Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2628 & 2633 Broadway: Ariel West - by Cook + Fox | Ariel East - by Cetra/Ruddy

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkYankee
    Haha, thanks for the laugh! Maybe when a Whole Foods opens up there, I'll go.

If you can afford a place close to a Whole Foods in Manhattan then you shouldn't be looking up there... there are plenty of nicer (expensive) areas south of there.

I don't think there are any Whole Foods uptown yet...

Default Health Food Crap

FYI: There is a place called the Garden of Eden which I think is some big healthy food sort of place on 107th (?) or so and I know there is some health food place right on 98th.

Now, I can't vouch for the quality or selection as I 've never set foot in a health food store in my life.

Pass the Doritos and Jolt.

Default Wth

So I called to go check out Ariel West and they said they couldn't even get me in for an appointment for 2 1/2 weeks because they're booked solid. What the hell? I'm dying to spend some money here and I can't even get in?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Have a broker call for you.

Forum Veteran

I was in the neighborhood on Friday. Ariel East is up to 6 stories. I couldn't get a good look at Ariel West I was walking on the east side of Broadway but the lot seems to be fully excavated and I heard a lot of noise coming from it. These two projects are moving along nicely.

Since there are two of them and all, they could have named them "Ariola left" and "Ariola right". I guess they felt Ariel would work better with the female buyers.
    Last edited by Peteynyc1; March 20th, 2006 at 09:48 PM.

Banned Member

Okay - I hate to nitpick, but wouldn't that be "aureola"?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    Since there are two of them and all, they could have named them "Ariola left" and "Ariola right". I guess they felt Ariel would work better with the female buyers.
    Maybe to keep with the astronomy theme they have going from The Orion. There are some larger renderings at the Sota Glazing website.
    http://www.sotawall.com/site_pages/USA_sites.html

From the UC pics it's hard to know what's going on. Are both Towers UC?? (foundation work) . If construction began, did it begin in 2005 or 2006???

Wow you really are eager to know this stuff. They are both under construction already. I am not sure when they started but I will say January is more likely.

Default Fyi:

I've got a buddy who's a broker so I assume that he would know but he told me that they just increased prices -- for the third time. These things must be moving. Getting too rich for me, I better start looking over on Amsterdam. Good luck, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Charming Quark
    ...they just increased prices -- for the third time. These things must be moving. Getting too rich for me, I better start looking over on Amsterdam.
    The inner workings of gentrification.

Sorry you got priced out before you could buy in. Next time, slap down your deposit before the price goes up. That way you can go along for the ride and start looking on Amsterdam with a few tens of thousand extra bucks in your pocket.

Yeah, thanks. Frankly, it would have been a real stretch for me anyway. Plus, what happened to the new "this is a buyer's market" mantra I've been hearing for the past few months? I thought time was on my side but clearly that was not the case.

I would love to see gentrification spill over more conspicuously onto Amsterdam and Columbus in the 100s. The projects facing the park are an abomination, and rising rents would surely provide the impetus to fill in the empty space along CPW with inevitably high tax revenue generating (and urbanistically superior) properties.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast