among magnificent, classical skyscrapers and will ruin the streetscape. Ergo, I am pissed.

Sorry, but ... it looks OK to me.

Me too. But buying a condo there won't get you laid, no matter what Andre Balzas tells you.

^ Well, in that case I take it back.

Default good god is that ugly

Quote Originally Posted by redwinenj View Post

In an attempt to be trendy, they have managed to design a building that is already dated. This will be god awful ugly. the ebst thing about the building is it appears that neighboring buildings will hide most of it.

That has to be the most annoying and pretentious website ever designed to try to sell an overpriced overhyped product.

Maybe they can find some blind I bankers to buy here. Gee, I really would want to come home to my building, walk through the lobby and look up to see some fat assed broker sitting in the glass bottomed jacuzzi above.
    Anyone arriving at the building’s entrance will pass under a glass-bottomed Jacuzzi on the sun terrace of the health club on the floor above.

it reminds me of the John Hancock tower when all of the glass popped off, which, is already better looking than this abomination.
    Last edited by finnman69; December 17th, 2006 at 05:20 PM.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Wink On the bright side -

This building will look extremely campy in twenty years or so.

Default 20?

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    This building will look extremely campy in twenty years or so.
    how about now?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Now it's just sick, IMO.

Default Wait wait wait. This makes William beaver look good

Jean Nouvel's 100 Eleventh Avenue

Best qoute from Curbed: "
    Looks like someone took Fred Sanford's Junkyard and turned it into a condo....UGLY!"

I don't know why they needed to add those horrifying anime characters to renderings of the building. Okay, Beaver, I get it, your building scares me, walking into an [I was going to say "my" as a reference, but couldn't bear to do even that] apartment under an old fart soaking his fat ass in a jacuzzi is quite a Halloween experience on a daily basis, but why scar me further with thoses anime things on the renders?

Default I thinkthe beaver is more like a gerbil

I don't know why they needed to add those horrifying anime characters to renderings of the building. Okay, Beaver, I get it, your building scares me, walking into an [I was going to say "my" as a reference, but couldn't bear to do even that] apartment under an old fart soaking his fat ass in a jacuzzi is quite a Halloween experience on a daily basis, but why scar me further with thoses anime things on the renders?
    One of those Richard Gere gerbils.

Quote Originally Posted by finnman69 View Post
    One of those Richard Gere gerbils.
    That's hilarious!

Default c'mon let's be real

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    That's hilarious!

that's the real type of clientele they want at the William Gerbil House!