Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stay in harlem dangerous? other suggestions for apt?

Bishop the only way you will know for sure is to check out the area for yourself. Where are you from anyway? 155th and St. Nicks is the Harlem/Heights border. As a matter fact you are down the block from Polo Grounds Towers, not the nicest place to be at night, trust me.

Ask yourself questions like this:

Are you comfortable around low income Blacks?

Are you comfortable wtih the fact you might be the only White person at any given time on a block?

Are you comfortable that living in Harlem you will see things associated with poverty such as crime and drugs?

You need check out Harlem the way a Harlemite would. You need to take the bus, yes the BUS to one of the off 125th retail strips. You need to go to the basketball court and play a game with some of the locals. You need to experence Harlem in depth. Don't go shooting dice in Harlem River Projects, I don't want you getting robbed. Just experence the local community for a few days, see how you feel.

Living in Harlem is like any other low income community. You need to watch your back. I'm sure no one would hastle you, unless you frequent the streets. Then you have a good chance at being a target. If you are a homebody, who only frequents the immidiate area during the day. You go to and from places, meaning you run to the bodega every now and then. Head over to the train station, mabey pick up a newspaper. You should be fine.

If you hang out in front of the building, or the corners. If you walk around at 2am with a nice coat (A popular coat in the neighborhood), cell phones, or a gold chain, ect. Your chance of something happening will skyrocket. Don't be a victim, the 3-3 is overloaded with robberies anyway.

As for Schadenfrau, she refuses to belive cops don't do footpost in Impact Zones. I think she needs to get out the loft and see how life is in the projects.

BTW, 1-3-9 and LENNOX is the dangerzone, where no man can withstand to hold his OWN.
    Last edited by BxOne; October 16th, 2005 at 05:43 PM.

BxOne, you seriously need to stop slagging me. I do not live in a loft and I've never made any such statement.

It's clear that you troll the internet looking to stir up trouble, and not much else.

You live in the Port Morris Clocktower (You call that DA BRONX). I'll leave you alone. Only reason I commented on you is becuase you sparked off on another thread with me.

ablarc doesn't like me, I don't like him. Saying he is afraid of Black people was a stupid comment. So I had take the opportunity. I won't talk about you anymore though.

Back on topic. Bishop how old are you, where are you from. Age and nationality can make a difference. Size doesn't mean shit anymore. These days everyone has a gun, or they jump you.

BxOne:

Are you bxone and/or thebxone at this forum?

Same posting style...Also interesting inconsistencies.

Yup, I use that forum to get some OLD pics (Before 1950) and post local news every once and a while.

I use this forum every once and a blue, and I stick some news in that one. I was on Skyscraperpage when I went all out on the Mod and got banned. I will admit I elevated that situation. Skyscraper City Forum also likes to steal my shit. I found that out through google, took my housing project thread on SSP forum, not a member of that one though.

Thats accually pretty wierd though how you could figure that out. I mean, besides the obvious name.
    Last edited by BxOne; October 16th, 2005 at 06:21 PM.

That's all I need to know.

For the record, I do not and have never lived in the Clocktower Building. If I did, I'd be pretty furious that you posted my address.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    For the record, I do not and have never lived in the Clocktower Building. If I did, I'd be pretty furious that you posted my address.
    Well you said you live in Port Morris. I could have sworn you said the clocktower, but my memory isn't that great. Still Port Morris is nothing but vacant buildings/warehouses and some lofts. The area is dead, literally.

It doesn't matter though, I agreed to leave you alone, your name will stay away from my post.

Now back to Harlem World.

Quote Originally Posted by BxOne
    Thats accually pretty wierd though how you could figure that out. I mean, besides the obvious name.
    You're not a very good cop, are you?

Say, did you know that it's illegal to impersonate a law enforcement officer, even on the internet?

Who's impersonating.

I give advice to an out of towner and this is what I get. Hate

The things I said are either facts or common sense. The things I said to you, mabey I was right about that.

As a matter fact, goodluck Bishop. All I have ever recieved on this forum is hate. Especially from who ever the hell you are Schadenfrau. Bishop, bad idea coming to a forum for information. Next time check out the neighborhood for yourself. Ask REAL residents on the street. People who interact in the community, not a girl who sits at the computer thinking she knows a block becuase she has walked through it a few times.

I hope you are happy with whatever decision you make. No wonder no other MOS come to these forums to chat about city life, too much ignorance.

Girl you got what you wanted, now enjoy your loft space.
    Last edited by BxOne; October 16th, 2005 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BxOne
    Who's impersonating.
    You.

Someone came to this forum, and asked a legitimate question.

We don't need crap from someone who has such low self-esteem that he thinks it is necessary to invent a life in order to give his posts more validity.

There is no reason to keep this thread open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12