Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Housing projects / government subsidized housing

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Maybe that's how it looks from Texas.

I hear y'all have some troubles down that way. Sorry about that. Time for y'all to get to work: Focus on all those problems close to home.
    What are you 5 years old? 8 people died and you write this trash, I guess the stereotype about the nasty new yorker is true in some cases. Well don't worry lofter1, here in Lubbock it didn't even rain much.

lofter1, are you telling me that I have no right to an opinion about New York and how development occurs there because unlike you I'm not from there?

You should read up more and not repeat BS that does not pertain to the reality.

You can always put me on your ignore list

I'll return the favor.

btw: Lubbock is dry? What's that, desert and rolling tumbleweeds? Fun town? Hows the mortage crisis down that way?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    You should read up more and not repeat BS that does not pertain to the reality.

You can always put me on your ignore list

I'll return the favor.

btw: Lubbock is dry? What's that, desert and rolling tumbleweeds? Fun town? Hows the mortage crisis down that way?
    I don't think lubbock is fun and it is dry with tumbleweeds blowing around at certain times of the year. We also get some nasty sand storms. I don't think the mortage crisis is affecting this area as much as others because construction hasn't slown down. You can get a nice 2 bedroom, 2 and a half bath townhouse in downtown here for $140,000.

I don't see any point in putting someone on ignore; life would be boring without an argument now and then.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

alien, you should know, we do not encourage fighting here at Wired NY.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McEveety View Post
    True, Manhattan does need unskilled workers. However, to fill that void it should look to young people who have not acquired skills yet. I am from Orange County and we do not have many older unskilled workers to work in restaurants, grocery stores, ect. So these occupations are taken by us kids who can not do anything else and could just use a few bucks.
    Now, if we had huge projects in my town to house unskilled labor then the kids in this town probable wouldn’t want to work in the restaurants and grocery stores, because then we would be working with a bunch of old people who cant even speak English. How degrading.
    Even if Manhattan was all rich people there is still plenty of unskilled labor among the masses. And remember your current system of government housing only really boxes out the middle class, the most essential component of the population from and economic standpoint….
    Get rid of government subsidized housing.
    "working with a bunch of old people who can't even speak English"

As you said BRANDON, you're from Orange County, so your small minded self entitled attitude comes naturally to you. You're quite the geniune little snot nosed fascist aren't you?

You excavated a post from 5 YEARS AGO -- and from a poster who never even reached his tenth entry.

Maybe those late shifts at Mickey D's are taking up all his time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123