Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2628 & 2633 Broadway: Ariel West - by Cook + Fox | Ariel East - by Cetra/Ruddy

The Dude Abides

Congratulations to all the new buyers. Don't let the aesthetic criticism on this thread keep you from enjoying the new apartments in what are two great new buildings.

But I'm curious: do all of you know just how much outrage these buildings generated in your neighborhood? Do you know of the recent zoning changes that'll prevent buildings like this from going up in the future? What do you think about that?

Default too bad

these people who are outraged need to get a life...Thier homes displaced thousands before them when robert mosses built FDH and PW....Thier rights do not supercede those before them....I grew up 10 blocks from here.....been here for 40 years(UWS)...I love the building, and always loved the neiborhood...I could care less what they think(incl my mom)

Default A new topic!

Has anyone used Diamant Services (the new name is Total Home Interior Services - recently changed I understand)? If so, what has been your experience? They are in the building (West) which is a plus - 22nd floor, i think. They do painting, shades, glass shower partitions - not sure what else. Any input would be helpful. Seem professional.

Quote Originally Posted by nycfla View Post
    Has anyone used Diamant Services (the new name is Total Home Interior Services - recently changed I understand)? If so, what has been your experience? They are in the building (West) which is a plus - 22nd floor, i think. They do painting, shades, glass shower partitions - not sure what else. Any input would be helpful. Seem professional.
    Ironically, the Avery above gives feedback about THIS. posts #413-418

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...t=8583&page=28

Last edited by econ_tim; April 6th, 2009 at 12:32 AM.

That one is just so wrong in way too many ways ...

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

I tried to think positive thoughts about this building but in the long run I ran out of steam on that concept. Maybe it would not be so bad in Midtown East where it could hide better -

A pretty ugly building. That arbitrary "rhythm" of narrow and broad horizontal bands on the rear elevation is particularly bad.

Crap building maybe, but inside is not bad at all.

Asking: $4,900,000

This family-size condo with a massive rear terrace is located in Ariel West, home to Elisabeth Hasselbeck and other "down-to-earth (albeit loaded) couple[s] that put family first," as one commenter put it. Talk of the yard dominated much of the discussion, and guesses were fairly spot-on, including a $4.995 million and a $5 million. But, alas, no direct hits. Not much of a view from this low-floor apartment, which is a shame, because Ariel views are forever!

Listing: 245 West 99th Street [BHS]
    Curbed PriceSpotter: Baby's Got Back [Curbed]

http://curbed.com/archives/2009/10/0...s_got_back.php

I think that, but for the horrible red accents, the building is fine -- for Midtown. Between the glass and the height, it does not fit in the area, and therefore, I regard it as an abomination.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415