Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Towers WTC

Default Twin Towers WTC

with my first voyage (in May 2001) I board was likely to visit the twin towers of the WTC, and I in board brought back the leaflet. I it board scanned (sorry for the quality) and veiled

i kept one of those after 9/11. i still have it today

Pulling up to Windows on the World...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LINC.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	1068  

Banned Member

I have tickets to the WTC observatory from September 9th, 2001. The ticket taker never ripped them, so I have the ticket and stub attached. Think they are worth anything yet?

Unhappy

Its amazing how small the trump building looks from the wtc and now its the 2nd tallest downtown, really pisses me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came across an (admittedly not very good) web site tribute to the Greatest Bar on Earth which brought back a lot of great memories:

http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Mem...t/Greatest.htm

I also came across this. If you like Depeche Mode, then you'll love this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6-2q...0the%20silence

I have a similar brochure, plus a small retail catalogue for the underground stores. The catalogue was for Christmas/Winter 2000-2001. Even if those items become valuable (they will in a decade or two, give or take) I still won't sell them!

Put a few more hours into my WTC model. Just added all the floors. This is from roughly the 70th floor of 1WTC looking up at Tower 2.

Interesting fact I pulled up while doing research, Tower 2 was designed to handle an antenna just like Tower 1. An interesting alternative had the buildings not been destroyed and the city suddenly had a need for broadcast space.

Apparently, this was an official report edited by a conspiracist. Disregard the red text, even if you believe hte conspiracy, the arguments aren't well thought out or worded.

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/wtc_ch2.htm
    Last edited by STR; May 26th, 2006 at 01:01 AM.

Elegy for an Icon
    For decades, The Times's Keith Meyers photographed the twin towers from all over New York City.

Some amazing memories in this video for Twin Towers lovers and movie fans alike.

http://vimeo.com/danmeth/twintowercameos

Filmmaker Creates Twin Towers Montage

By Shayna Jacobs

MANHATTAN — As the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 approaches, one local filmmaker has pulled together footage of the Twin Towers standing tall and proud on the silver screen.

Videographer Dan Meth created a "Twin Towers Cameos" montage of clips from movies like "Dog Day Afternoon" and "Superman" in the 1970s to "Ghostbusters II" and "How Harry Met Sally" in the 1980s.

The 3-minute, 20-second composite, set to music, can be seen on Vimeo and DanMeth.com.

"From 1969 to 2001, the Twin Towers made countless cameos in Hollywood films. Sometimes featured prominently in the foreground, sometimes lurking in the distance. This montage celebrates the towers' all-too-short film career with songs that capture the passing decades. Man, I miss them," Meth said in a description.

The filmmaker told CNN he was inspired by the constant display of harrowing images of the collapsing towers over the past decade.

"You've seen the Twin Towers burning and falling for ten years now, but you don't get to think of it as 30 years of them standing there," Meth said.

The World Trade Center, completed in 1973 and for decades a prominent feature on the city's skyline, was destroyed by terrorists in 2001. Meth's video includes clips from 25 films that featured the iconic towers.

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110902/down...#ixzz1Wr18YWzI

^What a fitting tribute. I forgot all about the great movies in which they appeared. Btw "City by the Sea" was released in 2002. I wonder how close to 9/11 that scene was filmed. They also filmed on York Ave. near the 59th St Bridge.

The Sentinel (1977), Serpico, not to forget King Kong ('76). Good find. Thanks Merry. Looking at the first pic at the top of this thread, in that brochure, that outside observatory 110-story viewing railing doesn't really look all that high. I would imagine they modified it over the years, but not sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast