Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast

Thread: The Platinum - 247 West 46th St @ Eighth Ave - Condo - by Costas Kondylis

Default Breakfast Service

For now... the building does offer breakfast service at the Zone on the 5th floor. Just rolls and croissants, etc. And coffee and juice. Nothing fancy.. but it's popular!

Any Russian blinis?

Default blinis...

I dunno... but I think the jokes about the russian ladies may have been funny the first 2 or 6 or 10 times... but, perhaps, enough already?

Looks like someone may finally be moving into the large retail space along the 8th Avenue side of this building. Workers are there today and look to be starting some sort of build-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1 View Post
    Looks like someone may finally be moving into the large retail space along the 8th Avenue side of this building. Workers are there today and look to be starting some sort of build-out.
    They flatly denied it at the annual meeting yesterday. Then again, do you really believe what they tell you anyway. Lots of shady things going down lately here

Post The Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1 View Post
    Workers are there today and look to be starting some sort of build-out.
    And ..... I noticed recently there has been some changes made to the lobby design: I think the "FLAME" feature has been removed. I like the 'look' of this building in general, and the design of the lobby in particular; but glad to see the flame feature has been removed.

It would be beyond silly to have that thing operating in the heat of August.

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post
    And ..... I noticed recently there has been some changes made to the lobby design: I think the "FLAME" feature has been removed. I like the 'look' of this building in general, and the design of the lobby in particular; but glad to see the flame feature has been removed.
    It's still there, but as expected the operating costs of a fireplace is already somewhat excessive so it's been reduced to a minimum during the summer. It'll probably be back in the winter, but it's just plain stupid (and a waste of money) to fire it up in the summer. Plus it makes the lobby hot as hell!

Are you a resident in The Platinum? I am thinking of buying there. Would love your opinion on it.

We LOVE it here. A great building. Professionally run. So thrilled we bought here and moved here!!!

Thank you for replying. I was wondering if this site had been taken down as it was quiet for one year after having been very active. I read all of the postings on the building and they seemed like fairly standard complaints re punch lists etc.

I am looking to sign contract from the Builder for a high floor unit. You don't happen to have a copy or the original of the building's brochure from when offered in 2007 do you? I would love to see how the units' prices have changed from 2007 to now plus see a comprehensive floor plan overview.

Also, is the maintenance reasonable? I always worry about the bait and switch. Would really love to talk with you re the building before I make such a financial committment. Seems like the building is doen now to the last few units.

Can you correspond privately on this site?

Lucan

happy to talk to you. What is your email address? The maintenance is what is is... and the building appears to be in very sound financial shape. I do not have any of those documents (sorry), but I believe the prices have come down somewhat from 2007.

The last time I looked at that lobby (months ago) the 'fire wall' was either being removed or under repair. That feature was often ridiculed and just caused a lot of 'rancor' among people who had widely differing opinions regarding the 'interior design' of that lobby . I think it looked fine, but imagined just the fuel cost to keep it burning was very costly. The 'fire feature' in the lobby is in one of the photos posted here.

With this building there is also another 'blazing hot' issue: the southern exposure windows are cooking the interiors. The simple solution there would be the use of 'solar shades' - one of the best on-line sources I recommend would be www.northsolarscreen.com , particularly the 'heat reducing' silver backed shade.

http://www.manhattancondobuzz.com/ti...m-gallery.html
    Last edited by infoshare; September 16th, 2011 at 08:21 PM.