Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1701

Thread: One 57 - 157 West 57th Street - 1003 feet - by Christian de Portzamparc

Default March 5, 2012 Price List

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page0001.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	16097
    I have originals in pdf form, as well as more price lists, floor plans, and full sales brochure. Which are very large and clear.. if anyone knows how to make it post in original quality and size.

It's also available on my flickr, Private_jm, in jpg form.

Yes, as I thought - a landmarked (or as we call them here in the UK 'listed') bulding would be required to use original materials. The photo was taken from the 25th floor of the Beacon hotel on Broadway - room 2512 to be precise. It's a corner room - here's a view from the other window, looking over Amsterdam Ave towards Central Park...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinp...n/photostream/

August 6th, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jon MacIntosh View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page0001.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	16097
    if anyone knows how to make it post in original quality and size.
    No need to post that material on this tread: the format sizes are probably too large anyway. If someone wants to get the floor plans, graphics or brochure they can go to the website or send a request to you by way of PM. Please do not post any more of that type of promotional material on this thread: thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
    That photo is from just above 72nd Street on the Upper West.

Here's Gotham City in all its glory.

http://www.newyorkyimby.com/2012/08/...my-sunday.html

Attachment 16087
    Nice silhouette shot, unfortunately the wide TWC flatop looks very antigothic in that picture. All the other tall ones do "represent:" though.

Either the photo isn't from 72nd street or it has been mirrored.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo-ny View Post
    Either the photo isn't from 72nd street or it has been mirrored.
    If you're referring to my photo, the big one at the top of the previous page, as mentioned just above by TREPYE, then he (?) is quite correct. It was taken from the 25th floor of the Beacon Hotel looking downtown. At the lower right, you can clearly see the twin buildings of the subway station at Verdi Sq, bisected by 72nd St. I don't know what you mean by 'mirrored'. The only manipulation was a little white-balancing and exposure tweaking in PS to bring out the clouds. I'd be interested to know where you think it was taken from, and why you think it's been 'mirrored'...?

The one quoted above me by Trepye, if I had to guess, was taken in Hell's Kitchen. The position of Time Warner to Hearst giving that away. I am also sure that the second tallest building from the right edge is AXA's building near Times Square. There is no way to get that picture of Time Warner centre, AXA and Hearst from that part of town. Although to be honest, it is extremely hard to see anything for sure in that picture other than Time Warner and Hearst.

One57 is continuing to rise and redefine the skyline of Midtown. In the foreground is one of many mounds of Manhattan schist bedrock that pop up throughout Central Park. It is this bedrock that gives a solid footing for skyscrapers in Midtown, with most building foundations reaching solid rock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentralParkOne57_DSCN1163.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	16102  

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo-ny View Post
    The one quoted above me by Trepye, if I had to guess, was taken in Hell's Kitchen. The position of Time Warner to Hearst giving that away. I am also sure that the second tallest building from the right edge is AXA's building near Times Square. There is no way to get that picture of Time Warner centre, AXA and Hearst from that part of town. Although to be honest, it is extremely hard to see anything for sure in that picture other than Time Warner and Hearst.
    The sentence "That photo is from just above 72nd Street on the Upper West" refers to my photo at the top of page 81, not the photo that Trepye posted a link to.

Ok, that makes much more sense! My mistake.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

bill, very nice photo -

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattron/7747064772/sizes/h/in/pool-63919873@N00/]mattron]/url]

What's the current height estimated to be? It seems to be getting very close to topping out. 6 or 7 floors?