Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Link - 310 West 52nd Street - Condo - by Costas Kondylis

Well, they are obviously doing something to the Jo-Ho building because its fully under construction already. Looks more extensive than just cleaning the windows or something. I just hope they are doing major work, not just replacing the bed spreads. Wait, hotels hardly ever replace those or wash them

correct website is http://www.thelinknyc.com/ forgot the C homey.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    correct website is http://www.thelinknyc.com/ forgot the C homey.
    THanks, amigo!

According to today's NY Times, the HoJo will become a Hampton Inn, which is owned by Hilton, and the Day's Inn will become a Hilton Garden Inn. I still hope that the dump on 8th is transformed, but I doubt it. Elad sucks as much as Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonik
    The developer will put up a second tower on the HoJo lot after the first one sells out (that way he'll get full price for units that will eventually stare into another building.) Developers aint stupid.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer
    I actually walked by this site tonight and think that the Hilton that I posted is a re-skin and remodel of another dumpy 8th Ave. building -- the Day's Inn.
    I watched them lift that sample piece of facade into place a few months ago. I'm not sure if it is going to be a blue anodized metal, as it looks now, or if that is just a protective plastic coating over a silver metalic surface. Last Fall (or was it Summer?) I was there when a large section of upper wall collapsed off of that building (I work at 1WW Plaza). It is, um, not too structurally sound and probably should be knocked down. I don't understand why they're interested in pouring good money after bad, making further investments in the place.

A little off topic, but is there a thread here on the status of the S.W. Corner of 57th & 9th?

Default re-skins

If the Hippodrome re-skin is any indication of what we have to look forward to on 8th Ave. then we all better start holding our noses and wearing very dark sunglasses.
    Check out the re-skin on the Hippodrome -- they didn't remove the old face, just applied the new glass + metal facade over it. The old windows are visible behind the new facade.
    This really seems like a completely cheap + cheesy way to refurbish a building.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    Well, they are obviously doing something to the Jo-Ho building because its fully under construction already. Looks more extensive than just cleaning the windows or something. I just hope they are doing major work, not just replacing the bed spreads. Wait, hotels hardly ever replace those or wash them
    All those cinder blocks you see are the new HOJO beds.

Default How can get in early on this building?

i put info on the website....

Smile

The little building to the right will be two townhouse duplexes with outdoor space. There will be a "meditation garden" on top of the parking garage behind the building on 51st Street, which the sponsor bought rights to be allowed to build on. The parking garage will be reinforced to be able to hold the new outdoor space on its roof. If they just fix up that damn hojos it should be a nice improvement to the area. Do you think this part of hells kitchen will continue to see development?

There is a model of 310 W. 52nd St. building (~ 4' tall) in the sales office at the SE corner of 54th & 8th Ave.

The Dude Abides

From cityrealty.com:

New West Side tower will have glass cube entrance 05-JUL-05

A sales office has opened on the southeast corner of Eighth Avenue and 54th Street for The Link, a new 41-story, mid-block condominium tower at 310 West 52nd Street.

The new tower, designed by Costas Kondylis and Gal Nauer, will have a glass cube entrance not too dissimilar to the one being erected by Macklowe Properties for the GM Building on Fifth Avenue between 59th and 60th Streets.

The tower is being built by Elad Properties, the new owners of the Plaza Hotel. Elad is also converting to condominiums the former Gift Building at 225 Fifth Avenue that will be known as the Grand Madison and the former O’Neill Department Store at 655 Avenue of the Americas.

The new tower will have about 145 apartments, sidewalk landscaping and multi-paned windows.

The site, which includes the SIR (Studio Instrument Rental ) building, was acquired in June, 2004 for about $9 million by Vikram Chatwal’s Hampshire Hotel Group that owned the adjoining Howard Johnson’s Hotel.

In August, 2004, the site, including transferable air rights from the Howard Johnson Hotel, was then acquired by Elad Properties for about $43 million.

I'm still pissed with this project. That crap hotel should have been demolished. I therefore still hope that Elad loses his shirt on this and the Plaza. He could have improved 8th Ave. dramatically by razing the HoJo, which he owns!!!!

Default Prices?

Hi - sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum/thread, but does anyone know what the prices are for the link units? Just curious.

Thanks

sales office has been open over a month. I was recently told building is about 1/3 sold. They have not yet released upper 10 floors. Pricing started around 1050/ft for mid floors but has increased quite a bit since then. I think its going to be a nice building and really improve 52nd St. I am looking forward to watch it go up.

Construction of the Link, a new 41-story, mid-block condominium tower. 9 July 2005.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast