63. You may not vote on this poll
  • TWIN TOWERS II

51 80.95%
  • The Freedom Tower

12 19.05%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TWIN TOWERS II vs. The Freedom Tower

Forum Veteran

Bloomberg and Guiliani never promised that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMGarcia
    Ratings of The Apprentice Finale were up last night. I doubt we will be hearing much more of this out of Trump. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with it.
    That is my sentiment. I would much prefer the return of twin towers, to what is proposed now, but I have that sinking feeling that the Donald was just blowing smoke to try to help the pathetic ratings of his Aprentice show's final episode.

Banned Member

The only Twin Towers he'll see are Melania's breasts when she's flat on her back during chilly weather.

Talking

LOL Brooklyn, that wouldnt be too bad at all!

Trump continues his quest for the Twins, or something...

NY POST

by Steve Cuozzo

Donald Trump has taken his campaign to rebuild the Twin Towers to the lobby of his flagship Trump Tower.

He's set up a big, leather-bound sign-in book next to the model of proposed new twins, advising visitors to "sign the petition to rebuild the Twin Towers . . . every voice counts!"

Yesterday, 113 pages of the 312-page volume were scribbled with about 40 signatures each.

Banned Member

I'm surprised he hasn't found an angle that would let him charge people a fee to sign it.

I would sign it...

But I don't think he would like my name...

(F' Offe Bawldie is not a verry common name )

In the latest issue of Forbes magazine, July 4, 2005, Steve Forbes endorses "rebuilding the Twin Towers at the World Trade Center site in lower Manhattan. ... Many risk-taking, want-to-get-ahead businesses and people are willing to move to and work in the new buildings."

http://www.forbes.com/business/forbe...704/031_2.html

Another nail in the so-called "Freedom" Tower's well-deserved coffin.

" Please log in to read all Forbes Magazine stories on Forbes.com."

LOL, luckily I have a subscription

I like Trump's idea, he should have that book full very fast, i'd take a trip there myself, does anyone know if it's before or behind the security checkpoints? I don't want to waste half a day there.

Forum Veteran

Forbes.com opinion column text:

Let the Man Make It Happen Time to put Donald Trump in charge of rebuilding the Twin Towers at the World Trade Center site in lower Manhattan.

That New York has done virtually nothing there since 9/11 is outrageous testimony to its political incompetence. After all, the Pentagon--also a victim of 9/11--was quickly rebuilt. Never have New York's bureaucratic tendencies and inability to make decisions reached such sad, headshaking proportions as they have at Ground Zero.

The Donald knows how to get things done. In the mid-1980s he shamed the Big Apple by swiftly rebuilding the Wollman Rink in Central Park at a fraction of what the city would have spent, assuming it could ever have done the job. The rink had been in bureaucratic limbo for a dog's age. Trump recently unveiled an impressive model for the new Twin Towers at Ground Zero, including an appropriate memorial. Many risk-taking, want-to-get-ahead businesses and people are willing to move to and work in the new buildings. These structures would be a fitting memorial for those who lost their lives on 9/11 and a fantastic rebuke to the terrorists who destroyed the originals.

Trump has the tenacity to see this project through. He's instigated and managed the construction of numerous buildings. He has the iron-fisted stick-to-itiveness to surmount seemingly insurmountable political and economic difficulties. Let him loose on this task and there will be no stopping him--or it.

No, "The Donald" does not.

"The Donald" knows how to bang a drum. You think "The Bloomberg" got where he was by not knowing anything about buisness? And I do not mean his Mayoral position either...

I believe this to be more of a publicity stunt than anything else, and it is working in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Holland
    yes, that's so stupid, creat than a tower with all the floors to the top of the building and not like the design of the FT, it's roof is on 541 metres and the floors go only up to 65 or 70.

that's nothing for the city of NY
    Totally agree Jimbo Holland.

Although I love Libeskind (especially) and also (most of) SOM's work, I just had to vote Twin Towers Mark II.

They will be paying homage to the unfortunately lost ones, yet will be high-tech versions paying homage to the ones that are sorely missed.

The Trump proposal:

...and the old - which most of us would be familiar with...

vs

the new

Well it DOES look truck-bomb proof.

I just canīt help but admire that photo of the original WTC plaza posted above. Yeah... I know bad urbanism and all that... but itīs sooooo fabulously late 60īs space agey. You can imagine it as backdrop for a Vogue fashion shoot for Couregges or Pierre Cardin. It has culture. It speaks about itīs era.

Yet funny how Trumpīs design takes the optimism of the original WTC and gives it a message too. The message being: "we are afraid".

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    .......I just canīt help but admire that photo of the original WTC plaza posted above. Yeah... I know bad urbanism and all that... but itīs sooooo fabulously late 60īs space agey. You can imagine it as backdrop for a Vogue fashion shoot for Couregges or Pierre Cardin. It has culture. It speaks about itīs era.
    Don't forget it also being a fabulous backdrop for late 60s Paco Rabanne:

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    Yet funny how Trumpīs design takes the optimism of the original WTC and gives it a message too. The message being: "we are afraid".
    We are afraid of what?

Yes, Paco!

-----------------------

Afraid of what?

You mean to tell me the artless Trump version doesnīt look like a defensive bomb-proof high-rise bunker? Afraid indeed... And Iīm not saying it shouldnīt be bomb proof. Itīs just that this thing wears itīs armour on itīs sleeve like a Brinks truck.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast