Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Commercial Real Estate

The Dude Abides

Thanks, kliq. It's always helpful to have someone on the inside, as it were. Would you also know of what Goldman Sachs is doing with their new headquarters before they make a public announcement?

Forum Veteran

Yeah its down to three sites, Two in midtown and Site 26

Are the two midtown sites in the Times Square area, and do they both entail new construction?

I would guess that they'd look to tear down and build on 8th Ave.

Forum Veteran

Hudson Yards Area, they need large floor plates and there are plenty of large development sites over there.

However there is a new site in play. The Benigans Resturant on 8th and 47th street has been sold to Lloyd Goldman. Possible new tower to arrise there as well as that Duane Reade site on 42nd and 8th
    Last edited by kliq6; June 23rd, 2005 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6
    Hudson Yards Area, they need large floor plates and there are plenty of large development sites over there
    That would be an absolutely horrible location. I prefer Midtown over Site 26 but prefer BPC to Hudson Yards!!!!

Forum Veteran

Hudson has to start somewhere, nothing better then getting a firm of that size to commit tothe area, it will turn many heads and get people thinking of the area

Thumbs up

Muchas Gracias Kliq6 for keeping us up with the news! I cant wait to see if these new companies move to NYC!

Kilq6:

Got any odds on who's gonna win? Is Downtown storng, or is it really 2 sites and an afterthought.

Forum Veteran

Welll 26 is the only site that they could start building on the day the make an agreement. There is no demolition need of other structures on this site unlike the other 2, so youve got to assume Site 26 is still in play

The 7 line extension would seem to be a necessary part of the package if West Side Yards are really viable options.

And how many years down the road is completion of that?

Any solid info on the timeline for GS?

Forum Veteran

Much of Goldmans current NYC leases are up in 2009 and 2010, which is why they wanted to complete SIte 26 in 2009 to have move in. However that is out and so far they have not done a serious move towards anyone site. Youd hope they would by the end of the summer if those lease requirements are true

For them not to pick Site 26b would be follish and stupid. Every other site would require demolishion, CD meetings, and zoning hassles. Site 26b is ready to go and is accessable, unile 8th Ave.

Corporate cowardness at it's finest.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex ballard
    For them not to pick Site 26b would be follish and stupid. Every other site would require demolishion, CD meetings, and zoning hassles. Site 26b is ready to go and is accessable, unile 8th Ave.

Corporate cowardness at it's finest.
    It might seem that way for a layman with no inside info. We know they need large floorplates, but there are many other considerations in making a move - let alone building new.

The important thing is their continued commitment to Manhattan. Lower Manhattan is changing. Personally, I think for the better. The continued development of residential will only help. However, transportation down there is abysmal. Once the new transit hubs are built, or at least started, I think they'll be a lot of new consideration given to downtown. Right now, it is a quagmire and stuck in bureaucratic paralysis.

I think it is a crapshoot for any business to consider the area. All we have are lofty ideas coming from a lame duck governor. I still think we'll see no movement until after the election. Then, all the players will move into action. Pataki opened his mouth when is should have stayed shut. Gargano is very influential and he hasn't made it move. In my opinion, it is not moving forward because the decision has been made to keep the brakes on (claims to the contrary notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6
    I heard from a source at the NYC EDC, that the city is in talks with Three Fortune 500 firms that have some interest in relocating to NYC on top of the CIT Group which just did relocate from Jersey to 505 Fifth . I will try to keep myself and the board posted. All I know is that each firm has a presence here and thinks, for there business it may be better to locate there executives here instead of where they are now
    I just read Charles Wang's Computer Associates wants to move about 100 execs to a location on Park Avenue from their Islandia HQ. Kliq, is this one of the companies?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    I just read Charles Wang's Computer Associates wants to move about 100 execs to a location on Park Avenue from their Islandia HQ. Kliq, is this one of the companies?
    I had not heard about CA and it is not one of them, where is that article? CA was however founded in Lower Manhattan but not sure if its a 500 firm anymore

I can tell you that one firm is in CT, one is in NJ and one is in NY. Two of the firms had HQ's here once but had left to the burbs. One left because of a merger the other left becuase of Taxes and the lack of proper office sapce for itself, however Bloomberg wants to get Hudson Yards going big time in spit of Silver and are pushing huge tax breaks for these firms. The third has operations currently in the city but has never benn based here