Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • TWIN TOWERS II

51 80.95%
  • The Freedom Tower

12 19.05%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TWIN TOWERS II vs. The Freedom Tower

The fact that the Post is spearheading this return the towers campaign says a lot. What a true testament to the idiocy of people that this newspaper and Donald Trump have managed successfully to peg David Childs' miserable Freedom Tower compromise on a real architect like Daniel Liebeskind, employing antiquated anti-intellectual terminology like "egghead" (last heard during the 1956 presidential campaign) in order to discredit not only Childs' Folly but whatever architecture remains aloof from the same sort who treasure their cheaply detailed, painfully crude suburban trophy homes. We might as well get it over with and just build a McMansion on the site tall enough to be appreciated from the lawn of Mr. Staten Island American Pride.

I wouldn't equate building McMansions with the FT or new Twin Towers. McMansions are usually built on small plots of land that had their previous houses torn down. They're also cookie-cutter and tacky. I don't think it is philosophically inconsistent to dislike McMansions while also liking skyscrapers.

Default Where is Neither?

If you are going to keep posting the same poll... at least have the third option most people want:

NEITHER!!!

I would love to see the Twin Towers II done because of all these hindrances in the development of the Freedom Tower. I was there in the streets for 9/11 and saw the collapse. The Twin Towers stood for New York. Even from miles away on the NJ Turnpike, you could tell NYC was approaching because of the Twin Towers standing in the distance. I want them to rebuild them so my future children could enjoy them as I did!

Let's hear it for Trump and the Twin Towers!

Wanna hear it? Those aren´t the Twin Towers. All of the art of the original is gone in Trump´s proposal. Look at the banal skin that does away with the original´s delicate vertical ribbing. And what are those horizontal bands doing there? And the ugly stuff going on at the base?. Trumps propsal looks like a WTC interpretation for an Orlando theme park where the details don´t matter.... just something that vaguely reminds us of the original.... set next to the "Eiffel Tower" and the "Leaning Tower of Pisa". Pure kitsch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Holland
    Hey all,

witch do you like the most?

The WORLD TR(ump)ADE CENTER [TWIN TOWER II]

or

The UGLY freedom tower....

Bye,

Jimbo.
    The WTC towers. The ORIGINAL ones, not the bastardized ugly ones Trump used as a PR gimmick.

Bring back the Twin Towers.......the freedom tower is a pile of crap like Trump says! As mentioned before, unfortunately it most likely won't happen cause the terrorists won! (As much as these stupid political idiots keep claiming that they didn't win....the freedom tower proves that they won).

two 1475 foot tall boxes that would dwarf downtown would be the best thing that could ever happen to NY, I love boxes. Since it seems that FT will not be built I think Trump should BUY the land and build it, he has the money.

The more and more FT goes into a spiral of failure the more hope I have in this plan, which to me is still a dream but for god sakes I hope it becomes a reality. Please trump!

Keep dreaming.

The terrorists didn't win because the preliminary Freedom Tower designs aren't as bold as you think they should be; if anything, the terrorists won because we attacked a different country instead of going after those who attacked us. Let's keep things in perspective.

Well the fact that if there is a new FT at all at the end of jume it will not have over 60 floors, probably less primarily with the likely reduction of office space does not help at all.

Why live in constant speculation? It must be exhausting.

He should fix his hair.

Thumbs down

This one needs an option of a new design... It just seems no one wants that freedom tower built. Well me neither. But I chose the Twins although I dont think they should be built neither. Something else but these two options.

Default Twin Towers

After 9-11, Pataki and Giuliani promised that the Twin Towers would be re-built as they were but 1 story higher to show the terrorists that we are not humbled. Then suddenly, they said they were accepting designs for a new, single tower. After forcing Libeskind's "Freedom Tower" on the citizens of New York without the people's consent; they are re-designing the edifice in secret and without any input from the people. To the bargain, Bloomberg wants to force a West Side Stadium on New York as a monument to his mayoralty. If he wants it, he can pay for it himself!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast