Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Bronx Development

The large lot on 163rd and Brooke(?) is well underway. The sign out front I think said something about a Food Bazaar. Does that mean that it is moving out of the Concourse Plaza? I heard the rents there were insane. The Plaza is also under renovation. The lot on 161 and Courtlandt had some trailers moved in but the office trailer was quickly removed. Only a cargo trailer remains. The two lots on Melrose Ave (162 & 160(?)) also remain undeveloped. Additionally, two houses were demolished along 162 (between Morris and Teller.)

There's also some construction by the highway near 138th and Morris.

Default The Bronx Is Getting a New Mixed-Use High-Rise Near Yankee Stadium

The Bronx Is Getting a New Mixed-Use High-Rise Near Yankee Stadium
    By Ondel Hylton
    August 11, 2015
    http://www.6sqft.com/the-bronx-is-ge...ankee-stadium/

Brooklyn and Queens have been flush with new condos and rental developments lately, now it’s time for the Bronx to get in on the action. Local developer M. Melnick & Co. has begun construction of a mixed-income, 17-story residential and commercial high rise at 810 River Avenue that will be the area’s first since it was rezoned in 2009. The company dates back to 1934 and has proven to be reliable builders of multi-family, senior, supportive and mixed-use housing developments around the city.

More info and images in the post here.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyPotato View Post
    The large lot on 163rd and Brooke(?) is well underway. The sign out front I think said something about a Food Bazaar. Does that mean that it is moving out of the Concourse Plaza? I heard the rents there were insane. The Plaza is also under renovation. The lot on 161 and Courtlandt had some trailers moved in but the office trailer was quickly removed. Only a cargo trailer remains. The two lots on Melrose Ave (162 & 160(?)) also remain undeveloped. Additionally, two houses were demolished along 162 (between Morris and Teller.)

There's also some construction by the highway near 138th and Morris.
    Toasty do you have an update on what's going on there? Also do you have any photos from that long vacant lot you'd been hoping to see developed at 161st between Park & Cortlandt? It's finally getting a new high rise!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterloafer View Post
    Toasty do you have an update on what's going on there? Also do you have any photos from that long vacant lot you'd been hoping to see developed at 161st between Park & Cortlandt? It's finally getting a new high rise!
    The supermarket on 163rd definitely seems to have finished exterior work. No idea if it is still intending to be a Food Bazaar. Asked some of the people at the current Bazaar if they knew anything about relocating, and they didn't, but that was months ago.

The new building at 161st seems to have topped off. Also, a small, long abandoned house on 162nd has been replaced with a significantly larger building. There is also work being done near the 163rd spot, on 161, at the corner, across from Boricua College. Another apartment building, but last time I was down there they had only really broken ground. Likewise, the mixed used building on River Ave is still just a hole in the ground.

I will try to get snaps of everything and make an album soon.

Did the plans for a soccer stadium die?

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyPotato View Post
    The supermarket on 163rd definitely seems to have finished exterior work. No idea if it is still intending to be a Food Bazaar. Asked some of the people at the current Bazaar if they knew anything about relocating, and they didn't, but that was months ago.

The new building at 161st seems to have topped off. Also, a small, long abandoned house on 162nd has been replaced with a significantly larger building. There is also work being done near the 163rd spot, on 161, at the corner, across from Boricua College. Another apartment building, but last time I was down there they had only really broken ground. Likewise, the mixed used building on River Ave is still just a hole in the ground.

I will try to get snaps of everything and make an album soon.

Did the plans for a soccer stadium die?
    NYCFC is looking at Columbia University's soccer stadium up in Inwood as a possible site.

Thanks, Toasty. Great update. All much appreciated. I think the site on 162nd Street that replaced that dilapidated house is some sort of supportive housing.

JCMan, too bad they didn't go for the Bronx site. That was much more transit-friendly.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233