Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sex Stop on the Way Home

Banned Member

I don't know about having sex in a "parking lot" as you put it, but in my day I had a couple of trysts in the back seat of my car. Within that report, the reporter did not provide an ounce of evidence or reprt seeing one incidence of sex.

The same thing actually happens amongst heterosexuals too, but we refer to it as a "high school parking lot" and chalk it up to "youthful indiscretion." I guess this report dovetails nicely with the Vatican's desire to sniff out gays from seminaries and the priesthood. To be blind to such obvious demonization is not so much astonishing as it it sad, because it is plainly willful blindness.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Exactly, Brooklyn. The steamy goings on in the back row of drive-in movie parking lots were a source of humor in an earlier time. Furthermore, activities in the typical tittie bar don't seem to get the same 'under the microscope' treatment, and those couples seem to be total strangers as well. Or is it ok if you pay cash for it?

So you say it is ok for high school students to park in a parking lot, in broad daylight, next to an occupied athletic field, and go at it?

You know I am playing devils advocate here, but the main purpose of what I am doing here is to try to get you to seperate what is universally objectionable from what may be construed as a biased or slanted outlook.

Not all associations are made, or meant by the author. Some we make ourselves.

Forum Veteran

Straight people have sex in public all the time. I've seen 3 couples going at it in plain sight this summer in McCarren Park. Once there was an audience of teenage boys gathered to watch. I've seen straight sex acts at clubs and bars & teased hair bobbing up and down in cars more times than I can remember. In the course of my life, I've seen more straight sex in public than gay.

Homophobia amplifies the homophobe's perception of gay sex. Men cruising each other to hook up later - or a sleazy bar - are called "objectionable" even before any skin is exposed. Take the same sleaze factor but switch to straight couples, and suddenly the sexuality is palatable or not even noticed. Straight people troll for "just" sex and it's not generally found morally reprehensible. Bigotry, plain and simple.

Ryan, a correction :

Gay people "troll". Straight people "flirt".

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge
    ...You know I am playing devils advocate here, but the main purpose of what I am doing here is to try to get you to seperate what is universally objectionable from what may be construed as a biased or slanted outlook...
    I think I did separate them quite clearly. Homophobic op-ed pieces that offer zero evidence of what they are implying as fact are universally objectionable. Biased and slanted outlooks expressed by other forum members in typical reaction to the piece I can understand.

Also, playing "devil's advocate" on issues of discrimination and bias can be easily perceived as insensitivity and / or ignorance to the issue - or complete support for the implicit hate hiding behind the label of "devel's advocate."

You have proven yourself to be too intelligent in these forums to be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    I think I did separate them quite clearly. Homophobic op-ed pieces that offer zero evidence of what they are implying as fact are universally objectionable. Biased and slanted outlooks expressed by other forum members in typical reaction to the piece I can understand.

Also, playing "devil's advocate" on issues of discrimination and bias can be easily perceived as insensitivity and / or ignorance to the issue - or complete support for the implicit hate hiding behind the label of "devel's advocate."

You have proven yourself to be too intelligent in these forums to be ignorant.
    Brooklyn, hence I am deliberately stating my purpose before someone comes out with an ironically intolerant label of what I am or what I am trying to say.

Ryan, I have not seen these acts in public. People who have done such in my neighbohood, and have been seen, have been reported. I am not saying that either is better or worse with this, but the head-bobbing you saw would most likely be reported if one of the soccer moms saw it.

As for trolling, you have not been to some of the social clubs I have been to. Trolling is usually expressed as a generally lacivious and/or undesirable person going around looking for someone to pick up. I have heard it used by women on many an occasion to describe guys on the pick-up-patrol. I have even used it myself to describe guys I see going to places like Ski Club with no real interest in skiing.

Trolling, in general, is a type of fishing: http://www.bigjon.com/tips/tips.asp not a medieval mythological creature lurking in the woods or beneath a bridge. When a guy is "trolling" for a partner, male or female, they are looking to hook up.

(edit)Back to BR......(/edit) Some of your connections, such as "normal" are based on your own PC bias. What I read as "normal" was job and family, not hetero/homo. I find getting blowjobs from strangers in a parking lot simply by pulling up next to them to be far from "normal".

I think the one thing we need to be careful of here is realizing that when someone makes an arguement that they state is as simple as "black and white" it does not mean he was talking about race.

Sometimes what a person says is just that and nothing more.

Banned Member

Ninja - I'm acknowledging what you wrote, but I'm leaving it there. We both have the propensity to argue to a stalemate.

The bigjon link was helpful, though.

These might give further illumination, but in a different way:

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/trolling.html

http://www.searchlores.org/trolls.htm

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1
    These might give further illumination, but in a different way:
    too funny.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider

Also, playing "devil's advocate" on issues of discrimination and bias can be easily perceived as insensitivity and / or ignorance to the issue -
    Otherwise known a "troll baiting".

I'll pass over the other distortions in the article that have already been addressed, and focus on what I thought the substance of the article would be, which is usually presented in the first few sentences.
    There is a narrow parking lot in Cunningham Park in Queens surrounded by playing fields for adult softball and youth soccer and baseball.
    I've been to quite a few little league games, and the subject of semi-public sex in the vicinity of children is a valid concern for parents. I would not care if the sex was hetero or homosexual; I would be more concerned with the logistics of the situation. Is there drinking involved, or cars zipping around in an unsafe manner? Prostitution might add an element of danger. Could I just avoid that area of the lot - mostly to spare myself the angst of answering the direct questions that children ask.

However, aside from one comment, the article did not present any conflict between soccer moms and gay men. That aspect should have been omitted, if the intent was to present a contrast between gay social interaction in Manhattan and semi-suburban eastern Queens.

On a tangential track, it seems that the Tallahassee, Florida police (with help from local security guards) don't like extra-curricular activity in their parking lots. A few years back this caused a bit of trouble for Florida Governor Jeb Bush's son John (aka "Jebby") and a friend (though probably not nearly as much trouble as it would have caused for someone with a different last name):

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jebby1.html

We've got a question for Florida Governor Jeb Bush: It's 10 p.m., do you know where your children are? Well, at that time on October 7, Bush's 16-year-old son John (aka Jebby, if you can believe it) was getting busy in a Jeep Cherokee in the parking lot of a Tallahassee mall. As this police report notes, a pair of nosy rent-a-cops caught Bush and a 17-year-old female companion fogging the car's windows--both were naked from the waist down, save Jebby's socks. The underage lovebirds, whose names were redacted from this document, were not charged, though officers made sure to note "the political ties of subject #1." Jebby--who's pictured on TSG's cover in a White House photo from grandpa George's reign--now joins brother George P. on the Sunshine State's police blotter. (3 pages)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge
    They are trolling, they are just in it for sex. Regardless of gender, most find that morally reprehensable.
    This is hilarious.

Would you feel better about what goes on if these folks were searching for their one-and-only true love?

City Council needs to pass a law protecting innocent New Yorkers from the heinous dangers of one night stands.

This is good news indeed.

You see, the way I see it, there will be less men who likes the woman. That way, there is more demand from the woman who likes the men. Men just like me.

Comprende?

Seriously guys, LET IT BE. Everybody deserves DIGNITY we aint livin in the frikkin MIDDLE AGES.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast