Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 325 Fifth Avenue - New 40 Story Condo - by Stephen B. Jacobs Group

I'm sure building residents will have their things dry cleaned

I too like this building. I must say I'm getting tired of the dark glass buildings that have sprouted up around Manhattan, the latest of which, the Milan, I find to be quite unattractive. Unfortunately I have a view of it. I think the blue glass look is quite attractive and uplifting and should bring some much needed color to this stretch of Fifth Avenue.

I past by the site today, I noticed that there are two small three story buildings on each corner on 5th so I guess the building developers know those buildings don't have the zoning rights to building higher because if they did they would totally block the views of building residents.

On second thought this building probably bought their air rights from the surrounding ones.

Of course you won't find laundry LOL but the point is: the balcony is private property on the side of the building for tenants to use as they please.... on the luxe residential boulevards of the city you largely don't see this kind of down-market look.

And yes this stretch of 5th avenue is "boring". As architecturally boring and staid as other "boring" avenues like Park above 59th, or West End Avenue, or Riverside Drive. "Boring" with their uniformity of material, proportion and classical elements.

Yep, let's but up some tacky looking beach-style condos and dumb the whole thing down.

Like i said earlier, prices were released April 10-12 with the plan. They are on 2nd ammendment now. Sales center opened Monday. Prices started at about 700 for the small 1beds on the low floors - hope this helps and good luck.

Banned Member

This is a thread about the 325 building in a forum called "New York Skyscrapers and Architecture", not "Blatant Attempts By Brokers to Hype Buildings and Increase Sales". Seems this site ought to start charging advertising rates for posts like the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    This is a thread about the 325 building in a forum called "New York Skyscrapers and Architecture", not "Blatant Attempts By Brokers to Hype Buildings and Increase Sales". Seems this site ought to start charging advertising rates for posts like the previous one.
    I have a bad feeling this thread is going to mirror the Orion thread pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    with all due respect, I am not sure i understand where the "hype" is -- most of the comments thus far appear to be general opinions of the building's appearance with respect to its location....there are some interspersed comments about people who are interested in the building and are asking questions about it's price and the process...and I don't see any harm in that given that Wired is known as an excellent source of information and discussion on NY real estate....Just my 2 cents...

Default balcony: a problem

For me, the balcony kills the building. I have never liked any building with so many balconies. I ditto the old towels and laundry sentiment.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsgardinier
    with all due respect, I am not sure i understand where the "hype" is -- most of the comments thus far appear to be general opinions of the building's appearance with respect to its location....there are some interspersed comments about people who are interested in the building and are asking questions about it's price and the process...and I don't see any harm in that given that Wired is known as an excellent source of information and discussion on NY real estate....Just my 2 cents...
    Check with a moderator or the site administrator, Edward. This thread is in the SKYSCRAPER & ARCHITECTURE forum, NOT the REAL ESTATE forum. Unit specs, pricing and investor info (real or hype) do not belong in a thread discussing construction and design.

See FORUM ISSUES.

Cheers.

Default 325 5th Avenue

Did anyone happen to see who is going to be glazing the building or manufacturing the windows? Thanks.

The Dude Abides

Walked by the site today. It was very busy, and looks as if it will rise quickly.

Am I right in assuming the tan building on the northwest corner of the site will remain as it is? If that's the case, what is being built behind that building? Will it be an extension of the tower that will give it an L-shape (highly unlikely) or some sort of plaza and alternate entrance off of 33rd street?

Also, we need to change the name of the thread. It's 50 stories, not 40.

I know the sign at the site says 50 stories, but on the rendering I count 42. Maybe it's another TWT "90 story" or TWC "75 story" tower.

Behind that little ugly brown building where all the homeless people and tourists hang around, which will remain, will be a parking garage entrance as well as a small public green plaza area. That should give the bums a little more space to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    Behind that little ugly brown building where all the homeless people and tourists hang around, which will remain, will be a parking garage entrance as well as a small public green plaza area. That should give the bums a little more space to relax.
    Not be overly sensitive but that's a little offensive to homeless people. If you reach out to the homeless in which case they are not insane you'll find that alot of them are good hearted people who have just hit hard times. In most cases I would rather hold a conversation with the people sleeping in the plaza than those sleeping 50 floors above.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    By "bums", do you mean the tourists or the homeless?

The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117
    I know the sign at the site says 50 stories, but on the rendering I count 42. Maybe it's another TWT "90 story" or TWC "75 story" tower.
    My mistake. Officially it is planned to be 41 stories.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast