Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 295

Thread: Transportation from/to New York airports

  1. #1

    Default Transportation from/to New York airports

    Since the issue of transportation from the airports frequently comes up, I think we need a sticky thread for this. For now, just a picture.

    LaGuardia airport - the view from the new observation deck in Rockefeller Center. 29 October 2005.


  2. #2

    Default

    OK, what lens did you use to get this shot? The angle doesn't look right either. What are all the hills in the background?

  3. #3

    Default

    Very powerful lens by the look of it...

    More pics from the Top OF The Rock anyone??

    Transportation: I paid a little extra on my last visit (as my family were travelling with me) and tried a Limo (Lincoln Town Car) from one of the many companies that run a service.
    It was a little disappointing - I expected a more leisurely ride - but it was just like being in a different coloured taxi!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdp
    It was a little disappointing - I expected a more leisurely ride - but it was just like being in a different coloured taxi!
    Thats what Ive always figured, so I plan to catch a cab to the airport for Thanksgiving.

  5. #5

    Default

    It wouldnt have been more exspensive. It was just easier to get a taxi when we got there, instead calling ahead for one.

  6. #6

    Post

    edit.
    Last edited by Jim Koeleman; December 12th, 2008 at 05:58 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    A taxi.

  8. #8
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    Airporter bus to GCT is about 1/3 the cost (but then it will be another $5 - $10 for the taxi to get you across town to your hotel).

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New York, Las Vegas, LA
    Posts
    182

    Cool

    a taxi $50

  10. #10

    Default

    Why do they bother building all these expensive AirTrains if they're not good enough to recommend?

  11. #11

    Default

    We are flying into Newark in December and staying at the Millenium Hilton Hotel - is it best to get a cab or take different transport??

  12. #12

    Default

    the answer on all these airport questions is always a taxi

    there are buses and trains and such, but nothing you would want to do with luggage

    if you can afford the Hilton, you can afford a cab

  13. #13
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    Why do they bother building all these expensive AirTrains if they're not good enough to recommend?
    The airtrain is fabulous, it just doesn't go anywhere.

  14. #14

    Default Complicated arrival

    Hello everyone!

    My girlfriend and I are visiting New York City for the first time in late December. We are coming from two different parts of the world to different parts of New York. She comes from Oslo, Norway and lands on Newark, and I travel from Tucson, Arizona arriving the same day on La Guardia. My girlfriend has seven hours on her to get to La Guardia before I get there.

    I've taken a look on some of the transportation possibilities from airport to airport. The taxi rate is pretty expensive for one person according to the airport website, so that is not an option.

    Have anybody any experience with ETS Air Shuttle? Do you think there is any need to book it in advance when it's not necessary to take it immediately after arrival? Do you know where their ticket counter is located on Newark?

    Our hotel is located in Brooklyn. How much do you think the taxi rate would be from La Guardia to our hotel? Our plane back is going from Newark. Are there any hotel-to-airport transportation options? Or would a taxi be a better idea in this case, since we're two this time? How much do you think the taxi rate would be?

    Thanks for any reply!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miceagol
    Hello everyone!

    My girlfriend and I are visiting New York City for the first time in late December. We are coming from two different parts of the world to different parts of New York. She comes from Oslo, Norway and lands on Newark, and I travel from Tucson, Arizona arriving the same day on La Guardia. My girlfriend has seven hours on her to get to La Guardia before I get there.

    I've taken a look on some of the transportation possibilities from airport to airport. The taxi rate is pretty expensive for one person according to the airport website, so that is not an option.

    Have anybody any experience with ETS Air Shuttle? Do you think there is any need to book it in advance when it's not necessary to take it immediately after arrival? Do you know where their ticket counter is located on Newark?
    If you love or even just like this girlfriend, you will not have her schlep out from LaGuardia to Newark to meet you, after a flight from Norway(!), when the two of you will be staying in Brooklyn. Just meet her at your hotel, or if it is before the hotel's check-in time, than have her drop off the bags and meet you at a nearby cafe. Newark Airport is nowhere near Brooklyn.

    Quote Originally Posted by miceagol
    Our hotel is located in Brooklyn. How much do you think the taxi rate would be from La Guardia to our hotel?
    It really depends. Brooklyn is a big borough. Probably about $30.

    Quote Originally Posted by miceagol
    Our plane back is going from Newark. Are there any hotel-to-airport transportation options? Or would a taxi be a better idea in this case, since we're two this time? How much do you think the taxi rate would be?

    Thanks for any reply!
    Cabs to and from Newark are more expensive than LaGuardia, because you are crossing state lines and such. Ask your hotel to recommend a reasonably priced car service for you. Should be about $40.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yankee Stadium Multimodal Transportation Center
    By Transic in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
  2. Transportation Help
    By coach in forum Questions and Answers about New York City
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 29th, 2006, 11:39 AM
  3. Airports closed??
    By GINGER in forum Questions and Answers about New York City
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
  4. Proposition 2 - Transportation Bond Act
    By BrooklynRider in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 9th, 2005, 12:27 AM
  5. Transportation doubt
    By MagnumPI in forum Questions and Answers about New York City
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 14th, 2005, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software