Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MURRAY HILL - New Neighbor

Default MURRAY HILL - New Neighbor

Everyone -

I am happy to announce that I've been living in Murray Hill for a week and it is simply amazing. Thanks to everyone in the forums for their tips on Murray Hill/Gramercy/Kips Bay. Best Wishes

Cheers,

Morrissey

You think Murray Hill is amazing? Then I recommend you venture south a little, it'll blow your mind.

Glad you like it, Morrissey.

Usually, I would second Stern's suggestion, but our Morrissey might need some time to warm up to the idea of exploration, considering he found the entire western portion of Manhattan to be too unsafe for his tastes.

Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    Glad you like it, Morrissey.

Usually, I would second Stern's suggestion, but our Morrissey might need some time to warm up to the idea of exploration, considering he found the entire western portion of Manhattan to be too unsafe for his tastes.

Baby steps.
    South and west - do you mean Greenwich Village/SoHo and Chelsea?

Banned Member

Oy! Honey, invest in a map.

To the south of you is booming Gramercy Park with its yuppified nightlife and great restaurant scenes. You will also find Union Square at 14th - 17th Street, a de facto extension of the NYU campus and the heart of poltical activisim in NYC. You will find Madison Park at 23rd Street, once bounded by corporate and commercial space, rapidly tranforming into a baby TriBeCa of converted commercial, industrial and loft spaces.

To your west, is SOFI (South Fifth Ave) where residential towers are popping up like children around the Empire State Building as well as the 34th Street retail corridor.

Enjoy Murray Hill and have fun. Once you get bored you can explore the rest of Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    Oy! Honey, invest in a map.

To the south of you is booming Gramercy Park with its yuppified nightlife and great restaurant scenes. You will also find Union Square at 14th - 17th Street, a de facto extension of the NYU campus and the heart of poltical activisim in NYC. You will find Madison Park at 23rd Street, once bounded by corporate and commercial space, rapidly tranforming into a baby TriBeCa of converted commercial, industrial and loft spaces.

To your west, is SOFI (South Fifth Ave) where residential towers are popping up like children around the Empire State Building as well as the 34th Street retail corridor.

Enjoy Murray Hill and have fun. Once you get bored you can explore the rest of Manhattan.
    Actually i know gramercy - that place is amazing....a lil' pricey but an awesome place to live ! gramercy is prob the gem of nyc! i know most of you would disagree!!!

my two cents

Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    You think Murray Hill is amazing? Then I recommend you venture south a little, it'll blow your mind.
    Since BrooklynRider lives in Park Slope and Morrissey's from Murray Hill, i would like to know where the rest of you guys live - just out of curiosity -

Default Congratulations Morrissey!

Good choice Morrissey! I am sure you'll enjoy living in Murray Hill.
    And the beauty of your choice, it's also easy to visit the other hoods that BrooklynRider listed. Enjoy.

Oh yea, I am in Kips Bay as you might imagine. To be technical, Kips Bay is east of 3rd Ave from 23rd Street to 41st Street, the approximate dimensions of the Kips Bay Farm from the mid 1600s.

Cheers!

I live in Port Morris in the Bronx.

Half my life downtown, Manhattan -- in what used to be known as "Hell's Hundred Acres"

Quote Originally Posted by KipsBay
    Good choice Morrissey! I am sure you'll enjoy living in Murray Hill.
    And the beauty of your choice, it's also easy to visit the other hoods that BrooklynRider listed. Enjoy.

Oh yea, I am in Kips Bay as you might imagine. To be technical, Kips Bay is east of 3rd Ave from 23rd Street to 41st Street, the approximate dimensions of the Kips Bay Farm from the mid 1600s.

Cheers!
    So murray hill is technically from 5th ave to 3rd and 23rd and 41st correct?

May i ask if anyone of you are recent college graduates? (class of 2001 through 2004?)

I graduated in 1998, but I guess that doesn't count.

Why are you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey
    Since BrooklynRider lives in Park Slope and Morrissey's from Murray Hill, i would like to know where the rest of you guys live - just out of curiosity -
    I live in the Upper East side, there's alot of services, but little else to do, its similar to Murray Hill in that respect, only Murray Hill has an older crowd compared to the yuppies up here. If it was up to me I'd live in the Village, Lower East Side or the Upper West Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    I graduated in 1998, but I guess that doesn't count.

Why are you asking?
    I was just curious I wanted to know the age group in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    I live in the Upper East side, there's alot of services, but little else to do, its similar to Murray Hill in that respect, only Murray Hill has an older crowd compared to the yuppies up here. If it was up to me I'd live in the Village, Lower East Side or the Upper West Side.
    UES - nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast