Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 281 5th ave (at 30th St)

Default 281 5th ave (at 30th St)

This junky little building is largely empty. Does anyone know if there are plans to redevelop it? I hope so, because it's an eyesore.

Supposedly, KRE Properties owns it. Does anyone know of development plans?

DNAinfo
    http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...ue-report-says

40-Story Condo Development Headed to Fifth Avenue, Report Says

By Mathew Katz on January 17, 2014 9:07am

MIDTOWN A huge new residential development could soon come to Midtown, according to a report.

Jon Kushner, a developer with the Kushner Real Estate Group, purchased three buildings at the corner of Fifth Avenue and West 30th Street in the hopes of building a high-end condo there, according to a report in Bisnow.

The condo at 281 Fifth Ave. would be 40 stories and about 135,000 square feet, Kushner said, according to the report.

KRE purchased the buildings in 2012, according to city records. At three floors, the building is easily among the smallest on the block and could be build much higher under current zoning.

The proposed condo would be designed by HWKN Architects, the report said. The spot is currently a shuttered deli.

Headquartered in New Jersey, KRE owns over 100 properties and has expanded in New York in recent years.

Kushner did not respond to a request for comment.

The Kushner Real Estate Group hopes to build a 40-story condo at this spot.
    DNAinfo/Mathew Katz

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Too bad. I like the taller white building.

I do too. I don't think that's included though. I think that the third building is on 30th St.

This could be great news if they construct a decent building.

DOF shows an Assignment for Leases and Rents that indicates that these are the three parcels involved on this Block 855:

Lot 84: 2 East 30th (A long and narrow lot with a 5-story apartment building to to the east of 281 Fifth; this lot extends south as far as the rear of 275 Fifth; neither 277 Fifth, the taller white building [Lot 87] or 275 Fifth, the red brick building seen at the far right in the photo [Lot 88] are included in this development)

Lot 85: 281 Fifth (the lot with the 3-story structure at the SE corner of Fifth & E 30th)

Lot 86: 279 Fifth (the lot with the 5-story structure just to the south of 281)

Thanks, Derek. Hopefully, they won't acquire the white building with the bay windows.

I also hope that something decent is built here and not some POS like the Dylan rental or the blue POS across from the ESB.

Default 25 Jan 2014

That little piece of junk on the corner can't come down soon enough, together with the adjacent building on 30th that was stripped of its ornamentation.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Poor little streamlined building doesn't get any love!

This site cannot be redeveloped soon enough. That corner is filthy and blighted.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

One of the few times I agree with you. That is a very depressing corner on Fifth Ave and it needn't be.

Default 22 June 2014

This filthy corner cannot be redeveloped soon enough. Hopefully, something nice will rise there. This area has the potential to be beautiful.

New York Yimby rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast