Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky House - 11 East 29th Street - Condo - Flatiron - by FX Fowle

i believe the building houses some of CSFB's offices.

I just purchased a 1 bedroom in the Sky House. Right when we were about to sign the contract, they told us that there were no more 1 bedrooms on the B line and if we didn't go through with it, they were going to put ours back on the market and raise the price. At first I didn't believe them, but then I had a colleague call the sales office and pretend to be an interested buyer. They told him the same thing - no more 1 bedrooms on the B line. In fact, only one more 1 bedroom in the entire building.

Quote Originally Posted by guin View Post
    I just purchased a 1 bedroom in the Sky House. Right when we were about to sign the contract, they told us that there were no more 1 bedrooms on the B line and if we didn't go through with it, they were going to put ours back on the market and raise the price. At first I didn't believe them, but then I had a colleague call the sales office and pretend to be an interested buyer. They told him the same thing - no more 1 bedrooms on the B line. In fact, only one more 1 bedroom in the entire building.

May be that they meant only one 1BR left in what has been released to date. Could be that as soon as they sell this particular unit, they will amend the offering plan to raise prices and release more units for sale. So...you are getting the last 1BR at this price which is a good thing as your unit will be worth more

When I was purchasing my apt, they "released" any B-line apartment that I wanted, so they are not holding back apartments until the price increase. I am curious as to what they raised the prices to - do you know?

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

Really??

I have a list from eight days ago with six one-bedrooms on it. (I am a buyer's broker in this transaction, not a seller's broker).

Have five of them gone that quickly?

My prices run from $1075 a square foot to $1300 per.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

I don't know what they raised prices to, but I'm sure it isn't so difficult to find out, just have to get ahold of the new availabilities list. Montecarlo, were you able to negotiate any of the costs/fees or terms of your contract?

Smile The little church/condo around the corner.

I have to say this is one of my favorite new Architectural additions to NYC. From a recent visit to the site it appears to me that the interior finishes and care/quality of construction is exceptional - far better than what I have seen at the orion/lumier/link and other new luxury condos.

I am planning to go photo this project tommorrow afternoon: I will post them here asap.

This will be (for me) another great project to follow.

thought you guys would be interested in a recent picture. from 2 days ago. everytime i walk past this always amazed at speed of building.
    also, fyi looks like the bricks are done for 1/2 the bldg. looks like not boring red bricks, but more interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03213.JPG 
Views:	323 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	3694  

Thanks for the update. Looks like about 18-19 floors to go.

You like the bricks? When I walked by the other day I thought they looked a little washed out, but I am not sure if they are supposed to darken over time to better match the bricks on the church.

With about 20 stories to go, do you think Sky House has a chance of actually being finished on time (ca. November 2007).

Just got revised price list from Sky House. 1 bedrooms previously started at 800,000 - now up to 874,000 and 5-10,000 per floor after that.

i got the amendment yesterday too. they seemed to have made changes primarily to the 1 bedrooms and moreso on the lower floors than the higher floors. When we called 2 weeks ago we were told that all the 1 bedrooms had sold out. What was the purpose of increasing the amount on the offering plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Front_Porch View Post
    Really??

I have a list from eight days ago with six one-bedrooms on it. (I am a buyer's broker in this transaction, not a seller's broker).

Have five of them gone that quickly?

My prices run from $1075 a square foot to $1300 per.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}
    Would you be willing to help. I'm interested in buying a 1 bed however whenever I call the sales office they say there are none left. Does the developer insist their sales staff to play these games. If you're willing to discuss offline I would be interested in you representing me.

Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

This is what I hate about new condos . . . all you want to do is spend a million bucks of your hard-earned money, and they give you attitude.

I PM'd you. I'll call Sarah tomorrow and see what's up.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}
    Last edited by Front_Porch; March 8th, 2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Lack of caffeine impeding the thought process

Default Sky House Pricing - Getting Greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Sky House is going up ...

First is the back end on West 30th, then 3 shots from the front along West 29th ...

I have to admit Skyhouse is an unique and good building. However, the sales tactics employed by their staff is atrocious. They have been re-pricing units indiscriminately. They have a right to do this however when you call and they say the unit is sold or sold to a the developer's friend/family left me a little suspicious. What do you know a few days later the so called sold apartments become available with a significant bump in price. They will try and convince you all the units will be gone unless you purchase it immediately. Just be weary of their motives and be informed before you literally buy into their lies. For those of you who bought early you were the fortunate ones who didn't have to deal with sales staff misrepresenting facts.
    Last edited by sberg25; March 10th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast