Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Bars and Clubs - NYC Nightlife

Default Nightlife in manhattan..??

Im coming to NYC in august and my location will be upper east side on manhattan.
    So for now i know that upper east side is elite part of manhattan (corect me if i wrong ) .
    I will like to know what are the best places in manhattan like discoteques an clubs to go and have good time , im not looking for expensive elite places , just normal modern places for young people to go and drink with 21 y with any problems.
    I f u have some links or know some of the great cool places i will be so thankfool...

If you're over 21 and under 65, you probably won't find too much interesting nightlife on the Upper East Side. The Meatpacking District would probably be a good bet.

What sort of music/scene are you into?

Where is that meatpacking district ?

Im ussualy into alternative scene i like the underground alternative clubs , and love allso hip-hop , rap , and that kind of stuff , but is not strange to me to go in some disco/clubs just for meet chicks

And im just turn on 21 y...

Head west towards the Hudson on 14th Street. When you get to 9th Avenue, you’re in the middle of it.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/roundup/40220

http://newyork.citysearch.com/roundu...nightlife.html

Just a heads up - Club Happy Valley sucks.

Meatpacking district is an interesting spectacle, but mostly a lot of trust fund posers and celebrity wannabes whose idea of a good time is rude doormen and overpriced bottle service, without much diversity (90% White,and they're all style clones of each other.)

Check out the Lower East Side, East Village, Williamsburg, etc. for more down-to-earth or even underground flavor, and real people whose idea of a good time isn't looking down their noses at someone whose wearing last season's Prada.

Check out the Lower East Side, East Village, Williamsburg, etc. for more down-to-earth or even underground flavor, and real people whose idea of a good time isn't looking down their noses at someone whose wearing last season's Prada.[/quote]

Yeah thats what i talking about , can u recomend some underground clubs to visit ?

Are you talking about clubs or bars? There's a big difference between the two.

All of the neighborhoods mentioned are great for bars, but clubs, not so much.

I like the bouth , but i love clubs the moust !!
    Bars and pubs are just for warming up hehe

Anyone got an opinion on whether it's worth seeing Les Paul on a Monday? It's about twice the cost of other nights but I suppose it could be worth it to see a legend. Is he still good?

Now I like to bash the Stripped-Button-Up-Shirts and Jeans guys as the next (99.9% of Meatpacking on Thur-Sat), but you can still find an amazingly diverse and exciting nightlife in the Meatpacking Sun-Thur(!!!!!!!!!!). Like all neighborhoods in Manhattan, the worst of Jersey invades killing the city on weekends. It can be quite a strugle during this time trying to find a group of people who do not own an SUV or came aboard a "Party Van". I recomened Mon-Thur in any neighborhood to find a colorful selection of the local scene. For instance, Cielo holds a Monday night party called Deep Space which draws partiers from all neighborhoods creating an interesting and unique atmospher with AMAZING music

Now this post may seem like a Bridge and Tunnel rant, but man oh man, are the stereotypes true. Those people just try way too damn hard while putting in zero effort (if that makes any sense). Of course there are exceptions.

So its better on working days from mon-thu to go see da klubs and night places then a weekend hehe thats like so strange to me , but i will see whats going on , on weekends when i come to NYC but defenetley i gonna check out clubs in meatpacking districs

I agree that nightlife is best Sunday-Wednesday. The out-of-towners take over Thursday-Saturday.

For instance, Cielo holds a Monday night party called Deep Space
    I've heard a lot about the Cielo party, I'll have to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownGuy
    I've heard a lot about the Cielo party, I'll have to check it out!

Is that Cielo a club or ??
    If it is is there a link behind

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast