Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Transportation from/to New York airports

Default Thanks..

It seems that the information I provided was wrong in it's technicality , not in it's totality.. thanks for the clarification..

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

^ You call that information?

I said that JFK will be rail linked to Downtown, NYC. How is that different from what STT757 said. He clarified some of the technical details and about the Air Train... For him to say that everything I said is wrong, was wrong...I did say that the existing tunnels could not support the Air Train, another one had to be built.. I was wrong on the type of rail that it used...UUppps, sorry..

The fact remains that, JFK will be rail linked to Financial District in the near future, whether it runs on a monorail or a light rail.. I also think the LaGuardia link is in the works too, though that will probably take a little longer..

Question first time to NY but I'm going to OH

Hi everyone,

I'm flying to JFK airport from Hongkong. It is my first time to go to new york and I'm going alone. ::nervous:: I plan to take greyhound to Cleveland, Ohio. Would someone here give me some suggestion?

from what I read, it seems that the safest way to go from the airport to anywhere is by taking a cab.
    if I want to save some money, what do you say if I take the New York Airport Service Express Bus to New York Port Authority? Or should I take NYC subway?

People told me that there is a greyhound terminal at New York Port Authority, but I'm not sure which greyhound bus stop it is.

Please help. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by inesdedawn
    if I want to save some money, what do you say if I take the New York Airport Service Express Bus to New York Port Authority? Or should I take NYC subway?

People told me that there is a greyhound terminal at New York Port Authority, but I'm not sure which greyhound bus stop it is.
    Take the bus. Service is good, cheap, fast, and it goes exactly where you want to go. Once inside the Port Authority Bus Terminal (which is like a train station), you can find your bus by inquiring at the ticket window.

Not to worry; just don't leave your luggage unattended.

If I were you, however, I'd set aside a few days to see New York, instead of rushing in and out.

the New York Airport Service Express Bus to New York Port Authority?

...a greyhound terminal at New York Port Authority, but I'm not sure which greyhound bus stop it is.
    It's this one: http://www.greyhound.com/scripts/en/...sp?city=151239

Port Authority Terminal is very large and confusing, but don't let that scare you...

It is one large building but split into two parts -- North and South. The Greyhound ticket area is in the South section.

Ask people -- they will direct you. (However, the ticket sellers don't always have the best information )

You might be wise to purchase your bus ticket to Cleveland when you arrive at the Terminal from the airport (this will save you some time / hassle upon departure).

When arriving for your bus to Cleveland give yourself at least 1/2 hour more time than you might think you'll need to get yourself to the correct gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    Since the issue of transportation from the airports frequently comes up, I think we need a sticky thread for this. For now, just a picture.

LaGuardia airport - the view from the new observation deck in Rockefeller Center. 29 October 2005.

That, my friend is East Elmhurst. Not Rockafeller Center.

Default Distance between La Guardia and Times square

Hello,
    I'm going to New york for 4days and I'm planning my trip now what I wanne see. I arrive at 9am at La guardia. I have to take the bus Q33 and then from Jackson Roosveldt Ave the train F to Manhattan. How long would it take to get from the airport to Manhattan? I have to get off at 42street.

I want to know that so I know which time I can start my adventire

grt
    bjorn

The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by capoeta cypher
    That's a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cokie
    Hello,
    I have to take the bus Q33 and then from Jackson Roosveldt Ave the train F to Manhattan. How long would it take to get from the airport to Manhattan?
    Ooooooo, about an hour if you don't get to wait too long for the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by capoeta cypher
    Edward said " THE VIEW" from the Top of The Rock at Rockefeller Plaza.. Maybe you missed that.

ahh....right. it actually says it's Port Authority in the address. I missed that one. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1
    You might be wise to purchase your bus ticket to Cleveland when you arrive at the Terminal from the airport (this will save you some time / hassle upon departure).

When arriving for your bus to Cleveland give yourself at least 1/2 hour more time than you might think you'll need to get yourself to the correct gate.
    ...so I don't really need to buy the ticket online before in advance, do I? I mean, the tickets won't be sold out or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    If I were you, however, I'd set aside a few days to see New York, instead of rushing in and out.
    actually, I will go back to new york some days later. I'm just going to ohio to meet my friends first. we will visit new york together on the long weekend around the national day.

...so I don't really need to buy the ticket online before in advance, do I? I mean, the tickets won't be sold out or something?
    As far as I know they do not sell "reserved" seats -- but you might want to double-check that.

Seating on busses in the US seem to be "first come / first served" -- another reason to arrive for your departure a bit in advance. They probably don't allow standing, anyway try to imagine that trip from NYC to Ohio !!!!

Default Travel between LGA and JFK?

Have an upcoming trip planned into LGA, arriving at 8:19pm. Need to depart JFK at 1:00 am. I understand there is a New York Airport Service Express Bus; however the last run is at 8:00 pm, per that website. The Port Authority website wants to direct me to AirTrain, but that site states no service between the 2 airports. Does anyone have suggestions for reasonable and safe alternatives? I appreciate your thoughts.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast