Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Correct Gab

  1. #1

    Default Correct Gab

    I'm here in this forum to practise my English writing or typing, if my grammar is bad, I will welcome anyone who will correct me. Thank you for your interest.

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't understand.

  3. #3
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,781

    Default

    He is looking for the Gift of Gab.

  4. #4
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gab
    I'm here in this forum to practise my English writing or typing, if my grammar is bad, I will welcome anyone who will correct me. Thank you for your interest.
    Hmmm ...

    To start: put a period after "writing or typing" (although I'm not sure if your first sentence is completely correct regarding the use of "English" -- as opposed to, say, French -- typing).

    At the end of your (now) second sentence: "I will welcome any corrections" might better state your intent than what you have written (unless you actually mean that those who correct you are welcome to come to your home for dinner and an overnight visit).

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lofter1
    Hmmm ...

    To start: put a period after "writing or typing" (although I'm not sure if your first sentence is completely correct regarding the use of "English" -- as opposed to, say, French -- typing).

    At the end of your (now) second sentence: "I will welcome any corrections" might better state your intent than what you have written (unless you actually mean that those who correct you are welcome to come to your home for dinner and an overnight visit).
    Yes sir, thank you to correct me, I welcome any kind of correction.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gab
    Yes sir, thank you to correct me, I welcome any kind of correction.
    "Thank you for having corrected me." That would be the proper way to form the sentence. Now how big is your spare bedroom? I've always wanted to see Quebec.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redhot00
    "Thank you for having corrected me." That would be the proper way to form the sentence. Now how big is your spare bedroom? I've always wanted to see Quebec.
    Where do you want to go in Quebec? After all, Quebec has a huge space for a small population, but if you're in Montreal the population doesn't look little. The best way to get to Quebec by car is when you take the highway 87 north from Bronx or the highway 91 from Boston. Do you want to see the round mountains in Laurententian? Do you want to see a region where there are more women than men as Saguenay Lac St-Jean? Do you want to go to the oldest city of North America such Quebec city? I live in a 1 and half in Montreal between Papineau and Frontenac metro (subway) station. Most of people says when they want to get at McGill station, people I go to the metro McGill.

  8. #8

    Default

    I want to see all of Quebec, from the big cities to the rolling countryside. I want to mingle with the locals, spend some time in Montreal and Quebec City, and I want to see some hockey games while I'm there. I love hockey.

    I've been to Ontario and loved it. But to me, Quebec is the epitome of French Canada.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redhot00
    I want to see all of Quebec, from the big cities to the rolling countryside. I want to mingle with the locals, spend some time in Montreal and Quebec City, and I want to see some hockey games while I'm there. I love hockey.

    I've been to Ontario and loved it. But to me, Quebec is the epitome of French Canada.
    You can mingle as much as you want, you'll be welcome as long as you don't make any problem. Most american who live close to my apartment almost all told they are eager to learn French. When do you plan to visit Quebec?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software