Thread: Money exchange

Default Money exchange

Where's the best place to exchange Canadian money?

Usually the best rate of exchange can be found at the ATMs (automated teller machines). The back of your credit card probably has the logos of the major systems that accept your bank's card. This way you can withdraw American dollars as you need without going to a cambio / currency exchange. Call your bank and inquire.

A few years ago when I worked in Ottawa, I went to the bank to deposit money in both my Canadian and American currency accounts. The teller exclaimed: Oh, monsieur, you should not make any deposits in American dollars this week. You should wait. I replied: my American creditors won't wait. Lay on the pain.

If you have Canadian dollars remaining from a visit up north, you will not find a very good rate of exchange at either banks or cambios. Welcome to the pain.

If you're Canadian, when are you planning to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by fioco
    Usually the best rate of exchange can be found at the ATMs (automated teller machines). The back of your credit card probably has the logos of the major systems that accept your bank's card. This way you can withdraw American dollars as you need without going to a cambio / currency exchange. Call your bank and inquire.

A few years ago when I worked in Ottawa, I went to the bank to deposit money in both my Canadian and American currency accounts. The teller exclaimed: Oh, monsieur, you should not make any deposits in American dollars this week. You should wait. I replied: my American creditors won't wait. Lay on the pain.

If you have Canadian dollars remaining from a visit up north, you will not find a very good rate of exchange at either banks or cambios. Welcome to the pain.

If you're Canadian, when are you planning to visit?
    Thank you for you request, I'll come back to visit New York city this Christmas. Can you tell me why the teller told you to wait? So I won't sleep in the ashram on Schermerhorn Street. I went to New York city on june for the ratha yatra festival in the Washington Square park.

I plan to get out of welfare quicker and being sponsored by Bell Mobility for my travel agent course. At the end of august I'll come back to school to become a travel agent. I like Brooklyn and I would like get an hotel room closed to Flatbush avenue. I called Bell Mobility to get a job, because the company cut off my outgoings call and I told them I want to work with them because I'm fed up to wait for my welfare cheque every month.

I let you know that English is not my native language. I perfectly understand French but if I make mistake in English, just correct me and I will appreciate. Fioco have a nice day and I hope you'll visit Montréal.

Gab, your English is very good. This forum is an excellent way to practice your language skills. To answer your question: The Canadian teller told me to wait because the rate of exchange was not very good that week for American dollars. The difference was mere pennies on the dollar. I was flattered that the teller showed such concern. I'm very far from wealthy. So far in fact that I don't think one can get there from here. You live in a fabulous city. Francophone friends took me to Montreal several times; I enjoyed the city immensely, especially the food which was exquisite.

If you come back to Montréal, you can visit the huge library(la grande bibliothèque in French) close the terminus voyageur. The huge library belongs to the government of Quebec. So the web site is www.bnquebec.ca for English version click on English.