View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New York City Restaurants

I was just kidding about the Hare Krishnas.

You're really selling yourself short by eating at a buffet, as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of great, cheap restaurants.

What is the best Chinese buffet?

Thumbs up

Foley's Fish House, Swordfish Palermo, 7th Ave & 48th St
    excellent!

Thank you Michelle, next time I cross the border I'll come to that restaurant.

That's not a Chinese buffet, Gab. I think Michelle is just commenting on that restaurant.

I don't think I've ever heard of a Chinese buffet in the city.

There is one, and it's not bad - authentic even, I was the only non-Chinese person there when I went. But I can't give the exact address. It's down around Centre Street and Broome. If I pass by I'll get better info. Still, I prefer a good restaurant any day. New Green Bo on Bayard Street is quite good.

Default Roast Prime Rib of Beef

....and where ist the best roast prime of rib (au jus) being served in Manhattan????? Appreciate recommendations. Thks

Go to Lambardi's the best pizza on earth. Bummer is you have to buy the whole pie. But eating one slice. You might eat the whole thing.

Forum Veteran

NYC Restaurants that have given me food poisoning:

Sea Thai (in Williamsburg. 3 times in a row, shame on me)
    Pax
    Burger Heaven

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Default Serving buffalo...

BISON BAR-BISTRO

By STEVE CUOZZO
    http://www.nypost.com/realestate/comm/62577.htm

January 31, 2006 -- Realty Check

TED Turner lost his clout at Time Warner, but he's having revenge of a sort: he's opening a restaurant this fall in the Time & Life Building, home to magazines including Time and People.

The first New York branch of Ted's Montana Grill, a family-friendly national chain founded by Turner and George McKerrow Jr., will open on the tower's north side at 110 W. 51st St.

Alan Stein, leasing honcho for building owner the Rockefeller Group, emphasized that unlike some chains bearing a celebrity name, Ted's is really owned by Turner: "His name is on the lease."

Stein said the 6,000 square-foot space had been vacant for some time.

"We were looking for the right tenant," he said. Ted's Montana will be between bustling brasserie Cité and a new TV sports studio under construction on the avenue side.

Turner was repped by Lansco president Alan Victor, who said of the eatery chain, "There's a lot of bison on the menu. Ted owns the largest bison herd in the world."

Asked whether Turner might take satisfaction out of putting his name on the ground floor of a Time Warner flagship address, Victor said, "It was really the location that drove the deal, but maybe he also said, in your face, guys — I'm opening in your building."

Ted's Montana had "a lease out since 2004" at the vacant northwest corner of Sixth and 57th, Victor said, "but it ruptured because we couldn't get along with the landlord." That space remains vacant.

He said the asking rent at Time & Life was $110 a foot — far less than space fronting on the avenue itself — but declined to say what final terms were.

Default Local breakfast suggestions?

Will be staying near E 42nd and 2nd ave...and need suggestions for breakfast during the week. I figure we'll be on our way to Grand Central, so anything that's on the way would be a bonus.

Thanks!

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Default New restaurant: Hawaiian Tropic Zone

By Steve Cuozzo - New York Post

Now, about this Hawaiian Tropic Zone restaurant/lounge opening in September at 729 Seventh Ave. at 49th Street, where David Burke will serve as consulting chef:

It turns out the 16,000 square-foot, 290-seat jumbo, first reported on Page Six last winter, will be leased from a real estate holding company controlled by Dennis Riese.

Adam Hock, president of HT NYC, which is spending $11 million to build "The Hottest Place on Earth" on the former Houlihan's site, declined to discuss rent. But he estimated the value of the Riese-owned retail condominium at around $30 million.

Hock has tapped designer Jeffrey Beers to create the three-level space, meant to simulate the "lush, hot and colorful" tropics. A centerpiece will be an 18-by-13-foot video wall where constantly changing images will "reflect variations on the tropic theme."

Burke said, "It sounds theme-y, but it won't be like the Hard Rock. The average check will be $60-$80 - it won't be pineapple spare ribs."

Hock has a global licensing arrangement with sun-lotion giant Hawaiian Tropic. Beauty-pageant winners chosen by the lotion line will serve as "table concierges" to take orders in the restaurant.

http://www.nypost.com/realestate/comm/67818.htm

Red face Chelsea restaurant recommendations

Hi Guys
    Staying in Chelsea (around 9th Ave & West 20th)

Any recommendations for restaurants - fairly open minded about cuisines - american, chinese, italian, japanese or anything else, will to try most things - (except steamed jelly-fish) and might be tempted to give that a go if I'd drunk enough

Banned Member

Chelsea Grill for burgers!

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfazrh
    ....and where ist the best roast prime of rib (au jus) being served in Manhattan????? Appreciate recommendations. Thks
    I like Dylan Prime on Laight Street.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast