Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Transportation from/to New York airports

Quote Originally Posted by larrych
    Any suggestions or recommendations for some means of transportation which is reasonable, can be accomplished by an ex-NYCer (50 years ago!!), certain to get us there on time, and safe?
    The website of the Port Authority (which operates both EWR and JFK) lists several comparatively low-cost options for inter-airport transfers: http://panynj.com/

Hello.

When my sister and I arrive at Newark airport on the 15 march, how can we get to our hotel Thirty Thirty on 30 East 30 th St . New York NY 10016?

What is the cheapest way??

Yours sincerly

Medic_dk

Taxis:
    Cost between $30-$40 plus tolls, and the trip takes about 45 minutes. Most direct door-to-door service, but most expensive.

SuperShuttle(blue and yellow van):
    Shared mini-bus. Operates direct service daily, 24 hours, costs approximately $15. Return trip requires 24 hours notice.
    http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/nyc.htm

New Jersey Transit Express Bus
    Runs every 15 minutes from 6 AM to midnight (hourly after that). They will take you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The fare is $7; buy your ticket inside the airport.
    Very cheap, but never did it

Olympia Airport Express Bus
    Costs $11 each way or $21 round trip. It leaves every half hour, and goes to Grand Central Station, Penn Station, the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
    book online

Regional Rail
    Take the AirTrain Newark monorail to the Newark International Airport Rail Link Station. From here, Amtrak and New Jersey Transit trains run to both Newark Penn Station (for connections to PATH subway trains to 33rd St./6th Ave. or WTC - about $8.50) or New York Penn Station, which has connections to the subway (about $11.00).

NJ Transit Airport Connections

Thanks a lot NYatKNIGHT for your quick answer :-)

Exclamation Wise Man...

All transportation fees into NYC are per person except for yelow taxi. It will give door to door service to up to 4 people for metered fare ( $45.00 flat rate from JFK to Manhattan) + any tolls. You may even request for a minivan yellow taxi at taxi dispatch area if you have 5 people in your party. Now that's a real bargain...

Default Transportation to Airports

I find New York Bus Service the most convinent. If you have to use transportation other then taxi cabs I find this will keep you from over packing. If I have time I'll take the MTA, haven't done that lugging golf clubs though. It is a shame that the Subway does not have a LGA stop like O'Hare and Midway Chicago airports have.

Quote Originally Posted by milleniumcab
    All transportation fees into NYC are per person except for yelow taxi. It will give door to door service to up to 4 people for metered fare ( $45.00 flat rate from JFK to Manhattan) + any tolls. You may even request for a minivan yellow taxi at taxi dispatch area if you have 5 people in your party. Now that's a real bargain...
    I believe there was a recent hike in gas prices. A friend just returned from NY and said that JFK to Manhattan in a taxi was now a flat rate of $75.

Is this now the case?

^ Really? Wow if it is a flat rate then that is scary. Or maybe your friend got ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdupes
    I believe there was a recent hike in gas prices. A friend just returned from NY and said that JFK to Manhattan in a taxi was now a flat rate of $75.

Is this now the case?
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/pas...cab_rate.shtml

I think you were scammed. They are supposed to charge $45 + tolls + tips

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpice
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/pas...cab_rate.shtml

I think you were scammed. They are supposed to charge $45 + tolls + tips
    It wasn't me it was a mate of mine. He's quite pompous about his travelling knowledge so this will allow me to take the piss out of him.

I was going to get the train but $45 is quite reasonable between 2 of us!

It wasn't me it was a mate of mine. He's quite pompous about his travelling knowledge so this will allow me to take the piss out of him.

I was going to get the train but $45 is quite reasonable between 2 of us!
    Don't forget about hundreds of car services that you can find in your yellow pages. You can call a car service located near the airport in Queens and I bet they will give you an even better rate. Not to mention that many of those guys hang out at the terminal offering their services to the people...

Cheers MrSpice knowing the missus she'll want to call ahead anyway and have the first word.

Wink be carefull

I have feeling your pal was scammed and not by a yellow cab.
    There are often people who claim to be legitimate cab drivers and give people rides into manhattan at outragous prices. These hustlers pray on naive people. Yellow cab is $45 into Manhattan for up to 4 people....Do not accept rides from anyone, go straight to yellow cab stand...

Is this now the case?

Thumbs down a mistake

If you accept a ride from a stranger, you are looking for trouble. Nobody should get into any cab but a yellow cab at the airports, unless you have made an arrangment to be picked up .. If you only heard the stories I hear from poeple about their expriences with non yellow taxis at airports and even from Manhattan to airports...They are illegal, they are breaking the law and why anyone would reccomend them is beyond me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpice
    Don't forget about hundreds of car services that you can find in your yellow pages. You can call a car service located near the airport in Queens and I bet they will give you an even better rate. Not to mention that many of those guys hang out at the terminal offering their services to the people...

Exclamation Not yet

NYC cab drivers have been asking for a gas surcharge for some time now... The city have not yet given it to them. I believe they will have to soon if the gas prices keep going up.. But I can assure you any gas surcharge will not effect the $45 flat rate from JFK...

Is this now the case?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast