Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 325 Fifth Avenue - New 40 Story Condo - by Stephen B. Jacobs Group

Banned Member

That's hot. I don't understand why there isn't a bigger initiative to build apartment terraces on Manhattan buildings. Is that a code issue? Do we fear the outdoors?

It says it's 50 floors on the site. 325 5th av sounds close to the ESB which is 350 5th.

I LOVE it's design, is it already UC?

The balconies look like open drawers sticking out.... wrong for 5th Ave, right for 3rd.

5th, Park, Riverside, West End... the traditional classy residential and business avenues look best with out such balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    Thanks.... Here are some renderings....

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbster
    I like the penthouse at the top

The first 2 floors do look nicely integrated with the street, but from there on up, it looks almost as bad as the balconied piece of junk across from the Flat Iron building. Totally wrong for the area.

Forum Veteran

I think it looks excellent. All glass, nice angles, and the terraces are integrated quite nicely. People love terraces and if it can be included in a project and look like it belongs, I'm all for it.

I too dig the penthouse...count me in!

...oh what....you're telling me I have to pay for it...well okay sure...wait, how much!?!?...umm....maybe not right now.

Just found out sales center opens up next week....Understand that the demand is absolutely fantastic...

How inappropriate and unelegant for Fifth Avenue. It will be no different from hundreds of beach condos around the world.

Empire State Gets High-Rise Neighbor

http://newyork.construction.com/news...ng/default.asp

Diagonally across from the Empire State Building, one of Manhattan's largest residential projects is underway on Fifth Avenue between 32nd and 33rd streets. Levine Builders of Douglaston in Queens has begun foundation work on 325 Fifth Avenue, a $95.5 million, 41-story tower.

Designed by Stephen B. Jacobs Group of Manhattan, the 390,000-sq.-ft., cast-in-place concrete building will have 250 apartments, 6,000 sq. ft. of retail space, and an underground parking garage. Completion is scheduled for late 2006, said Jeffrey Levine, president of Levine Builders. The project developer is a joint venture between a Levine affiliate, Douglaston Development, and New Jersey-based Continental Properties.

Levine has two other large Manhattan residential projects in progress, both designed by Jacobs Group. A $120 million, 320,000-sq.-ft. project at 555 West 23rd St., with 337 rental units, is scheduled for completion by mid-year. And a 54,000-sq.-ft., $13.3 million complex at 244 East 25th St. has topped out and is on track to open with 54 units in the third quarter of this year, Levine said.

Notice that the other modern residential buildings on 5th like the Olympic Tower and the Graves apartment building thoughtfully avoided protruding balconies.

Do we really want to see peoples stuff on balconies hanging over 5th avenue? And right next to the majestic Empire State building?

This thing makes the Trump Tower look absolutely "old money" dignified.

^ you are right !!!

this building would look better in Miami than manhattan.....

Last edited by NYCTowers; May 1st, 2005 at 04:17 PM.

The Dude Abides

I don't know about you guys, but I appreciate this building for what it is - a change from the dreadfully boring brick and glass box towers that we see from people like Costas Kondylis. I think the color of the glass is great and will bring some excitement to that part of 5th Avenue, which, besides for the ESB, has a lot of run-down buildings. And about those "protruding balconies" as some people refer to them: most of them are not protruding! They blend in with the facade of the building so that they don't stick out. And you know the building is gonna be occupied almost completely by millionaires, so I don't expect that we'll be seeing old towels and laundry hanging out on the rails.

^

old towels and laundry !!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast