Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Ranks

Default Member Ranks

I have activated the member rank feature on this board. Forum members with over 200 posts will get "Senior Member" line under the name. Moderators will be identified as "Moderators", and I will be "Site Admin".

Is there a need for any more ranks? Please comment.

It can be nice if you can set the forum to show stars accroding to the number of posts 8) . For example, if you have 200 posts you'll have 2 stars, over 300 you get 3 and so on... I saw it in another forum like this one. I think that the rank idea is quite nice

Just a test, i want to see if my rank appears.

Yay, it appears! I'm a senior member! BTW, YYY, i think this forum used to have that star ranking or something similar, but then they got rid of all rankings, and now this system is in place. I seriously doubt ull see the star system again.

Yay, it appears! I'm a senior member! Surprised Very Happy BTW, YYY, i think this forum used to have that star ranking or something similar, but then they got rid of all rankings, and now this system is in place. I seriously doubt ull see the star system again.
    Naw man, not here.

I think there should be some sort of (further) acknowledgment for members belonging to the 1000 post club who are not mods. Adjectives of high-ranking, important, significant, distinguished, or even VIP member status are all appropriate.

It would create an incentive for contributing to the forum.

Forum Veteran

It might also create a spam problem. I once belonged to a board with a significant ranking system, and the desire to be more "senior" and have more "authority" led to thousands of almost worthless posts written by hundreds of members simply for the purpose of adding to their count.

I'm not saying it's going to happen here though, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    It might also create a spam problem. I once belonged to a board with a significant ranking system, and the desire to be more "senior" and have more "authority" led to thousands of almost worthless posts written by hundreds of members simply for the purpose of adding to their count.

I'm not saying it's going to happen here though, who knows?
    Thats what I was thinking about, but I didnt want to say anything. :lol:

Damn, I will never be a senior member.

I am also belong to another forum like this one - see here:http://www.desktopsidebar.com\forums. They have a ranking system and sometimes they give special ranking for members who help or with a high number of posts. For example, my rank there is Star They also have stars according to the number of posts. The more posts - the more stars. It is sad to know that they will probably won't use it again in here In the forum above, we never had any spamming problem, AFAIK, and all members were OK

If there are ever any spamming problems that member has been and will in the future be banned.

Banned Member

I think sites with "competitions" between members to raise rankings are generally overrun with kids and teens. I never really thought about a posting "level". It would seem that if a posting level of "Senior Member" is assigned at a certain level, then a posting level of "Junior Member" and, possibly, "New Member" would be called for.

I do give the number of posts one has contributed consideration when responding. I have alse seen moderators and other forum members refer to the number of postings by a member to add weight to their opinions or to nudge new posters into line with TOS.

I did notice the levels and was, frankly, surprised that I would be a "Senior Level" poster. I don't post very often, but I post when I feel strongly about a subject or have some information I think the forum might benefit from. It's your site and, as long as the posts remain of the high quality I have experienced, I can't argue with anything you have done in creating it or where you want to take it. It's the one site I visit daily and feel particularly protective over when new folks post with a tone uncharacteristic to the membership. Cheers to you.

When most of the members agree to keep the forum as a nice place there shouldn't be anything bad with the ranking. It is a good way to encourage members to contribute.

Exactly. The rules havent changed, if you spam, for whatever the reason, you will be banned swiftly.

Oh this is cool Edward! I want to check it out! 8)

Default Rep Power: 0

What is 'Rep Power'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast