Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Man Has Baby

Banned Member

Default Gay Man Has Baby

Baby on the way for Tom and Katie

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Tom Cruise and fiancee Katie Holmes are expecting a baby six months into a whirlwind romance that has turned the once intensely private Cruise into a giddy and very public lover.

News of the pregnancy was first reported by People magazine Wednesday. A statement from Cruise's publicist, his sister Lee Anne DeVette, added: "Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is very excited." Holmes, she said, "has never felt better."

No wedding date for the couple has been set and no details about the sex of the baby or the due date were available. The child would be Cruise's first biological child. He adopted two children with actress Nicole Kidman before their marriage ended in divorce in 2001.

Twice married Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, began dating in mid-April but far from keeping their relationship low key, Cruise became the butt of jokes in May after he jumped over a couch in a manic appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and declared his passion for his new girlfriend.

He proposed to Holmes in June at the Eiffel Tower in Paris and announced their engagement the next day at a news conference.

The high jinks prompted suspicion that their relationship was a publicity stunt to promote their summer films -- "War of the Worlds" for Cruise and "Batman Begins" for Holmes.

Cruise rejected the jibes. "It's amusing at first. It's funny. But then you sit back and realize how sad it is that there are people who can't even imagine feeling like this. But my friends are happy for me. The people who know me are happy. My mom is happy. My family is happy," he said.

Holmes made her name in the TV show "Dawson's Creek". She ended a five-year relationship with "American Pie" actor Chris Klein in early 2005.

Cruise's first marriage, to actress Mimi Rogers, ended in divorce in 1990. After his divorce from Nicole Kidman, he had a two-year relationship with Spanish actress Penelope Cruz.

Cruise is currently filming the action movie "Mission: Impossible III," in Los Angeles.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

"But my friends are happy for me. The people who know me are happy. My mom is happy. My family is happy,"

Joy Joy.

Banned Member

I guess they put the honeymoon before the wedding. Either that or they just got too excited by the turkey baster to wait.

^ I was so hoping no one would stoop low enough to post anything about this.

But, BR, you at least gave it the degree of dignity it deserves (as usual, and in your own inimitable and gentle way).

Thumbs down

The thing that got me was not the fact that she is preggers. Hell, it is quite common in celeb relationships to see stuff like this.

But to say that she wanted to be a virgin until she was married blah blah blah and then not only doin the nasty (possibly) with him, but getting preggers as well.

It just seems really stupid. But then again I am really stupid for giving a rats eyebrow about any of this.

Forum Veteran

My laugh-out-loud moment of the day. Well, not so much a laugh but an uncontrolled fit of muffled giggles.

Yeah, I giggle when the word preggers is used too...

Preggers.

te-he-he-he-he-he

There ya go.

A little advice:

Don't ever ever use a word like preggers when talking to the woman who is carrying your child.

He said it again.....
    te-he-he-he-he-he <snort>

Damn, I know that I've been reading too many tabloids when I actually believe that the power of Scientology has turned Tom Cruise into a red-blooded, heterosexual male.

The old rumor was that Tom Cruise is sterile and knew that Nicole Kidman had been sneaking around when she came up pregnant. "Miscarriage", divorce, the rest is history.

Quit yellin',
    it's only childbirth

Corky Siemaszko
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-300956c.html

Katie Holmes' mission impossible will be giving birth without painkillers - or screaming.

That's because her fiancÚ, "Mission Impossible" star Tom Cruise, is a Scientologist.

Practitioners of Scientology are against drugs but insist on "silent birth" because they believe it's traumatic for babies to hear their mothers groan or cry.

"Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go," church founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote in his best-selling "Dianetics."

That's easier to preach than practice.

Another famous Scientologist, actress Kelly Preston, told Redbook magazine in 2000 that she screamed for an epidural while giving birth at home to daughter Ella.

But her husband, actor John Travolta, who is also a Scientologist, didn't have time to drive Preston to the hospital.

"It got hard-core at the end because she was big," Preston said of her 13-hour ordeal.

Travolta later described it as a "beautiful, still experience that lovingly brings a child into the world without screaming or talking."

Of course, he didn't have the baby.

Scientologists also favor seven days of silence for newborns so their first week on Earth is trauma-free. But this has run afoul of state-mandated blood tests, which require at least a pinprick.

The lack of stimulation at birth does not insure ANYTHING as proven by scientists.

Let Scientology preach what it wants. It seems to only attract idiots anyway. Might as well insure their kids are idiots too by removing any stimulus from their first days on earth.

:P

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast