Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 184

Thread: Pedicabs

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milleniumcab View Post
    What can I say!....
    You can say: "Live and let live."

  2. #92

    Default

    I am usually first to say " live and let live "..... In this case I will reserve that for someoneelse......

  3. #93

    Default

    It will all be clear, when they sue your and my ass for allowing these "nonsense" transportation option, one day in the future. And trust me , it will happen...We'll chat more when that happens, not before.... Norman Siegel, hiiihhh and I thought he was someone with a lot more common sense than he is showing here.. Boy, was I wrong............

  4. #94

    Default

    If the City is going to force us to sift through and sort our trash every day, in order to save the environment, then the City Council Members should be expected to contribute to the cause as well, by foregoing their bribes here from the taxi industry to kill off a green competitor.

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    ...the City Council Members should be expected to contribute to the cause as well, by foregoing their bribes here from the taxi industry...
    Just this once.

  6. #96

    Default

    As for the environment, it is useless to add green anything without taking away non-green something....May I suggest to those EFPs taking all taxis away and replacing them with electric motor pedicabs...
    Last edited by milleniumcab; April 1st, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

  7. #97

    Default

    Not necessarily. The City's population is booming. The tourist population is booming. If some of the growth can be diverted to pedicabs, that is a good thing for all of us. Frankly, there is enough ridership to go around.

  8. #98

    Default

    Pedicabs look awesome but not something I'd take. I'd just rather take a cab.

    I go to NBA-Magic games...and they are always out there in front of the arena after the game, willing to take you to your car. I've been tempted to take one -- but it's just not something that interests me.

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milleniumcab View Post
    .....I might be upset by City trying to regulate thus legitimize this non-sense, called pedi cabs...But for anyone to call us greedy and dangerous is way out of line...

    .....The Daily News recently had an article about the SAFEST DRIVERS in NYC.. guess who they were... Yellow Cab Drivers.. not just any professional driver... YELLOW CAB DRIVERS....What made them safer than your... limo, livery, truck, city bus, any bus or your average driver who comes into the city.. I don't know ... why don't you check your Taxi & Limousine Commission web site or the archives of the Daily News...Study done by BRUCE SCHALLER.. a well respected individual by NYC and the transportation industry....

    ....Clean energy?????....If all the yellow cabs were Hybrid ( soon will be), would you have even mentioned the pollution issue..we don't pollute as much as the rest of the traffic monsters do..trucks?..SUV's?..super SUV's?.

    .....And I never mentioned of any danger posed by the pedi cabs to pedestrians, they pose danger to themselves and their own passengers by the way they choose to drive, in and out of traffic...

    Before you claim your unfounded statements in this forum, consider this..
    You seem to have this negative (a very negative) opinion for the cab drivers and I don't know whether I can change that or not...But, personally my dear...... I don't give a damn.....


    Pedi-cabs do not have any emissions, they are people-powered. Cars, hybrid or not still put out co2 and such. On a july night summer 2006 my ex and i went from the apple store on 5th to times square. It was a really beautiful night, and i can tell you right now, as a regular visitor, and soon-to-be citizen of NYC, that i regularly use the subway, i've used the busses, taxi's and even the LIRR. I can say that out of all of these, after a romantic night out, the pedicab is the way to go. I don't think the use of horses in an urban area like NYC is far to the animals, and it dirties the streets. I believe a cab is for point a to point b transportation in a hurry, pedicab is for relaxing time taking in the ambiance of the city as you get where you want to go. Finally, as a biker myself, i see no better way of fighting the obesity epidemic in this country than becoming a pedi-cab operator. In fact, i may become a pedi-cb operator myself if i feel so inclined. As a veteran biker, i can say that these cabs need 2 things, and 2 things only. Inspections, and good headlights.

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yonkers/ Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    You can say: "Live and let live."
    Do you know where this phrase is from?

  11. #101

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCcouple View Post
    Pedi-cabs do not have any emissions, they are people-powered. Cars, hybrid or not still put out co2 and such. On a july night summer 2006 my ex and i went from the apple store on 5th to times square. It was a really beautiful night, and i can tell you right now, as a regular visitor, and soon-to-be citizen of NYC, that i regularly use the subway, i've used the busses, taxi's and even the LIRR. I can say that out of all of these, after a romantic night out, the pedicab is the way to go. I don't think the use of horses in an urban area like NYC is far to the animals, and it dirties the streets. I believe a cab is for point a to point b transportation in a hurry, pedicab is for relaxing time taking in the ambiance of the city as you get where you want to go. Finally, as a biker myself, i see no better way of fighting the obesity epidemic in this country than becoming a pedi-cab operator. In fact, i may become a pedi-cb operator myself if i feel so inclined. As a veteran biker, i can say that these cabs need 2 things, and 2 things only. Inspections, and good headlights.
    Welcome to WNYF!.. Your post does not answer any of my comments yet you chose to quote me instead of just posting it... It seems like a commercial to promote pedicabs, even go as far as saying that you might drive one in the future.. Are you sure you are not already driving one?...

  12. #102
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,749

    Default

    Actually MC, he is here to get yellowcabs outlawed in the city and ruin your life.

    C'mon man! Lighten up!

  13. #103

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    Actually MC, he is here to get yellowcabs outlawed in the city and ruin your life.

    C'mon man! Lighten up!

    I take Yellowcabs all the time, and when i'm out on LI i use Four Seasons. If i lived in or near the city now i'd probably use my own electric bike. In fact that may be the next step, electric/pedal hybrid pedi-cabs, with ABS and better suspension etc. Who knows. All i know, is that more transportation options = more fun for NY'ers and touristas alike. It's like saying NJ transit should be shut down/limited because they take fares away from amtrak.

  14. #104
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,749

    Default

    NYCc...


    They were talking about that, but the electrical assist engine has been argued against because it woudl change the definition of the vehicle to a "motor vehicle".

    While I agree that so long as everything was self contained (Battery charge coming from braking/peddling and not a full electric powered vehicle) it would be welcome, I can also see that if they are going to start running electric scooters around the city that they fall into a different category than bicycles.....

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    NYCc...


    They were talking about that, but the electrical assist engine has been argued against because it woudl change the definition of the vehicle to a "motor vehicle".

    While I agree that so long as everything was self contained (Battery charge coming from braking/peddling and not a full electric powered vehicle) it would be welcome, I can also see that if they are going to start running electric scooters around the city that they fall into a different category than bicycles.....

    It's the wattage and speed that determine the classification. I believe it is under 600 watts, and under 12 mph top speed. Electric bicycles like mine are different from what the pedicabs would use, because mine is focused on one rider/2 wheels. Just like under 50cc you don't need a motorcycle license (as far as i know, NY law could be different). They don't have a motor per-se, but they have a "boost" on the range and speed. There are also many types of electric assist techniques, some of which lay well outside the "motor vehicle" classification. I wish i knew more about NY laws of these classifications, but as far as i know there are still plenty of economical loopholes for electrification of the pedicab fleet.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Agressive Pedicabs Bear Down on Central Park
    By MidtownGuy in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software