Thread: Costa Rica?

Default Costa Rica?

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in late February. She's been for 8wks before so we have a pretty good idea of what the must sees and don't bothers are. I'd love to hear suggestions and recommendations from anyone who's been.

(Preliminary itinerary to follow shortly.)

Forum Veteran

From what I've heard, Costa Rica is one of the safest and most stable countries in this hemisphere. You won't have to worry so much about personal safety there as you might visiting Mexico or Puerto Rico. Outside of the major cities it's very rural, with a lot of dense rainforest.

¡Conozca a Costa Rica!

Loosely translated from my college Spanish textbook:

Official name: La República de Costa Rica
    Capital: San José
    Population: 3,896,092
    Currency: colón
    Official language: Guess...

Facts:
    Ecotourism is important to the economy of Costa Rica and for the preservation of the country's natural beauty. Ecotourism's purpose is to control the entrance of tourists in protected regions and, at the same time, obtain funds for the continuation of the protection of the natural regions. Approximately 30% of Costa Rica is covered with jungles or forests. In total, more than a quarter of the country's territory has been set aside for preservation.

Default Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonik
    My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in late February. She's been for 8wks before so we have a pretty good idea of what the must sees and don't bothers are. I'd love to hear suggestions and recommendations from anyone who's been.

(Preliminary itinerary to follow shortly.)
    Please post some scenic pictures of Costa Rica’s architecture and landscape when you come back.

Thumbs up

I'm leaving for San Jose tomorrow at 6:AM!

2 nights in Turrialba
    2 nights in Puerto Jimenez
    5 nights camping & hiking on the beach and in Corcovado National Park
    5 nights camping and luxuriating in Drake Bay

ADIOS WINTER, HOLA SUMMER!

Pictures to follow.

Default Costa Rican Travel is White Hot (pictures)

We stayed at mtpalmera.com for 2 days, then moved down to http://www.palmmgt.com estate call Costa Palmera. Their website is Costapalemra.com. What a vacation! This was the first time we traveled to the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, and all I can say is that we will be going back-- soon.

The surf does not compare to the caribe side-- it's 100 time better on the Pacific. My Pix-- from La Cruz for two days, then Playa Grande- Tamarindo in Guanacaste Costa Rica.

La Cruz, near the north boarder.

Costapalmera.com in Playa Grande down the shoreline, near Liberia International Airport... it was AWSOME!

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonik
    I'm leaving for San Jose tomorrow at 6:AM!
    How was your trip? I visited Costa Rica last September. Stayed at San Jose Marriott (Gorgeous Hotel) and Los Suenos Resort. Had a great time - visited Villa Lapas for skyway birdwatching, horseback riding / hiked / and plunge at Bajanal Falls, hiked / bridwatching at Carerra Biological Preserve, and hiked and snorkeled aty Manuel Antonio Park. Had a day in the surf at Playa Jaco.

One of my best vacations EVER.

Default Costa Rica!!

I've Never Visited this Central American Country and My Wife is Originally from There and Still has Family Down There Near The Capital of San Jose,I'm Hoping to Visit That Country Maybe Sometime Next Year(2006)!!