Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Transportation from/to New York airports

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    Still, I don't think it's too high...
    ...especially if you're not chintzy when you tip.

a point with which I am sure that "MilleniumCab" would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    a point with which I am sure that "MilleniumCab" would agree.
    Absolutely!.....

Tipping is a form of art... Not everybody have mastered it like ablarc...

Default rate from Newark airport to the bronx by taxi?

Hello,

I'm picking up my family at the Newark airport ( this Friday) and we will take a taxi to the bronx (riverdale).
    Is there a flat rate for that? and if not - what is the approximate charge for that ride (including tolls)?

Thanks,

Ilan
    Last edited by ilan14; October 7th, 2006 at 11:14 AM.

There's no flat rate if you take a taxi from New Jersey. You would probably do better to take a car service.

If you phone some of the numbers listed on this thread, they'll be able to give you a rate. Keep in mind that the numbers will be cheaper if you're willing to take a group shuttle, which is a shared van that will drive you from door-to-door.

^ Does the van charge by the passenger? How big is the family to be picked up?

In my experience, they do charge by passenger, but it's sometimes a reduced rate for multiple passengers at the same address.

The fee seems to be about $40/per person, but I would call ahead of time:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsmain.HTM

Rent a car for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau View Post
    In my experience, they do charge by passenger, but it's sometimes a reduced rate for multiple passengers at the same address.

The fee seems to be about $40/per person, but I would call ahead of time:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsmain.HTM
    $40 per passenger is a lot of money...Better of with a taxi.. Some of the Newark Yellow cabs charge flat rate into NYC.. If I was you, I would try to negotiate with them.. I think you are better of with a taxi unless you are willing to take airtrain-path train combo to Penn Station and a NYC Yellow taxi to Bronx..NYC Yellow from Penn Station to Riverdale will cost you $30-$35...But this option is not a good one if you have a lot of luggage...

I say take Jersey Yellow, negotiate a flat rate.. My NYC Yellow experience tell me it should be about $80, a little less or a little more..Good Luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau View Post
    There's no flat rate if you take a taxi from New Jersey.
    NYC Yellow Cabs go flat rate to NJ, except to Newark Airport.. I would imagine it is the same for NJ Yellow Cabs going to NYC..They should have a flat rate..

Default Comfort Inn

How far is the Comfort inn LIC from JFK would it be expensive to get a cab?
    Also Does the Subway facing the Comfort in bring u rith into Manhattan?

cheers

Ciara

Quote Originally Posted by ciara View Post

cheers

Ciara
    Q: How much does it cost to travel from La Guardia Airport to the Comfort Inn? From JFK Airport? What about Newark Airport?
    A: The Comfort Inn Long Island City provides low cost "shuttle service" to and from La Guardia and JFK Airports through a contract with a private car service which is available 24 hours a day. The skilled, courteous drivers will pick you up in a Lincoln Town Car and deliver you directly to the hotel. The cost for JFK Airport is $30 per car each way. Each car can carry up to 4 adults. The cost of the ride is billed to your room account so you only need to tip your driver.
    Public transportation is also an option for any airport. The "AirTrain" and the NYC subway system can get you from JFK Airport to the Queensborough Plaza subway station which is only 1 block from the hotel.

Q: How far is the hotel from the subway?
    A: The nearest station, Queensborough Plaza, is one block away. You can get the "N", "W" and "#7" trains at this station. In addition, the Queens Plaza station is 3 blocks away. There you can get the "E", "G", "R", and "V" trains. All run 24 hours and all will take you into Manhattan or to various parts of Queens and Brooklyn.

https://secure.mawebcenters.com/webs...innny/faq.html

I would say that any of those trains (NW7) would get you to midtown is under 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ciara View Post

cheers

Ciara
    Yellow Cab will cost you $30-$35, from JFK to Comfort Inn LIC..Most seats 4 but you can request a minivan type if you have 5 in your party...Credit Card payment is also possible upon request with or without a minivan...

The subway near the hotel will take you into Manhattan at a cost of $2.00 per person. You can also purchase daily metro cards with unlimited use for that day, at a cost of $7.00 .. Also every pay-per-ride $10 metro card (regular) will have a free ride in it.. Subway is good on weekdays but I would stay away on the weekends as they don't run as frequently and the Subway Map is mostly useless on the weekends because most of the Subway is re-routed due to repairs to the system..

It is also very easy to get a cab into Manhattan from your hotel, just cross the street to the Manhattan bound traffic side, towards the Queens Boro Bridge( toll free)..A cab ride to Midtown Manhattan will cost about $10 and to Downtown- Financial District about $20...

Enjoy your stay and stay away from illegal transportation options, like black cars and pedi-cabs, for your personal safety and your pocket's well being...If you need a cab, be smart and take a Yellow...
    Last edited by milleniumcab; October 12th, 2006 at 11:58 PM.

It really does nag me that New York is probably the only major top tier world city without an actual airport terminal - city centre/downtown express service. Major long-term planning error there, but what is the current status of such developments or is that pie-in-the-sky?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast