Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: The Platinum - 247 West 46th St @ Eighth Ave - Condo - by Costas Kondylis

Quote Originally Posted by skithor View Post
    btw, does anyone have issues with air leaking through the windows/window frames? some parts of my windows are leaking cold air like crazy and while i have them plugged with paper/tape right now, it's taking forever for management to respond (goes to my earlier posting).

is this just par for the course on a high rise condo with big windows? a lot of draftiness? and the floors near the windows are pretty damn cold too which just adds to it. seems like there's no insulation at all in the floors, which just leads to me cranking up the heat in my condo all the time. should i just suck it up and accept it as part of the price of of living in a high rise??
    I had the same problem, but someone came and adjusted one of the screws. Whereas you can hear the draft before, the sound disappeared. I don't know if your concerns are more extensive than that.

Quote Originally Posted by agent529 View Post
    I had the same problem, but someone came and adjusted one of the screws. Whereas you can hear the draft before, the sound disappeared. I don't know if your concerns are more extensive than that.
    well theoretically, the've finally come to fix the windows today, but given that it's taken almost two months and i wasn't able to be at home to point out all the leaks, i'm not optimistic.

give the property manager or one of the handymen a call (through the lobby). i had the same issue and it was fixed within 48 hours. i was very nice to them in explaing the situation and they went through each window to make sure it was properly sealed when closed.

it's a 30-second, twist of an allen wrench procedure in most cases.

well theoretically, the've finally come to fix the windows today, but given that it's taken almost two months and i wasn't able to be at home to point out all the leaks, i'm not optimistic.

btw, does anyone have issues with air leaking through the windows/window frames? some parts of my windows are leaking cold air like crazy and while i have them plugged with paper/tape right now, it's taking forever for management to respond (goes to my earlier posting).

is this just par for the course on a high rise condo with big windows? a lot of draftiness? and the floors near the windows are pretty damn cold too which just adds to it. seems like there's no insulation at all in the floors, which just leads to me cranking up the heat in my condo all the time. should i just suck it up and accept it as part of the price of of living in a high rise??
    i don't really get air leaking but I do hear huge WHOOOOSH sounds when the air picks up. the negative pressure is definitely a problem in the building, though it hasn't really knocked out my comfort of living. the ongoing water problem is still annoying. at least i have hot water now but i still get crap pressure in the kitchen.

someone mentioned the management being nonexistent with problems. i have to say it seems that stuff takes FOREVER to get done in some instances. for example it should take this long to fix a door at the deck. and the sauna/super duperwhatever showers are still not working. nobody seems to know what's going on. but then again this is what happens when the building doesn't have a board.

Wink building management

totally agreed with the postings -- obviously management's very involved in trying to sell the remainder of the units, which is good in the long term, but still, it does leave something to be desired for the people that have already shelled out the bucks and are now living in the building. there are a good many little things that i'm not bringing up both within my unit and the building generally that could certainly be improved by a board -- installing a place to rack all the cue sticks, NOT turning up the heat in the gym, having coffee for the coffee bar...but i digress

btw, what's up with all the russian chicks and their massage tables? is there an underground massage parlor that's not in the "ZONE"??

totally agreed with the postings -- obviously management's very involved in trying to sell the remainder of the units, which is good in the long term, but still, it does leave something to be desired for the people that have already shelled out the bucks and are now living in the building. there are a good many little things that i'm not bringing up both within my unit and the building generally that could certainly be improved by a board -- installing a place to rack all the cue sticks, NOT turning up the heat in the gym, having coffee for the coffee bar...but i digress

btw, what's up with all the russian chicks and their massage tables? is there an underground massage parlor that's not in the "ZONE"??
    what's up with that massage room. is there even anything available there for people to make an appt. or something? i do like the massage chairs though, they rock!

Default massage room

I believe, as a resident of the building... you can use the massage room... but you have to bring in your own masseuse. (the good news, of course, is that we seem to have plenty of massage professionals here in the building!)

Quote Originally Posted by nyradioguy View Post
    I believe, as a resident of the building... you can use the massage room... but you have to bring in your own masseuse. (the good news, of course, is that we seem to have plenty of massage professionals here in the building!)
    exactly my point. strange. or maybe not. never knew masseuses made so much cash!!

I see those russian ladies all the time with their massage tables. Not sure what's going on there...

exactly my point. strange. or maybe not. never knew masseuses made so much cash!!

Have they finally fixed those busted doors on the 5th floor?

Is it just me or is the head handyman of this building just totally non-existent? Almost everytime I had a problem - it was Edwin (the number 2 guy) who actually physically comes in does some and fixes it. For instance I've been having hot water pressure issues in my kitchen and I spent a month bitching about it. Nothing done (or more like, people came in but nothing was fixed). But when the water died altogether last night Edwin came in, actually opened up the pipes and found metal debris in the hot water line. (i.e. shoddy plumbing work during construction.) He's seriously the only guy here I think that actually gives a crap about the residents and gets things done. Otherwise, I feel like others don't do jack. I think Adrian the super tries, but I can't help but feel there is a lot of ineptitude in this building in terms of the help.

What does the head handyman do? I never even seen the guy's face before. I think once we get the board up and running, we need to get rid of the stupid lazy farts that get paid to do nothing in our building.

Default Pretty Darn Good...

I disagree with you. I think the guys in this building are doing an amazing job. Every new building has kinks that need to be worked out.... but I think, overall, the guys who work here... keep the place in tip top shape. 'Love the doormen/concierges... and appreciate the work that the handymen do.

New construction has benefits and drawbacks. One drawback is that EVERYONE has a few nagging items that need fixing... so that the handymen can't get to all of us at once.

I agree they could communicate better (through buildingLink... which imo is a great tool) about when things might get done... but that's a minor issue.

'How bout a little "glass is half full" attitude... so we can all enjoy living here together... rather than kvetching 24/7.....

Yeah, quit bitching.

In the meantime we want to know more about the Russian ladies with the massage tables.

We didn't know the Platinum was that kind of building, but I guess that's what happens when you have that kind of lobby decor.

Maybe the body workers need a new spot to ply their trade now that the olde joynte across the way is getting shuttered?

The Platinummers have a great view of the cleared lot where the Kevin Saint James Pub used to stand ...

750 Eighth

Quote Originally Posted by nyradioguy View Post
    'How bout a little "glass is half full" attitude... so we can all enjoy living here together... rather than kvetching 24/7.....
    well if i wasn't positive i'd be a lot more pissed off about the fact a leak in the riser in the 30-something floor leaked and put a hole in my laundry room ceiling (on top of the leaky windows, hot water issues for months, kitchen sink issue, flooding in the kitchen ... broken washer line ...) the fact i'm very friendly with people here should be an indication that i'm being a lot more patient than some dweeb who gets pissed off b/c of much lesser things.

oh it's the building hater again adding on to it. what would we ever do w/o u bitching about the lobby for the 100th time here?