Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami

Never. Saw. That. Coming.

Default Fair deal

kznyc2k and Law & Order,

I always would like to hear any comments good, bad or indifferent.

I thought the apparent solicitation might raise some eyebrows. I honestly just wanted some input. The forum seems interesting and all the contributors seem well-informed. Advertising was the farthest from my mind. Just wanted to gain some fresh insight other than my own.

My interest is truly in documentation. Clients just happen to pay for the result. The skyline is changing by the minute and I like the challenge of capturing the beautiful side (if possible) of that transformation from the air. It is an interesting and challenging job most of the time.

For the record - I do not think any potential clients post here. If they do, great. Please check out the site. The log-off time of 10 minutes was unintentional.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Default Herald Article

I think the Herald article is great. There are lots of new buildings planned for Miami. It would be nice to see what is going to happen at the pedestrian level.

Jeff,

The photos are awesome! How did you get such nice night time photos at that altitude? I bet you needed long exposures. I've tried shooting from a helicopter and the pictures come out real blurry. Did you use a blimp?

Jeff,

I apologize for going on the offensive perhaps a little too agressively, but I think I can speak for all here that it's aggravating to see one- or two-posters come on to hawk something and vanish. I'm completely with you in personal interests, that being the love of capturing your city in all different lights/moods/angles. Getting paid for it is certainly a nice perk! Too bad I don't have access to the air. And again, the photos are really beautiful, hopefully one day I'll be up at that level (ha, that's a pun, I'm funny). Take care.

Phil

Default No worries Phil

I understand about the one-post-stands. Hopefully, I can contribute to the forum somehow. I will fill you in on any insider info I might be allowed to share whenever I can. Although most of the time, I think I am the last one in the loop.

I stumbled on this forum a couple of months ago. I have been "post"poning making any contributions of my own. But I thought this would be a great place to hear the needed feedback concerning the images and gain some information on possible upcoming projects.

Thanks for the compliment. Make sure you use the white scroll bar at the top to view the entire image. I am not convinced that it is obvious to do this but I like the minimal approach whenever possible.

We just shot views for 1 Broadway (formerly Park Place) this morning from balconies on the 31st and 36th floors. Great predawn and sunrise conditions after the storms last night. The new structure has 36 floors, 372 units. All rental. I hope the investors understand what they are getting into with a full lease building.

Default Spine 3D???

And Spine,
    Amazing rendering! You wouldn't happen to be related to Spine3D would you?

Default Re: Spine3D

Yep. I guess you've heard about our company. We did the Park Place renderings.

I admit also that this is a great thread for insider info. I'm amazed at how soon the members know about upcoming projects. I will also try to share what I know when possible.

Default kudos to Jeff

well i' am happy to see this thread booming. jeff beautiful panoramas!

Spine,
    Just a hunch on the name. You guys do great work - love the lighting effects on your renderings. You definitely know what you are doing.

Archit K,
    Thanks for the kudos. Seems like you are the biggest contributor to the site. How do you nail down all the info? How do you find the time? Great research and great insights. I notice you are all over Miami with a camera. I didn't know half the places you find even existed.

The forum would probably flow even better if we all were on at the same times. Unfortunately, work dictates the schedule.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by totus photography
    Spine,
    Just a hunch on the name. You guys do great work - love the lighting effects on your renderings. You definitely know what you are doing.

Archit K,
    Thanks for the kudos. Seems like you are the biggest contributor to the site. How do you nail down all the info? How do you find the time? Great research and great insights. I notice you are all over Miami with a camera. I didn't know half the places you find even existed.

The forum would probably flow even better if we all were on at the same times. Unfortunately, work dictates the schedule.

Jeff
    ^ well i go to varies sites to do my research, read the miami herald and if i have time to spare in my busy schedule i watch the news. i from florida but i go to school in brooklyn.

-Kris

Default Sma

Thanks Guys!

Here's a little something for Alex. Guess what building inspired the top.

Eddie

Default Thanks, Eddie

Welcome to the discussion, Eddie, and thanks for your great contributions.

The thus-far mysterious SMA project is less so now...great rendering. To hazard a guess, I would say the spikes on the decorative tops of these buildings look similar to the crown of the Statue of Liberty.

Would I be correct also that this project is basically two 60-story buildings with about 20 stories of uninhabited glasswork on each that is intended to serve as a nighttime beacon for the city?

Default Sma

Good guess Alex. It does have a New York influence. But, it was inspired by the Chrysler Building.

The crowns will be habitable and I bet they'll be very expensive condos also. I wish I could afford one. The views will be spectacular.

Does anyone have any new info on Empire World Towers? It seems that the Herald Skyline article listed it smaller at 659ft and 56 floors. This seems a lot more realistic since the site is in a flight zone. The FAA would never allow a building that tall there. All the buildings in that area are now under 700ft. Including Paramount Park.

Thumbs up

God, you can't leave this post alone for any amount of time...I'm going to have to restate the obvious: Florida is a HOT bed!

Ohh, and those Chrystler like towers are very nice looking

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast