View Poll Results: Hotel Pennsylvania should be replaced with the proposed office building

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 44.97%
  • No

93 55.03%
Page 58 of 131 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel Pennsylvania - by McKim Mead & White - to be replaced by 15 Penn Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by ASchwarz View Post
    Notice too that the rumored renewal is only for five years, which just means they still plan on moving somewhere else but can't deal with it now with all their internal troubles.
    I don't have any inside knowledge about Merrill Lynch. However, it is well-known that their current lease at the WFC expires in 2013 - or in about five years. Curbed wasn't reporting what ML is close to signing a renewal of their lease until 2013; that wouldn't make any sense. They were reporting a rumored lease renewal past 2013, and they didn't indicate it was only a five year lease. I don't know if they're information is trustworthy, but I wanted correct the misinterpretation of what they reported. I think they're misjudging the importance of Merrill Lynch to the preservation of the Hotel Penn.

10 Barclay = Decepticon Optimus Prime's Avatar

The lease extension is through 2018, according to WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    LPC could intervene and landmark the hotel before Vornado demolishes it. Therefore, Merrill's decision does have an impact.
    No, it doesn't. LPC is not going to landmark a dump because one guy likes the old hotel phone number.

LPC never landmarks sites that are already development sites, because they will cost the city big bucks in compensation. Govt. cannot take property without just compensation. There are no adjacent receiving sites for 3 million square feet of development, and practically everyone but a few NIMBYs agree the site is garbage.

Where were these fake preservationists over the last twenty years? This site's fate has been public and obvious for two decades. It just took a while for the neighborhood to catch up with the site potential.

All the major preservationist groups are opposed to this idea, because they know it would make a mockery of landmarks, cost the city billions and even potentially derail the entire Penn Station redevelopment.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Make sure you send this form with your letter to LPC or they will probably ignore you:
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/lpc/download...evaluation.pdf
    If they have any sense whatsover, they will ignore these NIMBY spam emails. GO VORNADO!

I will do my civic duty and send the appropriate emails calling for the redevelopment of the site, the immediate renewal of the district, and for obstructionists like yourself to stop trying to derail the Farley renovation, the MSG relocation, the commercial tower plans and the entire Penn Station redevelopment.

Hyperbole piled on hyperbole.

At least you spared us the Berman rant.

Default Go Aschwartz!

I will do my civic duty
    and send the appropriate emails
    calling for the redevelopment of the site,
    the immediate renewal of the district,
    and for obstructionists like yourself
    to stop trying to derail the Farley renovation,
    the MSG relocation,
    the commercial tower plans
    and the entire Penn Station redevelopment.

So tell us, do you have your hand over your heart when you recite this?

( I'll bet you look damn cute in that cap and short pants... )

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

A dump, huh?

I would like someone to show me one (just one) new hotel from the last 20 years that can even touch this in terms of elegance and grandeur?

They'll build more generic 3 mllion sf corporate, glass boxes in the future but they'll never build any hotels anymore on this scale and with so much history and character, at least not in this soon to become McSam city.

Needs to saved desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the efforts to save Grand Central also a last minute effort? Doesn't make GC any less worthy of landmark protection and certainly the preservationists any more "fake."

Over the heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post

I"ll bet you look damn cute in that cap and short pants... )

Besides the rest of the fuzzy math, like the city losing billions, there is not a huge amount of unused air-rights over the hotel. It's a big building.

Question Poll Vote

If they have any sense whatsover, they will ignore these NIMBY spam emails. GO VORNADO!
    Given your stated position I was surprised to see that you voted NO on the poll.

obstructionists like yourself
    LOL, thanks for judging me. I needed it!

Seriously, though, all I did was give the URL for the form you have to send LPC if you want them to pay any attention to you. I haven't posted anything stating opposition to Vornado's plan. I did vote NO in the poll, but then again, so did you.

Optimus Prime Obstructionist.

Has a nice ring to it.

Freedom to obstruct is the right of all sentient beings.

Also, Vornado is a Decepticon.

Banned Member

How is using an official government form, to request that the government undertake action on a subject, spam email? Would you really hope that the government would ignore citizen requests?