Thread: New Condos/Homes in Astoria

Smile New Condos/Homes in Astoria

I absolutely love NYC, and have been dying to come back. I currently live in California, and I'm in my last year of medical school. Do you guys have a listing of new condos or homes in Astoria or Willamsburg (more so Astoria) for new condos or homes.

I used to live in Long Island when I was in high school, and ever since I moved 9 years ago to Cali. I've been dying of this opportunity to go back.

(Also listings in long island (brand new) would be awesome).

Also, Ive been reading these forums for 2 months now, and this is my first post. I want to say a BIG thanks to the creators of this website and all the postees for SUCH A VALUABLE and AMAZING tool for all NEW YORK FANS.

Long Live New York....

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkFan
    I absolutely love NYC, and have been dying to come back...
    I just moved to Astoria to a Townhouse complex called Hallets Cove. Its a really nice area. I am not sure how much the houses her are going for but I can tell you its really nice. If you are looking for Condo Apts in Astoria look for shore Towers (shoretowers.net) or Cresent Towers. Cresent is a little more Comuter friendly then Shore Tower even though is an AMAZING building is far from the train station. Otherwsie keep an eye on Long Island City and the Queen West development sites. They are building a lot of luxury condos there.

As for long island I dont know if you heard Real Estate there has SKY ROCKETED in the last 9 years. The avg house will run at least 400K there.
    Last edited by Edward; July 26th, 2005 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Quote too long

Quote Originally Posted by shocka
    I just moved to Astoria to a Townhouse complex called Hallets Cove...
    thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it..anybody else with any new developments..

I live in orange county california, and 400K won't even get you a 2 bedroom condo....that is why I was a bit surprised when you said skyrocketed!

9 years ago, the average house in orange county, california, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths would have cost you 400K...you know how much it costs now? 1.4 million!

I'm surprised long island hasnt skyrocketed much higher, given the fact that manhattan has gone through the roof?
    Last edited by Edward; July 26th, 2005 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Quote too long

Forum Veteran

Pistilli Development is developing 2 new condos from warhouses...

One is the old Eagle Electric Building bet. 21st and Astoria park, just N of the Triborough. They are renovating and adding about double the space.

The other is at the end of Ditmars...a former Stern's warehouse.

No sales info is posted, so sorry. I guess you could look up the developer, maybe.

There are also a number of buildings going up all over 21st st. on the way to LIC, but not really sure about that either.

Also, new developments just to the south of the Triborough and, unfortunatlely, in "Old Astoria" by the river.

LIC, as mentioned previously, is slated for over 10K units over the next few years with more on the way...it's super-heated.

Glad you're moving back to the NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkFan
    thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it..anybody else with any new developments..

I live in orange county california, and 400K won't even get you a 2 bedroom condo....that is why I was a bit surprised when you said skyrocketed!

9 years ago, the average house in orange county, california, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths would have cost you 400K...you know how much it costs now? 1.4 million!

I'm surprised long island hasnt skyrocketed much higher, given the fact that manhattan has gone through the roof?

Interesting fact on Orange County, Suffolk County, Long Island however statistically suffers as the number 1 county in the country in terms of housing cost inflation and just fyi, a 4 bedroom, 3 bath room house on Long Island would cost you around $800,000 depending on location and condition.