Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aerial Photograph of Manhattan

Banned Member

That's the only vantage point from which Stuyvesant Town appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    That's the only vantage point from which Stuyvesant Town appeals to me.
    Because of buildings cross shapes I have visual associations with a cemetery.

To answer the questions: Yes. Stuyvesant Town is in Manhattan (it begins on 14th St. and 1st ave.

The Staten Island Ferry Terminal can be found in the satellite photo above that contains Lower Manhattan's Battery Park (the Park at the southern end of Manhattan that faces New York Harbor). If go to the far right of Park, along the water's edge, facing almost due south is a large building. That is the Staten Island terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage
    To answer the questions: Yes. Stuyvesant Town is in Manhattan (it begins on 14th St. and 1st ave.

The Staten Island Ferry Terminal can be found in the satellite photo above that contains Lower Manhattan's Battery Park (the Park at the southern end of Manhattan that faces New York Harbor). If go to the far right of Park, along the water's edge, facing almost due south is a large building. That is the Staten Island terminal.
    Thanks, is it easy to find from the battery park subway station? I was just there a couple months ago and they were doing a bunch of construction. The above image must have been before they started all of that because i don't see anything going on.

Where did you get/buy this photo?

If you take the green line to Bowling Green and then take a 2-minute walk south along the eastern edge of battery park, you'll run into the new terminal (see the link below). It just opened in Feb 2005.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/at...ttachmentid=29

Thumbs up

That's quite amazing! I'd like to see the area Jane St corner Washington in West Village . My boyfriend just moved in there and I'm supposed to join him in about three weeks. It would be nice to have a look on the neighbourhood from up above...
    Greetings from the Netherlands!

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    That's quite amazing! I'd like to see the area Jane St corner Washington in West Village . My boyfriend just moved in there and I'm supposed to join him in about three weeks. It would be nice to have a look on the neighbourhood from up above...
    Greetings from the Netherlands!
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Here's a medium-resolution aerial photo of the area around the intersection of Jane and Washington. Click here for a photo tour of the entire length of Jane Street: http://wasm.us/ws_Jane_Street.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JaneSt.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	826  

Last edited by asg; May 12th, 2005 at 04:54 PM.

Thank you for your fast replies! One of the photographs even made it on the cover of my farewell party invitations.
    The move from Amsterdam to NY was more exhausting than I thought it would be, the whole organization took me two more weeks than expected. But now I'm finally here, enjoying the bustle, discovering the neighbourhood step by step. I just wanted to thank you people for welcoming me!

Central Park South vicinity

Where are you guys getting these aerial images? Is it possible these are available for publication?

Default move along, nothing to see here

Download "Google Earth" to your own computer and you can get all this without bothering with this message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast