ANOTHER NAME: "Palm Tower"
    PLACE: The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
    HEIGHT: 750 metres, 2,461 FT
    FLOORS: 120
    TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION: High-rise building
    START CONSTRUCTION: 2005
    EXPECTED COMPLETION: 2008

FACTS:
    - The Pinnacle Tower will rise out of a lagoon in the central canal of Palm Island.
    - The building is a cluster of three towers around a hollow circular interior with the towers joined at six sky-bridges that function as express elevator sky-lobbies.
    - Above each sky-bridge garden is a tall atrium open to the sky on three sides.
    - One of the three towers is shorter, allowing for a large swimming pool on the roof terrace, overlooked by a circular glass penthouse.

Look at the new masterplan for the Palm Jumeirah. The central feature on the trunk has changed to a skyscraper. Keep in mind that the Trunk is about 3km long the tower looks like it will be at least 700meters!!!!

The Nakheel Corporation has retained Pei Partnership Architects to design a luxury apartment tower in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is to be the focal point of one of the world's largest man-made islands, The Jumeirah Palm, located offshore from Jumeirah Beach. The Palm Tower rises out of a lagoon in the central canal of Palm Island. The building is a cluster of three towers around a hollow circular interior. The towers are joined at six sky-bridges that function as express elevator sky-lobbies. Above each sky-bridge garden is a tall atrium open to the breeze and sun on three sides. One of the three towers is shorter, allowing for a large swimming pool on the roof terrace, overlooked by a circular glass penthouse.

Another Information:
    -6,800,000 sq. ft. apartment house
    -724 luxury apartments, ranging from 3,000 sq ft. simplexes to over 6,000 sq; ft triplexes with indoor swimming pools
    -Includes a fine restaurant for residents providing full room service and catering
    -Includes a large health club and spa with outdoor pool, social clubs and a public observation deck
    -The pinnacle is built as 3 towers they come to each other with different bridges.

-Tower1: 750 metres, 2,461 FT
    -Tower2: 750 metres, 2,461 FT
    -Tower3: 700 metres

Architect:
    Pei Partnership Architects
    C.C. Pei, Partner-in-Charge
    John Powell, Project Manager
    http://www.ppa-ny.com/html/projects/...plamtower.html

here are some pictures:

Building Location:

First Construction pictures:
    there comes "the pinnacle"

an then you must see this one.... :arrow:

and then you have another building: the 850m Palm Jebel Ali (estimate)....

Exclamation

ow, shit,

the tower is cancalled.
    now they want build a tower with the same design as the pinnacle named 'al burj'

Forum Veteran

One of the required readings for Metropolitan Studies class this week is about the Palm projects in Dubai.

"Let's Build a Palm Island!: Playfulness in Complex Times."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Holland
    ow, shit,

the tower is cancalled.
    now they want build a tower with the same design as the pinnacle named 'al burj'
    Hello Jimbo.

Well its not been cancelled, its just been relocated and renamed. lol

It will now be located at Dubai Waterfront... Dubais latest mega project to get off the ground.

Visit the Dubai Waterfront website and see for yourself:
    http://thedubaiwaterfront.com

and dont 4get 2 check out the video for the project. The link is available on the site.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Face81; April 23rd, 2005 at 02:43 PM.

Ways to over build a city steps 1-10

I must say, Dubai is looking pretty damn hot in those pictures....hmmm

Default sorry folks,

Dubai is nothing but a city that is trying to be americanized, a lot of rich people there,showing off,not as half as real as cities like Hong Kong,chicago,and nothing compared to NYC,but in its own place dubai is a trying too atract bussiness as hong kong does,but hong kong is much more cultural and diverse than dubai

The Dude Abides

I agree that a great deal of this development seems too fictional and man-made, which I'm sure doesn't appeal to every rich person out there. I was looking through some of the residential construction plans, and they even have a section that is made to look like Venice. It's getting to the point where Dubai is just like one big theme park. But then again, I think they're doing the best possible thing for Dubai's future. They realize that one day, the oil will run out, and/or demand will shift to alternative energy sources. When that day comes, Dubai will rely on tourists and investors to fuel its economy. It's not so much different from Las Vegas, if you think about it. Although it didn't have oil, it has become a sprawling and thriving metropolis because of its appeal as a tourist and conference destination, and most recently, as a place to invest in the booming real estate market. I don't think Dubai's expectations are much more different.

I dont like it, hopefully it won't go up, the burj is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbster
    I must say, Dubai is looking pretty damn hot in those pictures....hmmm
    lol...... oh it does goet hot, trust me! Temps push 110F during the height of summer! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by PHLguy
    I dont like it, hopefully it won't go up, the burj is much better.
    I have to agree with you there, but it is going to be built.

Its not particularly good looking as it appears that it will stand alone at The Dubai Waterfront, but I will reserve my judgement till it is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman11686
    I agree that a great deal of this development seems too fictional and man-made, which I'm sure doesn't appeal to every rich person out there. I was looking through some of the residential construction plans, and they even have a section that is made to look like Venice. It's getting to the point where Dubai is just like one big theme park. But then again, I think they're doing the best possible thing for Dubai's future. They realize that one day, the oil will run out, and/or demand will shift to alternative energy sources. When that day comes, Dubai will rely on tourists and investors to fuel its economy. It's not so much different from Las Vegas, if you think about it. Although it didn't have oil, it has become a sprawling and thriving metropolis because of its appeal as a tourist and conference destination, and most recently, as a place to invest in the booming real estate market. I don't think Dubai's expectations are much more different.
    u r spot on there mate. Dubaí's oil reserves have been forecast to run out in about 20 years time and its a good thing that they have diversified the economy so much. Infact il contributes about 20% to Dubai's GDP, which cant be a bad thing.

and ur comment bout americanisation is absolutely true....

the # of american food chains that have outlets in Dubai is shocking...

everything from Chilly's, Applebee's and TGIF's, to Hardees, Baskin Robbins, KFC, Arby's BurgerKing, FuddRuckers, KFC, McDonalds and every coffee shop chain u can think of are at home in Dubai.

Hell, Dubai even has branches of Kinkos! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Face81
    I have to agree with you there, but it is going to be built.

Its not particularly good looking as it appears that it will stand alone at The Dubai Waterfront, but I will reserve my judgement till it is completed.

I heard on SSP it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLguy
    I heard on SSP it was cancelled.
    U r right mate. When it WAS located on one of the Palm Islands, it was going to be known as The Pinnacle. That idea has long since been cancelled.

The exact same bulding, with the same design and what have u, is now going to be located at The Dubai Waterfront. It is now called AL BURJ, which in aracic means, The Tower.

Watch the promo video on The Dubai Waterfront's website and you will see a segment on Al Burj:

http://thedubaiwaterfront.com

It will take time, but Al Burj might grow on me.

WOW!, in one of the slide show pics it looks like it's year 2050!

I like the Burj dubai and The AL burj is ok I guess but Dubai is spending sooo much money on these projects when the country of the UAE has less of a population than brooklyn NY, I mean one Burj Dubai, that's fine, but with all these new buildings, hundreds and hundreds it just can't have a good long term impact, I mean the oil will only last another 50 years before hydrogen power takes over and even the worlds fastest growing city isn't growing fast enough to have more space than NYC, because it will never grow that big in our lifetime, Dubai is building to much IMO, and this is coming from a guy who loves supertall skyscrapers, I'm just worried, It can't have good long term effects.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast