View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New York City Restaurants

i just recently moved to new york for college and i'm on a really tight budget... does anyone know some good, inexpensive italian or chinese restaurants in greenwich village... specifically around 6th ave and 8th st?

Post restaurant at macys herald square

How many restaurants are at that famous store?

Midnight Rambler, there are some really great, cheap Italian places in the East Village. Creme Caffe on 2nd Avenue comes to mind.

any suggestions on places within walking distance to the new yorker hotel?

I've got a trip to NYC a week Thursday for my girlfriends 30th and we're staying at the Wellington at 42nd.I'd love to know where I can I can go with her for an evening meal on her birthday,which is a Monday.Mid price range is the best for me but any suggestions would be good.Many thanks

Forum Veteran

nyc10: Macy's has a couple of eating places, particularly the Cellar Bar & Grill and the Cucina & Co. cafeteria, both of which are quite good.

kmistic: The New Yorker has three restaurants: La Vigna (Northern Italian), the Tick Tock Diner (24-hour diner), and the Café New Yorker (breakfast, lunch, espresso bar). There's a wealth of good, popular but moderately-priced restaurants along Ninth Avenue, one block to the west.

red screw: Best thing about the Wellington is location, location, location. There are two restaurants in-building that have gotten good reviews. The Wellington is partially refurbished, so you might get stuck with an unrenovated guest room; but the staff is for the most part reliable.

Sounds Great! We are celebrating our marriage so we want to have a nice meal. Perhaps i should have mentioned that in the first post. anyway, any suggestions on 9th ave. Btw, itialian food is our favorite, but we would like to leave the hotel.

Forum Veteran

Pietrasanta, Ninth Avenue and 47th Street, is very good. Not too pricey, especially for the Theater District. It's definitely crowded before showtime, so try and get reservations.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmistic
    any suggestions on places within walking distance to the new yorker hotel?
    Hmmm - In my opinion, that's not a great location. There's a good steakhouse right across the street on 33rd at the base of Madison Square Garden. Niles used to be pretty good on 7th Ave at 30th Street. Keans Chophouse on 36th & 6th (a great 19th century Steakhouse - expensive). For burgers & beer, Mustang Sally's on 7th and 30th As well. You can walk down 8th Ave below 23rd Street and find lots of excellent places in Chelsea. Or, head up to Ninth Ave above 42nd Street for a nice selection of restaurants. Both 8th Ave in Chelsea & 9th Avew above 42nd offer a huge selection of restaurants in all prices ranges and cuisines. Also, Korea Town is on 32nd Street between Broadway & 5th for great Asian food & sushi.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRambler
    i just recently moved to new york for college and i'm on a really tight budget... does anyone know some good, inexpensive italian or chinese restaurants in greenwich village... specifically around 6th ave and 8th st?
    There's a little Italian place called Piadina on West 10th Street off of Sixth Ave (east side of Sixth). Wonderful food & wonderful ambiance. The owner is prone to pour free wine too!

Good chinese - you can try Sammy's Noodles on 10th Street & Sixth Ave (west side of Sixth). Not too expensive.

If these are still too expensive, let us know and we redirect you.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by red screw
    I've got a trip to NYC a week Thursday for my girlfriends 30th and we're staying at the Wellington at 42nd.I'd love to know where I can I can go with her for an evening meal on her birthday,which is a Monday.Mid price range is the best for me but any suggestions would be good.Many thanks
    Any particular kind of food?

the menu at Pietrasanta looks great! thanks

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmistic
    Sounds Great! We are celebrating our marriage so we want to have a nice meal. Perhaps i should have mentioned that in the first post. anyway, any suggestions on 9th ave. Btw, itialian food is our favorite, but we would like to leave the hotel.
    I could recommend Cara Mia. I went there went it first opened and it was GREAT. Reasonably priced. It's on the east side of Ninth Ave up by 48th (I'm pretty sure). It has a red awning. Make reservations if you go.

hmm, that looks good too. Thanks BrooklynRider.

There's a restaurant on the upper west side caleld Fred's I think. It's named after a guide dog - they have great steaks.

Also McAleers is a great Pub / restaurant, had many a great meal in there last time I was over in NYC.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast