Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mets Stadium (CitiField) - by HOK Sport

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117 View Post
    I admit my opinion is heavily biased but...
    Should have stopped reading right then and there as what was to follow was nothing but typical patented Yankee Fan chest thumping shennaningan trash.

Hey sfenn, why dont you worry bout getting real Yankee fans, not dork corporate bigwigs in your precious little band box...
    Last edited by TREPYE; July 13th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117 View Post
    I admit my opinion is heavily biased but Citi doesn't come close to the new Yankee Stadium. Yankee history is celebrated at the park. Its design is based off a beautiful original stadium, not some other team's from another borough. Every detail about the stadium was perfected in its construction- which is the reason for the admittedly high price tag. I'm all for an intimate crowd, but having 10,000+ more seats is going to make Yankee Stadium a much louder place come October. Citifield won't be hosting October baseball this season anyway.

Citifield is just another retro park in anytown usa. imo at least.
    How would you feel about the new Yankee Stadium if the Yankees no longer played there?

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    Should have stopped reading right then and there as what was to follow was nothing but typical patented Yankee Fan chest thumping shennaningan trash.

Hey sfenn, why dont you worry bout getting real Yankee fans, not dork corporate bigwigs in your precious little band box...
    Don't get madd because your team is having their annual collapse two months early. I'll take a trademark short right field porch, beautiful stadium, and great homefield advantage over a vast archetype retro ballpark where everyone else can hit a homerun out of it except the team that calls it home. That new homerun apple ain't gettin much of a work out huh?

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    Don't get madd because your team is having their annual collapse two months early. I'll take a trademark short right field porch, beautiful stadium, and great homefield advantage over a vast archetype retro ballpark where everyone else can hit a homerun out of it except the team that calls it home. That new homerun apple ain't gettin much of a work out huh?
    How's that move to Newark working for the Devils? 23rd of 30 in attendance in the largest market in the US. Keep beating that drum.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Trying to discuss stadiums here. If you need to debate the teams call the Mad Dog and scream out loud with the other retards.

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    I'll take a trademark short right field porch, beautiful stadium, and great homefield advantage over a vast archetype retro ballpark
    Um...isnt yankee stadium a "vast archetype retro ballpark"?

Besides, if you guys wanna gloat over those cheap homers be my guest, I couldnt be happier with the dimesions at Citifield. One of the things that Jeff Wilpon got absolutely right with Citifield is the outfield dimensions. I look forward to the team building around the dimensions of the ball park with great outfielders fast runners and hopefully an increased incidence of inside the park homeruns which is ten times more exciting to watch and lasts that much longer than a gofer ball at Yankee Stadium, specially one that traveled 315 feet.
    Last edited by TREPYE; July 14th, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

As a Mets fan, I haven't been to Citi, yet. What am I waiting for!

From what I hear, it is very nice and a great place to watch a game. I even heard that from Yankee fans.

Though, Citi is killing David Wright.

I heard the apple has rusted, and is stuck in the down position.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    I heard the apple has rusted, and is stuck in the down position.
    Sounds more like the Mets, than the apple.

Actually, from what I heard on teh news, it needs a few minutes (2.5) to recharge the hydraulics, so the other day when they got 2 in short order, it would not come back up again.

I actually like both parks, but I think Yankee got the dims wrong. There are just too many homers with that short field and the favorable wind.

Citi Field is good except for the logo!!! I am wondering how the prefab brickwork will weather, but I LOVE the interior rotunda truss.

I do not know if they should have put the whole office space INSIDE the stadium though (Right center), it kind of liimits the SF, but I liked the layout for the open circle above the entrance atrium and the upper deck plaza space.

I think HOK did a great job and the guys working there are very nice to work with......

Devils will do just find believe me. I've been to the Rock many times and everytime I've gone it was packed full!!

CitiField to host All-Star game in 2013.

Angry

I cannot believe Minaya just did that. What an idiot!

Monday, July 27, 2009
    Mets fire executive Bernazard

ESPN.com news services

The New York Mets have fired vice president for player development Tony Bernazard, who has been implicated in recent outbursts involving the team's minor leaguers and closer Francisco Rodriguez.

General manager Omar Minaya announce Bernazard's dismissal at a news conference Monday afternoon. The Mets had said they would investigate Bernazard's conduct last week.

Mets executive Tony Bernazard reportedly challenged the club's Double-A team to fight him during a recent postgame tirade.

"It reflects upon my watch," Minaya said. "And I take full responsiblity."

Bernazard reportedly pulled off his shirt and challenged the Double-A Binghamton Mets in the tirade, about 10 days before the All-Star break. He in particular targeted middle infield prospect Jose Coronado, according to the report.

Minaya said he told Bernazard of his dismissal Monday morning after notifying Mets ownership of the move Sunday.

"It was tough, because nobody likes to be fired," Minaya said. "He was not happy."

Minaya's news conference took a bizarre turn when the GM said that the New York Daily News' Adam Rubin, who wrote the initial story about Bernazard's confrontation in Binghamton, had lobbied in the past to get a personnel job with the Mets.

Rubin told Minaya he was "despicable" for implying that Rubin wrote a story to get Bernazard fired so he could get his job.

The 52-year-old Bernazard had held the position since December 2004.

Bernazard has been fingered in the media as a key influence behind the firings last season of manager Willie Randolph and pitching coach Rick Peterson.

This year, Bernazard drew criticism because the Mets' farm system has been unable to supply players to replace injured stars such as center fielder Carlos Beltran, first baseman Carlos Delgado, pitcher John Maine, shortstop Jose Reyes and setup man J.J. Putz. The depleted Mets have nine players on the disabled list.

The New York Daily News reported last week that at a recent game at Citi Field, Bernazard, who wanted a seat behind home plate that was occupied by an Arizona Diamondbacks scout, unleashed a profanity-laced tirade against a subordinate who suggested he wait until the half-inning was over to take the seat.

Olney: Mets Face Exectutive Hurdle

The perception within the Mets that Tony Bernazard held more practical power than GM Omar Minaya is crucial, because it affects how others do their jobs, Buster Olney writes. Blog »

In addition, the New York Post reported that Bernazard and Rodriguez had a heated verbal confrontation last week, when the Mets were in Atlanta.

"Yeah [it happened]. but I'm not going to talk about that,'' Rodriguez said Wednesday, according to the Post. "Not going to get into it."

Bernazard played 10 seasons for Montreal, the Chicago White Sox, Seattle, Cleveland and Detroit.

From 1992 until he joined the Mets, Bernazard was a special assistant to the executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    I cannot believe Minaya just did that. What an idiot!
    What, firing Bernazard?

The Minaya era is a disaster.