Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 400 Park Avenue South - by Christian de Portzamparc

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    His proposal for the Hearst Tower was way better than Fosters.
    That Foster tower was hard to beat. Height expectations aside, I dont think that they could have done much better than what they ended up with.

The nice form of Christians design didnt really work with the base though.

The "art" store located in this building is now closed. I hope that this POJ and the parking lot will be razed and ripped up soon.

"POJ" & "POG" ...

How sad that the level of intellectural discussion has fallen so low

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    "POJ" & "POG" ...

How sad that the level of intellectural discussion has fallen so low
    Personally, I like your brilliant term, "POS." It's hilarious. However, for some reason, I get censured when I used it. Therefore, I have to use the sanitized, POJ and POG acronyms!

I, too, have attempted to be a good boy and refrain from using the all-encompassing and universally understood P*O*S --

But sometimes I just can't help myself. Iin many cases it really is the only description that fits (imho)

Talking

Back in the summer i had to call on my manager on a walkie saying POS (photo operating system) it never got old.

One of the buildings that is to be razed for this project contains a Chase branch. However, a brand new Chase branch just opened in the adjacent building (i.e., one which will not be razed). Hopefully, this portends the closing of the old Chase and the demolition of the POC in which it's housed.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

I guess Chase just doesn't want to leave that block.

Either that or the developer offered them an alternate nearby space just to get them to move out of their current space.

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    Personally, I like your brilliant term, "POS." It's hilarious. However, for some reason, I get censured when I used it. Therefore, I have to use the sanitized, POJ and POG acronyms!
    I have no problem with the occasional dropping of the acronym POS. The situation that I observed on the forums a couple of months ago, was more than the occasional slip, it was POS this, POS that, derogatory this, sexual reference and toilet humor that. Since demanding posting integrity, I’ve noticed that the foul language has nearly disappeared, and WNY is back to the intellectual forum it was, instead of the dive it was becoming. And judging by the fact that the people who had problems with my challenge to clean up their posts are still posting, I’m guessing that the transition wasn’t too difficult to make. Since what you write is a reflection of yourself, I encourage the posters who have already made a conscious effort to clean up their language to continue to thrive to represent themselves and this forum with integrity and in the best possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    I have no problem with the occasional dropping of the acronym POS. The situation that I observed on the forums a couple of months ago, was more than the occasional slip, it was POS this, POS that, derogatory this, sexual reference and toilet humor that. Since demanding posting integrity, I’ve noticed that the foul language has nearly disappeared, and WNY is back to the intellectual forum it was, instead of the dive it was becoming. And judging by the fact that the people who had problems with my challenge to clean up their posts are still posting, I’m guessing that the transition wasn’t too difficult to make. Since what you write is a reflection of yourself, I encourage the posters who have already made a conscious effort to clean up their language to continue to thrive to represent themselves and this forum with integrity and in the best possible way.
    I had written that a long time ago. If anything, I now use POC (i.e., piece of crap) or POG (i.e., piece of garbage).

I cannot believe how long it's taking for this project to move forward. I wonder if Kalimian Realty has money to move forward since it's doing nothing with this project or with the Red Cross site.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

They've started to tear down the old Red Cross bldg

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    They've started to tear down the old Red Cross bldg
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. I hope that Portzamparc's tower is constructed. The opera is not essential to that structure.

This is one frustrating project.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast