Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Island City Development

Default New 11 story hotel starting in june

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

^ That's the Z hotel mentioned in that article. Any idea where exactly it is?

http://www.akarchitect.com/hotel.html

Default Where is it

you know antinimby i would swear it"s on 43rd ave but i have to check. i will drive around tonight and have an answer soon

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Well, you don't have to do that. I was just curious, no big deal if we find out later on.

Default New hotel in LIC

i will tell you one thing it"s beautiful

looks good......glass seems to work well....but I dont like the blank sides..have you seen the new tower next to Citicorp in LIC....it has one blank side (facing the city skyline of all things) as if they built it against another lot....in LIC, they couldnt buy the air rights? crazy

Default Citgroup 2

That wall you are mentioning is a temp wall for the 30+ Stories that are going to be built attached to that building, i hear they are waiting to straighten out the Con ED power problems first then reopen the building and finish up. It"s two phases the first phase is 16 stories then the tower portion will be built later.

Anyone know about "The Ravel" boutique hotel? Rates?

Question

What's Selling in Williamsburg?

Monday, February 19, 2007, by Joey

No, really. With all these new developments springing up in the 'Burg, it's hard to keep tabs on what's actually selling like PBR at a Northsix show (R.I.P.). Apparently one hot commodity is the little-known Maspeth Condos. Built on Maspeth Avenue somewhere in the East Williamsburg/Bushwick grey area, this new construction has 24 units that went on sale last week—20 of which now have accepted offers. So how-in-the-name-of-2004 did that happen? Well, one-bedrooms were priced starting at $355,000, and the seller is paying all closing costs. The down payments are only $10,000, and the common charges and taxes on most units come in under $200 per month. Talk about homebuying for hipsters! The Maspeth Condos website didn't even launch until a couple days ago, and now the only units left are some penthouses. One of the sales associates, after taking some shots at other Williamsburg developments for their pricing, said "That's part of the 'wow' factor for this. We set up a pre-sale, thinking 20-30% may get offers, but we wound up selling 85% of the building in just 6-7 days." A happy accident, surely.

Any condos starting at around $355,000 with down payments of only $10,000 in L.I.C.??? I would definitely buy into that.

Quote Originally Posted by clubBR View Post

What's Selling in Williamsburg?

Monday, February 19, 2007, by Joey

No, really. With all these new developments springing up in the 'Burg, it's hard to keep tabs on what's actually selling like PBR at a Northsix show (R.I.P.). Apparently one hot commodity is the little-known Maspeth Condos. Built on Maspeth Avenue somewhere in the East Williamsburg/Bushwick grey area, this new construction has 24 units that went on sale last week—20 of which now have accepted offers. So how-in-the-name-of-2004 did that happen? Well, one-bedrooms were priced starting at $355,000, and the seller is paying all closing costs. The down payments are only $10,000, and the common charges and taxes on most units come in under $200 per month. Talk about homebuying for hipsters! The Maspeth Condos website didn't even launch until a couple days ago, and now the only units left are some penthouses. One of the sales associates, after taking some shots at other Williamsburg developments for their pricing, said "That's part of the 'wow' factor for this. We set up a pre-sale, thinking 20-30% may get offers, but we wound up selling 85% of the building in just 6-7 days." A happy accident, surely.

Any condos starting at around $355,000 with down payments of only $10,000 in L.I.C.??? I would definitely buy into that.
    it would be nice if the above units were in Williamsburg too....but they are in Bushwick....for similiar LIC deal, please see Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by jrosa51894 View Post
    That wall you are mentioning is a temp wall for the 30+ Stories that are going to be built attached to that building, i hear they are waiting to straighten out the Con ED power problems first then reopen the building and finish up. It"s two phases the first phase is 16 stories then the tower portion will be built later.
    Thank you for the correction....should be fun to work on those floors when they later "reopen" the building.

not rpice-wise, but it looks like the Galaxy in LIC.

Growing up in Maspeth, I never thought they'd name a building with 'Maspeth' in it. That's how you know the RE market has peaked...backwater neighborhoods are getting buildings named after them.

Is the area directly above Queens Blvd, east of 21st St. a residential area?
    Any one know of any $350,000 with $10,000 down payment condos/co-ops in the Sunnyside, Astoria, LIC area?
    Last edited by clubBR; February 20th, 2007 at 01:55 AM.

I guess they just find out.

Second skyscraper for LIC?

February 22, 2007

For years, Citigroup's 48-story Long Island City tower has been the only skyscraper in the Queens commercial district, but it may eventually get some company.

Tishman Speyer Properties is developing an office building for Citigroup called Court Square Two that could grow to 38 stories, or 600 feet tall, just shy of the finance giant's nearby tower. According to documents uncovered by The Real Deal, the site is zoned for 1.2 million square feet, and a rendering prepared by the skyscraper's architect shows the building rising almost 40 stories.

Tishman Speyer has said, however, that they only plan to build 16 stories and 486,000 square feet. A spokesman for Tishman Speyer claimed he wasn't aware of the zoning for the site, but the Web site for the tower's structural engineer, WSP Cantor Seinuk, says a second phase of the tower would bring it to 38 stories. It appears the current plan for the building only calls for finishing the first phase of construction; a representative for the architect, Kohn Pedersen Fox, echoed Tishman Speyer, saying the tower is only being constructed to 16 stories.

The time may not be right for a huge tower in western Queens. For decades, Long Island City has been slated to be the city's fourth commercial center, after Midtown and Lower Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn, but the district has never quite lived up to its promise. The latest blow to the area came in December, when Metropolitan Life Insurance announced its plans to move the bulk of its operations from Long Island City, where it had relocated in 2001, back to Manhattan.

Still, there is some new office development taking place in Long Island City, with developers looking to attract tenants that can't afford Manhattan's ever-pricier office space.

Copyright © 2003-2007 The Real Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by krulltime View Post

I guess they just find out.

... According to documents uncovered by The Real Deal, the site is zoned for 1.2 million square feet, and a rendering prepared by the skyscraper's architect shows the building rising almost 40 stories.
    Real Deal could at least have the decency to give credit to all you guys here at wny who have been talking about this for months