Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Transportation from/to New York airports

Default Transportation from/to New York airports

Since the issue of transportation from the airports frequently comes up, I think we need a sticky thread for this. For now, just a picture.

LaGuardia airport - the view from the new observation deck in Rockefeller Center. 29 October 2005.

OK, what lens did you use to get this shot? The angle doesn't look right either. What are all the hills in the background?

Very powerful lens by the look of it...

More pics from the Top OF The Rock anyone??

Transportation: I paid a little extra on my last visit (as my family were travelling with me) and tried a Limo (Lincoln Town Car) from one of the many companies that run a service.
    It was a little disappointing - I expected a more leisurely ride - but it was just like being in a different coloured taxi!

Quote Originally Posted by tdp
    It was a little disappointing - I expected a more leisurely ride - but it was just like being in a different coloured taxi!
    Thats what Ive always figured, so I plan to catch a cab to the airport for Thanksgiving.

It wouldnt have been more exspensive. It was just easier to get a taxi when we got there, instead calling ahead for one.

edit.
    Last edited by Jim Koeleman; December 12th, 2008 at 05:58 AM.

A taxi.

Airporter bus to GCT is about 1/3 the cost (but then it will be another $5 - $10 for the taxi to get you across town to your hotel).

Cool

a taxi $50

Why do they bother building all these expensive AirTrains if they're not good enough to recommend?

We are flying into Newark in December and staying at the Millenium Hilton Hotel - is it best to get a cab or take different transport??

the answer on all these airport questions is always a taxi

there are buses and trains and such, but nothing you would want to do with luggage

if you can afford the Hilton, you can afford a cab

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    Why do they bother building all these expensive AirTrains if they're not good enough to recommend?
    The airtrain is fabulous, it just doesn't go anywhere.

Default Complicated arrival

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are visiting New York City for the first time in late December. We are coming from two different parts of the world to different parts of New York. She comes from Oslo, Norway and lands on Newark, and I travel from Tucson, Arizona arriving the same day on La Guardia. My girlfriend has seven hours on her to get to La Guardia before I get there.

I've taken a look on some of the transportation possibilities from airport to airport. The taxi rate is pretty expensive for one person according to the airport website, so that is not an option.

Have anybody any experience with ETS Air Shuttle? Do you think there is any need to book it in advance when it's not necessary to take it immediately after arrival? Do you know where their ticket counter is located on Newark?

Our hotel is located in Brooklyn. How much do you think the taxi rate would be from La Guardia to our hotel? Our plane back is going from Newark. Are there any hotel-to-airport transportation options? Or would a taxi be a better idea in this case, since we're two this time? How much do you think the taxi rate would be?

Thanks for any reply!

Quote Originally Posted by miceagol
    Hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are visiting New York City for the first time in late December. We are coming from two different parts of the world to different parts of New York. She comes from Oslo, Norway and lands on Newark, and I travel from Tucson, Arizona arriving the same day on La Guardia. My girlfriend has seven hours on her to get to La Guardia before I get there.

I've taken a look on some of the transportation possibilities from airport to airport. The taxi rate is pretty expensive for one person according to the airport website, so that is not an option.

Have anybody any experience with ETS Air Shuttle? Do you think there is any need to book it in advance when it's not necessary to take it immediately after arrival? Do you know where their ticket counter is located on Newark?
    If you love or even just like this girlfriend, you will not have her schlep out from LaGuardia to Newark to meet you, after a flight from Norway(!), when the two of you will be staying in Brooklyn. Just meet her at your hotel, or if it is before the hotel's check-in time, than have her drop off the bags and meet you at a nearby cafe. Newark Airport is nowhere near Brooklyn.

Our hotel is located in Brooklyn. How much do you think the taxi rate would be from La Guardia to our hotel?
    It really depends. Brooklyn is a big borough. Probably about $30.

Our plane back is going from Newark. Are there any hotel-to-airport transportation options? Or would a taxi be a better idea in this case, since we're two this time? How much do you think the taxi rate would be?

Thanks for any reply!
    Cabs to and from Newark are more expensive than LaGuardia, because you are crossing state lines and such. Ask your hotel to recommend a reasonably priced car service for you. Should be about $40.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast