Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: cool/unique idea for a date

  1. #1

    Default cool/unique idea for a date

    hi all,

    I know this may sound vague but I was looking for a cool/unique/fun idea for a date in manhatten.

    I'm pretty much open to anything. We've done all the fancy restaurants and things like that so I was trying to come up with something a little less formal and just fun.

    any ideas? Not looking to do brooklyn or anything like that.
    Would like to be in manhatten.

    I'm even open to outdoor type events. This would be for saturday night.

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    try boat or helicopter ride or paintbull shell dig the change

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JE PARLAY
    try boat or helicopter ride or paintbull shell dig the change
    thanks, boat or helicopter might be a little much. was trying to do a more simple less "tourist" thing.

    sorry I know I'm being vague!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Get a 40oz and go drink it in the flooded amphitheater on the East River. No, I'm not kidding.

  5. #5

    Default

    decided to do the comedy cellar on saturday night.

    so now just trying to figure out what would be a fun/light hearted restaurant nearby to go to first?

  6. #6
    Moderator NYatKNIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Manhattan - South Village
    Posts
    4,240

    Default

    More specific on price and cuisine, or if you just want to wing it the comedy cellar is surrounded by restaurants of all types, many with sidewalk tables - it might be more fun to walk around and see what draws you in.

    As for me, I'm taking Schadenfrau's advice.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYatKNIGHT
    More specific on price and cuisine, or if you just want to wing it the comedy cellar is surrounded by restaurants of all types, many with sidewalk tables - it might be more fun to walk around and see what draws you in.

    As for me, I'm taking Schadenfrau's advice.

    yeah I guess I didn't care on the price and cuisine. was more concerned on making it a nice calm relaxing stress-free night. (casual not stuffy)

  8. #8

    Default

    If you're willing to change your location from manhatten to Manhattan, I'd suggest Provence, which is just down the street:

    http://www.nymetro.com/pages/details/2132.htm

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    If you're willing to change your location from manhatten to Manhattan, I'd suggest Provence, which is just down the street:

    http://www.nymetro.com/pages/details/2132.htm
    thanks anyway.

    and thanks for bustin my chops all day

  10. #10

    Default

    Provence really is great, and it's exactly what you described.

    Would you prefer a different cuisine?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    Provence really is great, and it's exactly what you described.

    Would you prefer a different cuisine?
    going to try the Blue Mill Inn.

    I know Im' taking a chance but thought it was cool that it was a retro type place.

    thanks though.

  12. #12
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    Try OTTO on 8th St. / 5th Avenue some other time. Especially when the weather turns cooler.

    It's Mario Batali's pizzeria rustica / taverna type joint. Not too expensive. Great food and wine. Incredible gelato.

Similar Threads

  1. World's most unique city? Best designed?
    By WZ1 in forum World Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: October 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
  2. idea for WTC towers
    By alex ballard in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
  3. Cool New York
    By billyblancoNYC in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 9th, 2004, 12:12 PM
  4. Zipcar: 'New Car Rental Idea'
    By normaldude in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 11th, 2003, 12:36 PM
  5. I Went To New York Last Week - NYC is cool!
    By Ptarmigan in forum Social Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 12th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software