Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: London's Congestion Charge Two Years On

Maybe you should
    Kindly contribute to the
    forum
    or shut the hell up.
    Got it? You bring this forum down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    Kindly contribute to the thread or shut the hell up. Got it?
    I don't know who you think you are to believe you can order other members to shut the hell up. You can't, but you knew that. Stop being abusive.

"Meaningless post" in the context of what was posted wasnt just abusive, but the usual droll from the disaffected.

The Guardian article had dozens of good contributions, any of which Mr A could have commented on. Instead, we got drivel.

Nuff said.

Theres plenty of meat in that article and the next post has to be well, it speaks for itself

How about reading it.

GT you just described every post you make, meaningless drivel. You waste this otherwise great forum. Noone reads or comments on your articles because there is no room for discussion, just your mindless prejudiced insecurities manifesting in your Anglophobia hiding your wish to be British.

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny View Post
    GT you just described every post you make, meaningless drivel. You waste this otherwise great forum. Noone reads or comments on your articles because there is no room for discussion, just your mindless prejudiced insecurities manifesting in your Anglophobia hiding your wish to be British.
    I think that thats enough.

I would again invite you to contribute to the topic.

The recent ENGLISH Guardian article has a lot of reader feedback on this issue which is relevant to the topic and pretty insightful.

Why not read it?

And let the demons go! See a shrink if you have to. Bill Capa is pretty damn good - so I hear.

Question:
    How many people on this forum want to read, or really care what's printed in the Guardian?
    I know I don't

Example:

Crime in London

View Post August 10th, 2008, 11:35 AM Remove user from ignore list
    Gregory Tenenbaum This message is hidden because Gregory Tenenbaum is on your ignore list.

View Post August 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM Remove user from ignore list
    Gregory Tenenbaum This message is hidden because Gregory Tenenbaum is on your ignore list.

View Post September 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM Remove user from ignore list

View Post September 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM Remove user from ignore list

September 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM

seriously, what a broken record.

View Post September 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM Remove user from ignore list

View Post September 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM Remove user from ignore list

View Post September 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM Remove user from ignore list

View Post September 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM Remove user from ignore list

Seems to be a theme.

Greg, don't bother responding to me. You can see I have learned better, especially on topics that have ANYTHING to do with England.

But you should have guessed that when a bunch of people ignore a thread that MANY posted in before, you have effectively killed it (being that you are the only one posting there now).

It is not that people are not interested, it is that you smothered it. Noone wants to reply to you because they only get hostile responses.

Granted that Alanzo did not exactly come in here looking to talk, but telling him to "shut the hell up" is no way to respond.

You are looking for a fight.

My post was based on every post GT makes, take it in that context. Its a shame because Im sure alot of forum members would enjoy talking about these subjects but they are killed by one person with issues. What I dont understand is why for some reason his abusive posts have never resulted in him being banned.

OK you guys win!

You know a LOT about London!

What the hell would I know,

I just read the English newspapers and online comments from Londoners!

And not just from the Guardian either.

Use www.scroogle.org and type "London Sux". You will be surprised.

Now, how about commenting on the Guardian article instead of dishing out more nonsense.

I will listen to you. Convince me about why the congestion charge is a good or bad thing.

And see Bill Capa to sort out your issues. Hes a great shrink!

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny View Post
    My post was based on every post GT makes, take it in that context. Its a shame because Im sure alot of forum members would enjoy talking about these subjects but they are killed by one person with issues. What I dont understand is why for some reason his abusive posts have never resulted in him being banned.
    They have, and he has been. Several times AAMOF. But that is usually not from his negative posts in general but from of his personal attacks and righteous indignation.

They key is to go back to the topics, even the ones that he is in, and just ignore what he is posting in them. He is not THAT bad so long as you avoid England in general and do not respond to any references he may make in otehr threads that have little, if anything to do with England.

That is about it.

As for this issue of the congestion charge, I have not really heard of anything about this recently. It still seems to be getting along just fine. Hopefully it proves to be a successful enough model (long term) that we are convinced to use something similar in Manhattan and/or some of the other crowded cityscapes.

As far as Ive picked up in the media it has been a success, obviously people will whine because they dont want to pay more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    As for this issue of the congestion charge, I have not really heard of anything about this recently. It still seems to be getting along just fine. Hopefully it proves to be a successful enough model (long term) that we are convinced to use something similar in Manhattan and/or some of the other crowded cityscapes.
    There were rumblings by an association that the CC should be moved from 7-11 to allow shoppers to come in the afternoon. Basically giving retailers some breathing space as they are having problems at present....but as we all know it isn't the CC that is causing problems it is the state of the global economy.

One reader to the Guardian article said that it was a lot more pleasant to walk around London that it had been since about 2002.

If you like cars in a city with pretty good public transport, then the CC is no good.

If you dont mind being around people and using public transport, CC is good.

I guess you cant please everyone.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213